• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta now taking applications, the thread of begging and whining

Shady859

I don't even. It is a beta for a game that is coming out in less than a month.

I and many people will buy a key if they don't get in. I guarantee you that lots of people are trying to snag keys just for this reason. Gamers are impatient and have no problem spending a little money especially something hyped to the level of this game.

Deadbeat

Banned
That is what I was joking about when I said no beta club for me. I was only partially joking though, that really disqualifies you from getting beta access?
I was going by anecdotal evidence on gaf and other forums from what was constructed during those times. But think of it this way: if you are going to create a few rubber origin accounts to get a titanfall key, wouldnt it make sense to select those two boxes anyways?

Got all the way to the apply button, but it won't let me press it. On mobile :(

I had the same problem, couldn't hit apply on Mobile. Tried on PC, and its a janky mess right now. Tells me I can login to Origin with my PSN, I do, takes me to my Origin Profile, but doesn't sign me up for the beta.

Try to sign up simply with my Origin account, says my email isn't valid, even though it shows my email in my Origin Profile correctly.

DarkFlow

Banned
That is what I was joking about when I said no beta club for me. I was only partially joking though, that really disqualifies you from getting beta access?

Well if you don't check the send me e-mails box, they won't send you shit. I missed out on a few betas and coupons not checking that box.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just to clarify - was the Xbox One application supposed to ask you to log in to your Origin account? It didn't even mention Origin when I clicked submit. All it wanted was an email.

We know the latest.. But what is the earliest we may hear about being accepted?

Yeah that's what I'm wondering as well. The leaked start date was the 14th but they haven't really given any official indication as to when this thing is going to kick off.

I'm really surprised the FAQ didn't mention anything about dates or what all is included in the beta. Still kinda going in blind here.

Wait! When you sign up for the beta, then login to Origin, does it do anything after that?>

Does it say "Congratulations, you have been signed up for the Titanfall Beta!" Or anything? I clicked on PC, to apply for the PC Beta, logged into my Origin account, login screen disappeared, and I am back to the Apply for the Beta screen.

EDIT: Ok, I see, finally got in. What a mess that site is. Was super easy on my mobile phone, until you hit apply. By the time I tried on PC, it was a laggy mess, with stuff disconnecting and everything. Good look everyone!

I had the same problem, couldn't hit apply on Mobile. Tried on PC, and its a janky mess right now. Tells me I can login to Origin with my PSN, I do, takes me to my Origin Profile, but doesn't sign me up for the beta.

Try to sign up simply with my Origin account, says my email isn't valid, even though it shows my email in my Origin Profile correctly.

Just got it to work. Apparently checking the boxes in order didn't trigger the apply button, but checking the tos box and then the "spam me with emails" box got the apply button to light up.

I hope I get in for two reasons:

1. Get a sense of how it runs on my somewhat aging PC
2. See how terrible I do online using a controller in the PC environment

Noticed lots of people on my TL sign in using Twitter to tweet the message that they signed up for the beta. Wonder if that helps chances in any way, since lots of journalists did it.

wrongway

Signed up, fingers crossed. Wish there was a confirmation email... I hate beta signups that don't spit out confirmation emails. :<

Violater

Heh I can login on Origin on the desktop but not through the browser
LLShC.gif

VariantX

I'm surprised i was able to sign up without a hitch. The signup process was as slow as molasses, but it actually allowed me to go through and complete the process. I'd usually end up with an error message halfway through.

Top Bottom