• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall boosts Xbox One UK sales by 96%, Tea and Crumpets for all!

I am skeptical that EA/Microsoft's silence is meaningful regarding Titanfall's sales. I would still be shocked if it wasn't a massive commercial success. The amount of media hype has been off the charts, and I can't even escape the hype in public. Two nights ago, my girlfriend and I ate at a sushi restaurant and some dudes next to us were talking about the game the whole time. Last night, I went to get groceries and a group of four college dudes were talking about the game in the vegetable isle. I am aware that's not evidence of anything, I just... I can't fathom that an underwhelming launch is even possible.
I've never heard anyone talking about it in public. It doesn't mean anything.

NavNucST3

Possibly late on this - for March so far the PS4 has sold more units via Amazon than the Titanfall Bone despite not having freely available stock and being back ordered for all of March (they had deliveries for the 11th, then they changed that to the 27th and now it is for April 3rd). The PS4 is ranked 15th for March and the Titanfall Bone is ranked 24th, the next hardware is all the way down in 38th which is the Infamous SS bundle that releases in a few days.

Titanfall itself has now fallen from 1st to 3rd behind Infamous and MGSGZ for PS4.

While I think that the Bone has had a recovery of sorts since the price cut and the strong pricing action by retailers, I do not believe it will be enough for MS to overhaul the large lead that PS4 has already built up. In fact I think after the end of March the ball swings further in Sony's favour as the stock issues will continue to ease and the promotional activity related to Titanfall dies down, that includes soft price cuts by retailers and the mega marketing spend by MS/EA.

I do not believe Titanfall will be a turning point for MS in the UK, and any recovery will be short lived. The PS4 hype is still very real, I think Sony have fucked up by trying to push two undesirable games in KZ and Knack via bundles though. They would have 100% sell-through in the UK if they did a DS4 bundle for the same price as the Knack/KZ bundles or just did solo units for the base price from now on. Sony need to stop shipping KZ and Knack bundles here. I know a couple of people looking for PS4 solo units to play GZ on and neither are interested in owning Knack or KZ, and neither game has any kind of trade in value. They would have bought solo PS4 units if they could get them but do not want to get KZ or Knack bundles, or the copious number of forced retailer bundles.

Which link are you using because the 2014 and March 2014 that I'm looking at on Amazon UK don't seem to match what you're saying as far as software placement?

blazeuk

I wish there were actual numbers in this article, rather than percentages. If I'm not mistaken, UK X1 sales were abysmal beforehand, right? So, let's say X1 sold 20K units the week before Titanfall bundle released. A 96% increase is ~39K units the following week. It's a large jump... relative to prior data. But that's all we're given info on atm. Unless I'm missing something.

Where are the thoughts the XB1 sales were abysmal coming from though? Genuine question since the PS4 was beating the XB1 in sales by 1.5:1 by the end of January (according to Sony themselves), has there been any more official information given since? If the XB1 sales were as bad as it's being made out then the whole console market is on it's arse because that 0.5 extra Sony are doing can hardly be considered fantastic. Without numbers it's impossible to actually tell what's going on, I'd hazard a guess that while the PS4 is ahead the numbers are not hugely in favour of the PS4 in the US/UK market to be thinking that either console is doing badly, I imagine both Sony and MS are pretty happy.

RulkezX

Which link are you using because the 2014 and March 2014 that I'm looking at on Amazon UK don't seem to match what you're saying as far as software placement?

Does for me , what link are you using. TF is 7th on the hourlys.

Zomg usually has real sales data to work with as well does he not ?

He is looking on the dailies/hourly which dont tell us an awful lot.

I do agree with him on the knack and killzone bundles though. The infamous should replace Knack and In May the watchdogs should replace killzone.

Oh and zomg, argos have stock of the solus. Get them while you can.

sn00zer

PS4 sales up in anticipation of Titanfall 2 (or Titanfall: Uber Edition if EA deems it worth paying whatever "break fee" they have in their exclusivity contract with MS in order to get the growing PS4 userbase on board with the franchise - and soothe over feelings with Respawn who are probably mad that they've missed out on that userbase due to EA going behind their backs).

Something like this would be insane......would be one hell of a blow to MS....I imagine Tf2 will be coming very soon, as in the end of 2015....or if something like you say, got damn

Something like this would be insane......would be one hell of a blow to MS....I imagine Tf2 will be coming very soon, as in the end of 2015....or if something like you say, got damn

Don't see another Respawn game until 2016. Too small of a team and they are just now trying to finish up patches and etc for their first game.

Nah Mort has pretty much confirmed that there is no loopholes or outs where a sigma edition can come to the PS4

Titanfall 2 will be PS4's first Titanfall

Nah Mort has pretty much confirmed that there is no loopholes or outs where a sigma edition can come to the PS4

Titanfall 2 will be PS4's first Titanfall

Dam MS ain't playing around
bugsjpg.png

What about the Fifa loophole? Increment the number on the box and release the exact same game again?

titanfallps4htejd.png

I mean they would need to update the title screen and EA might not be prepared to put that much work in. But it is still possible.

Sean*O

It included the 74% increase for PS4 and many a poster came into the thread thinking that Titanfall had boosted PS4 sales by 74%. Such an incredible system seller indeed

That is funny. "It's so bad it sold 74% more PS4s" lol

Sad thing is 74% more PS4s is a hell of a lot more than 96% more Xbones.

More room for Destiny. The longer Titanfall stays away from the PS4, the more room for Destiny to grow on the PS4 fanbase.

EA did a dumbass move though. Works for me since I have a dislike of Respawn's formula for shooters.

shwimpy

More room for Destiny. The longer Titanfall stays away from the PS4, the more room for Destiny to grow on the PS4 fanbase.

EA did a dumbass move though. Works for me since I have a dislike of Respawn's formula for shooters.
Never thought of it like that. EA/MS did Activision a favor by keeping Titanfall Xbox exclusive. Activision should send EA a fruit basket.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

What's with this super strange trend of treating Destiny like its a PS4 exclusive just because it has exclusive content? Early marketing doesn't change that either.

slapnuts

Not sure if there is a thread on this yet or someone posted this bit of info yet..but dualshockers has a new article on the sales increased of PS4 during TitanFall's UK Launch week..by 74%!!
---------------------------------------

PS4 Sales Also Increased by 74% on Titanfall’s Launch Week in the UK According to Report

Titanfall pushed Xbox One sales up quite radically in the UK last week, but according to a report tweeted by MCV UK Editor Christopher Dring, citing “retail sources,” PS4 sales also rose in the UK by 74% last week. The cause for the increase is quite different: Simply enough, supply constraints have been mitigated, allowing those that wanted Sony’s new console but couldn’t previously find one to finally bring it home.

Xbox One sales jumped 96% last week. But according to my retail source, PS4 sales also rose by 72.4%. That’ll be because some stock came in.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...ls-launch-week-in-the-uk-according-to-report/

What's with this super strange trend of treating Destiny like its a PS4 exclusive just because it has exclusive content? Early marketing doesn't change that either.
I dunno. People did the same thing with Titanfall and the Xbox One; it left me scratching my head.

I guess maybe because a PC version hasn't been announced, and that leaves the PS4 as the platform that will run the game best.

I dunno. People did the same thing with Titanfall and the Xbox One; it left me scratching me head.

I guess maybe because a PC version hasn't been announced, and that leaves the PS4 as the platform that will run the game best.
I think its because the cheapest way to play destiny on netgen is on ps4. It seems to be the go to console for multiplats for casuals because its cheaper, I dont think power has much to do with it

I think its because the cheapest way to play destiny on netgen is on ps4. It seems to be the go to console for multiplats for casuals because its cheaper, I dont think power has much to do with it

What is this casual talk? Destiny isn't a game recognized by the casual crowd so that's extremely false. They may know of it, but they don't know what it is. Power may not have nothing to do about it now at this moment but when it's almost ready for debut, you better believe that will be the topic of discussion.

That would make a lot of sense for casuals, but I thought he was talking about gaffers in general. I guess I just assumed gaffers tend to skew more towards the hardcore side of gaming.

I always thought it made the most sense to buy the best performing version of console mutliplats; it's just a lucky coincidence for me that the PS4 is more powerful and cheaper.

Do we have any numbers/estimates for how many consoles sold that would actually be? For both Xbone and PS4?

I'm waiting for any kind of Titanfall numbers to be released. I kind of get the impression that it's not met expectations, but they could also be waiting a week to release numbers ala Halo. We'll see soon enough!

What is this casual talk? Destiny isn't a game recognized by the casual crowd so that's extremely false. They may know of it, but they don't know what it is. Power may not have nothing to do about it now at this moment but when it's almost ready for debut, you better believe that will be the topic of discussion.
Well its not even close to release yet so will have to wait and see if casuals adopt it. Honestly iven been looking up destiny news and i still dont get how it works so I dont expect the casuals to just yet. Activision will market it heavily and given bungie history it will prob be critical success. For the casual power does not matter much, they almost always flock to the cheaper console. Ps4 is in excellent position though because its attracting casuals and hardcore

Top Bottom