• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - SP campaign, Oct 28, PS4/XB1/Origin [Up: Official SP Trailer]

Q7AZYa6.jpg

Are you shitting me? They took the training section for wall running from the first one and just added some convenient fire they needed to avoid?

So is this the year of making your A.I/Robotic character sound like Optimus Prime? There's this DOOM and something else this year but I can't remember it's name.

Day 1

Love that they're trying to make the Titan a real character this time round. Which means it will no doubt die trying to save the pilot

Overwatch can tide me over until this is released.

Turning Titanfall into a robot-buddy cop movie might be the best thing EA could've done with the franchise. Cautiously optimistic, I might actually buy this at some point!

Am I watching some different trailer? This looked cringey and stale as hell.

For a narrative SP campaign it seemed utterly uninspired. I'm sure it's still a great playing shooter, but damn.

What makes this any better than the CoD-trailer?

Zomba13

Wow that looks cool. I mean I doubt it'd have an amazing story and all that, but I love the gunplay and movement of Titanfall so that in a single player campaign plus giving the titans some personality/AI seems super cool. Seems like this titan lost it's original pilot and grouped up with the player as some last resort thing and that might be something that titan's shouldn't be able to do without authorisation?

Can't wait to run across some walls and jump on some titans with the help of my robobo. The Last Guardian: Giant Robot Edition.

SwolBro

Banned
Are you shitting me? They took the training section for wall running from the first one and just added some convenient fire they needed to avoid?

umm, maybe it's another training sim, or maybe it's just a fucking hallway dude. calm down.

trailer looked great. it won't be a graphical powerhouse but as long as it's a 1080p at 60fps with identical gameplay and mechanics (oh and azure servers) i'm going to be the happiest gamer ever.

-griffy-

Banned

How do you know it's not part of the story that you go through the training facility that served as the tutorial in the first game?

kinggroin

Banned
I'm not understanding the anger from some of the posts in here, over what seem like trivial things.

The fire in the training area for one.

ultron87

I'm not expecting anything super deep or outside the usual tropes from the Titan AI sentience aspect of the story, but I like that they're going in that direction.

a916

They literally could've released just the MP but deeper and I would've been happy.

They've really made this thing a full package. So excited.

xviper

i don't care about SP honestly, i hope they show us MP footage at E3

i guess the game will not do well at sales since it's 1 week after Battlefiled 1, Big mistake EA

jett

D-Member

For a narrative SP campaign it seemed utterly uninspired. I'm sure it's still a great playing shooter, but damn.

Honestly nothing.

kevin1025

Banned

i guess the game will not do well at sales since it's 1 week after Battlefiled 1, Big mistake EA

Multiplayer is going to happen, the end of the single player video has a link to multiplayer footage but it's private still.

a916

There's a MP video in the Youtube link that's private. I imagine it'll be made live once their stream is done.

a916

Visually? It's more colorful COD IW was too muted. Technically/graphically, they are about the same, neither is really pushing it.

But context, their last games, Titanfall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ghosts

theofficefan99

I want to see FPS games put in more effort into their campaigns. Make the stories more cinematic, with characters to actually care about, put in some RPG elements, etc...

Altairre

Before watching this trailer I was not interested in Titanfall 2. I am now interested in Titanfall 2. Good job trailer.

ViciousDS

Banned
Fuck yes, BT has a mind of his own. Totally excited for this and the original IW team to throw me into a great story again.

SwolBro

Banned

sorry it didn't tickle you bro. games are about gameplay, if it didn't do it for you narratively then i don't know, maybe the gameplay will?

0racle

Wow....looks so good.

I hate to be that guy but COD has a tough market to compete in with this and battlefield coming out. I bet we will see MW remaster a standard pack in announced at e3.

I think the backlash on CoD wasn't that the trailer itself was bad, but more that the franchise is continuing to go in a direction people don't want that particular franchise to go in. With Titanfall 2, everyone expected this trailer to look how it does and the quality of the first game gives people optimism about this one, as opposed to the pessimism that seemingly surrounds CoD at the moment.

TheMan

I'm glad we're getting the single player campaign we clamored for after TF1. A bit disappointed that we'll be playing the role of Jack Cooper, generic white guy #6758, but it's better than nothing i guess.

Top Bottom