• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - SP campaign, Oct 28, PS4/XB1/Origin [Up: Official SP Trailer]

Unless things changed and we don't know about it, EA does not own Respawn, or the Titanfall IP. They did not want to have the same happen to them whit Activision.

But... such is the beast of money in game publishing.

A cursory search of the trademark database shows that Respawn owns the trademark on Titanfall, so that settles that I guess.

Day 1. Don't give a damn about the single player; the first game was multi only and I loved it, was my go to for the better part of a year. As long as this one plays as well as the first (and I have no doubt it will) I'm pumped. Story mode is great and all but I would honestly be happy with just a reskin of the first game with new maps, so it'll be pretty hard for me to end up disappointed.

Just hope there's enough of a community with the two juggernauts launching on either side; the march release on the first was perfrct because the community was huge since it was something new and they already had CoD and BF out of their system by then.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Did they tell the guy to go in the booth and do his best Peter Cullen impression or what?

Looks good though.

Newlove

I'm glad we're getting the single player campaign we clamored for after TF1. A bit disappointed that we'll be playing the role of Jack Cooper, generic white guy #6758, but it's better than nothing i guess.

The protagonist didn't get any showing in this trailer. A bit early to be disappointed by that.

I'm glad we're getting the single player campaign we clamored for after TF1. A bit disappointed that we'll be playing the role of Jack Cooper, generic white guy #6758, but it's better than nothing i guess.

Yeah but the Titan looks to be as important, it's what's selling me the game so far.

Why don't shooters give us custom characters, I'm tired of playing as generic lookers. Aside from that I love the theme of working together with your ai Titan and them working with you, it's so damn cool.

Edit: damn didn't realize this was a week before cod and a week after bf1, I'd ove to play all three but c'mon that's too close:/

MikeSan

The first game was good, but this one with a single player campaign is far more interesting for me !

Quite curious for the EA press conference now.

AHA-Lambda

Looks cool, curious to see how Titanfall approaches a solo campaign

Still don't understand why EA is putting it out with BF1 though :/

SwolBro

Banned
I would have preferred they focus on MP and not bothered with SP.
i agree, but it's good they have a single player. it will definitely help people learn the game mechanics before jumping into PVP and playing it like COD.

Lets hope for crossplay for larger, healthier multiplayer. Azure for everyone, please.

The servers are what make or break this game. TF1 is one of the smoothest MP out there.
Azure for everyone is a serious must. We'll find out tonight i hope.

I got serious Avatar vibes from that.

The Titans have AI? Interesting. A buddy shooter campaign then. Although I could see how this ends.

I'm in for the SP.

Yeah but the Titan looks to be as important, it's what's selling me the game so far.

I think since it says the Titan is linked with a new pilot at the start, you will be left with only that one for the duration of the SP campaign. Makes you cherish the one Titan you're in perhaps?

Anung

Un Rama
"You know, Mecha, we really are the Titanfall"

Really interested in all the game-play possibilities for Titans in a single player space.

Tosyn_88

To me,if EA wants to bury the competition, they have to include the trio of campaign, coop and multiplayer. That's how they can begin to win minds away from call of duty

120v

Why don't shooters give us custom characters, I'm tired of playing as generic lookers. Aside from that I love the theme of working together with your ai Titan and them working with you, it's so damn cool.

Edit: damn didn't realize this was a week before cod and a week after bf1, I'd ove to play all three but c'mon that's too close:/

I thought that too at first but then realized you're going to be in a cockpit the whole time

Alx

I think since it says the Titan is linked with a new pilot at the start, you will be left with only that one for the duration of the SP campaign. Makes you cherish the one Titan you're in perhaps?

"It's like the Last Guardian... with guns !"

VariantX

A little hyped for this, im getting those lost planet vibes i got at the 360's launch. I hear this has grappling hooks too...

Menthuss

snLDDvq.gif

Yes! Yes! Split it wide open!

Top Bottom