• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall boosts Xbox One UK sales by 96%, Tea and Crumpets for all!

Steroyd

Sony paid fat stacks exclusive content, but you are also right. The Sony/Bungie relationship is strong.

Edit: All the above goes for Activision too.

I don't know about strong, but it's playing it smart, quite simply Bungie has a following on Xbox thanks to Halo so the goal is to raise their stock among Playstation to raise their appeal.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I was under the impression BF4 had sold better on PS4 than XBO. And I'm pretty sure all the data we have backs that up.

Ghosts did better on Xbox One in the US, though, if I recall correctly.
Both did better in the US according to 2013 numbers we have. (Very close though.)

Donos

According to insiderp (is it trust worthy?)

UK :
Xbox One - 23,000 units
PS4 - 27,000 units
Titanfall Xbox One - 125,000 copies

USA :
Titanfall Xbox One - 480,000 copies
We do not have the final hardware numbers for last week, but based on the near final numbers, we have PS4 and Xbox One being virtually neck and neck, with each console selling over 100,000 units

Rest of Europe / PAL:
PS4 - 80,000 units ( Hardware sales increased 200% over the week ending March 9th, 2014)
Xbox One - 12,000 units
Titanfall Xbox One - ~100,000 units

http://www.insiderp.com/titanfall-launch-sales.html

Thread with this "info" got locked by the mods pretty fast. Data is not really reliable.

Sean*O

I don't know about strong, but it's playing it smart, quite simply Bungie has a following on Xbox thanks to Halo so the goal is to raise their stock among Playstation to raise their appeal.

I agree with that move. They couldn't have picked a better time to go non exclusive.

foxbeldin

C3nvss9.png

Jack cw

Wasn't there a price drop the previous week?

Not an official one, but some retailers had prices around 369 pounds for the TF bundle. it would be nice to get actual numbers now, because those precentages could imply anything from a few hundred to 10k gaps.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Not an official one, but some retailers had prices around 369 pounds for the TF bundle. it would be nice to get actual numbers now, because those precentages could imply anything from a few hundred to 10k gaps.

But you couldn't buy the TF bundle it was pre-order only was it not?

We still really don't know what is going on, wish we could just get figures.

UK :
Xbox One - 23,000 units
PS4 - 27,000 units

USA :
We do not have the final hardware numbers for last week, but based on the near final numbers, we have PS4 and Xbox One being virtually neck and neck, with each console selling over 100,000 units

Rest of Europe / PAL:
PS4 - 80,000 units ( Hardware sales increased 200% over the week ending March 9th, 2014)
Xbox One - 12,000 units

Id say that this is within the realm of plauslibity but im not sure the source is reliable.

foxbeldin

Do we have february UK numbers?

It's not exact science, but you divide those by 4 and you get an average selling week for both. It's probably something around 10-15K a week (i really don't know)... So double for Xb1 and 75% for PS4 is like a gap of a few thousands. Would give a really rough estimate.

EGM1966

If the xbox comfortably outsold the PS4 I'm sure we will hear something soon from MS

No necessarily - comfortably sounds good but if we're talking weekly UK sales then volume wise it's still going to be a fairly small number comparatively. Not the kind you'd specifically mention I suspect.

Also if PS4 outsells MS every other week but TitanFall release week then MS are also unlikely to particularly call out the odd week out as they'd be asking for Sony to point out overall (in terms of number of weeks) they've sold more.

At this point a general "delivered strongest sales at launch for XB1, look at all these stats for the game" PR release seems more likely as that would be hard to contest and would sound positive enough.

foxbeldin

According to *my ass*, last week PS4 and X1 were both around 8K.

So that would put them at 15,7 and 13,8 for Titanfall release week.

- edited out unreliable uncited source -

foxbeldin

Please don´t do this.
And even just a little bit of math shows, that those numbers are very very far from the truth.

What maths? Around 8k a week for UK only seems pretty realistic to me.
Even if they're wrong by, let's say, 200% (that's quite a lot to be wrong about), the gap is still minimal.

Then why are you taking it into consideration?

I think it's interesting were not dealing with hundreds of thousands. It's just an indication of scale to me.

Hammer24

Banned
In what way are the numbers far from the truth?

We know what FIFA did week one, so we have a baseline for TF. We know that 70% were bundles, so we have a baseline for hardware too.

What maths? Around 8k a week for UK only seems pretty realistic to me.
Even if they're wrong by, let's say, 200% (that's quite a lot to be wrong about), the gap is still minimal.

You are aware that quoting this site, even without mentioning its name, is still bannable?

Lol exactly what I said.

UK :
Xbox One - 23,000 units
PS4 - 27,000 units

USA :

Rest of Europe / PAL:
Xbox One - 12,000 units

Interesting; I'd figure both systems would do over 200k this month; guess the Feb #s were bumps in anticipation for TitanFall/Infamous after all.

EA and MS better hope TitanFall has the Nintendo slow-burn effect if these numbers are true.

Interesting; I'd figure both systems would do over 200k this month; guess the Feb #s were bumps in anticipation for TitanFall/Infamous after all.

EA and MS better hope TitanFall has the Nintendo slow-burn effect if these numbers are true.

Safe assumption are those numbers are false as far as I know

Thread was closed and most seasoned members here attributed it to be fake

Not that it adds much new information but has this been posted?

Xbox One sales boosted by Titanfall – but PlayStation 4 up too

Guardian article with a couple of small quotes by Chris Dring [editor of MCV]

Xbox One sales in the UK were boosted by 96% last week with the release of sci-fi shooter Titanfall. The game, which is exclusive to Microsoft platforms, including Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, launched on 14 March, immediately claiming the number one slot on the all-formats software chart.

According to figures released by entertainment sales monitor Chart-Track, 70% of all Xbox One units sold in the UK last week were special editions, bundled with Titanfall. The game has been heavily marketed by Microsoft and publisher Electronic Arts, and is widely considered a benchmark title for the Xbox One machine, especially as it is unavailable on close rival PlayStation 4. Microsoft also accompanied the release with a UK price drop for the console, from £429 to £399.

However, according to retail sources speaking to Chris Dring, editor of industry news site, MCV, PS4 sales also rose last week – by 72.4%. “PS4 is in a stronger position,” he said. “It had by far the strongest Christmas out of the two and a really strong start to the year, so has opened a big gap over Xbox One.

“Sony’s big issue is making enough consoles. PS4 has been subject to stock shortages in some areas, particularly during February. In fact last week, PS4 sales rose by over 70% last week because there was an increase in consoles shipped into the market.”

Top Bottom