• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Gameplay Footage (Embargo Lifted)

Milennia

Im going to play this for a good long while.
It just looks more and more like a game tailor fit for me.

Lots of customization yet balance is of importance from the videos, as well as futuristic setting and parkour to increase flow.

I inew it was going to get me, but its becoming a bigger thing for me than i jad originally anticipated.. I need to at least play it as of this friday hopefully and make my final comments on the game prior to launch. Where i will do extensive research and learn all there is to learn as well as hopefully hit the skill ceiling fairly quickly via map knowledge and general assload of play.

E92 M3

I the full game has a ton more customization and weapon options to make it feel like the beta didn't spoil too much.

Dandalf

Neo Member
I know I've posted this in a few other Titanfall related threads but haven't gotten many hits.

A buddy and I will be playing regularly. We've both played CoD on XBox 360 since Modern Warfare, and across all games my KDR is ~2.9.

I'm looking to play with people (hopefully in the beta) as well as when it's fully released.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request on XBL and let me know you're from GAF!

XBL: Dandalph

Milennia

I know I've posted this in a few other Titanfall related threads but haven't gotten many hits.

A buddy and I will be playing regularly. We've both played CoD on XBox 360 since Modern Warfare, and across all games my KDR is ~2.9.

I'm looking to play with people (hopefully in the beta) as well as when it's fully released.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request on XBL and let me know you're from GAF!

XBL: Dandalph

Im sure there will be a beta thread and OT that will include friends lists.

E92 M3

I'm watching Max and he's using the stairs way too much lol. Still see a semblance of COD mentality in these players. This game will need to retrain some folk.

Anyone know if the PC beta will allow for controllers? I want to see how well I fare with it given the game's heavy on transversal and I don't want to use a mouse/keyboard right now as I have my pc hooked up to my TV.

E92 M3

Anyone know if the PC beta will allow for controllers? I want to see how well I fare with it given the game's heavy on transversal and I don't want to use a mouse/keyboard right now as I have my pc hooked up to my TV.

Controllers are allowed - and if I'm not wrong, there will even be aim assist.

Since they could be real players and thus actual conflict, seems rather pointless.

Right, but then that could lead to an absurd amount of mechs on the map.

I like the AI-Attrition concept. Keeps the action high - giving you more things to shoot and moving toward a point-victory.

I'm watching Max and he's using the stairs way too much lol. Still see a semblance of COD mentality in these players. This game will need to retrain some folk.

And in the little bit I watched of the stream, he spends way too much time camping/guarding a spot and then wonders where all of the action is. The game's mechanics and resulting flow will just force everyone to up their game once they figure out that CoD habits don't apply 1:1 when other players consistently show them the killcam by playing the game using all of the options provided.

WizzNARD

Am I the only one who started checking their email when they saw people streaming? Like I knew it wouldn't be there yet, but there was the hope of a clerical error in my favor.

E92 M3

And in the little bit I watched of the stream, he spends way too much time camping/guarding a spot and then wonders where all of the action is. The game's mechanics and resulting flow will just force everyone to up their game once they figure out that CoD habits don't apply 1:1 when other players consistently show them the killcam by playing the game using all of the options provided.

It's why I can't wait to destroy some people in the early days lol. Those ex COD players will be easy pickings in the beginning for us that love this type of action.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I just watched a number of these videos and I can't get over the fact that there seems to be no recoil to the shooting and the jumping mechanic is not restricted by any cooldown of any kind, so its non stop double jumps and random shooting with no recoil.

But the worst thing is all the cannon fodder bots. They seem useless in terms of attacking you or posing a threat, and just a map filler to get you to a Titan faster and make the maps not empty.

I am just not seeing it as fun gameplay, there seems to be no strategy to the attacks/defense because everything dies too quickly. See someone first, bot or pilot, you almost always win the encounter, they don't even have time to turn or hide or dodge. And Titans are just bigger guys, they also seem quite fragile vs. other Titans in the grand scheme.

Jumping cooldown, did you even play any high mobility shooter seriously? UT2K4, Quake, anything?

Terrible terrible idea/mechanic.

jediyoshi

I the full game has a ton more customization and weapon options to make it feel like the beta didn't spoil too much.

Same, but I doubt it's fully the case. Something basic like choosing between pilot appearances is maybe enough for me. The obvious hotness would be things like Titan paintjobs.

E92 M3

Same, but I doubt it's fully the case. Something basic like choosing between pilot appearances is maybe enough for me. The obvious hotness would be things like Titan paintjobs.

Paintjobs....mmmmmmm. I will be so down for that.

Also, it kinda sucks that the beta only lasts till the 18th -- especially for the ones that get in on the 17th. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Both the beta maps seem really open so that's not too surprising. Though I don't think we've really seen any maps that seem more close quarters in general.

hawk2025

Both the beta maps seem really open so that's not too surprising. Though I don't think we've really seen any maps that seem more close quarters in general.

Have we seen any maps other than these two?

I want moooore. Why can't I get my beta key already :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Man, that sucks, Blim. I always hated that MS never treated you guys decently when you were one of their early champions of high quality captures for your old xboxyde site, man.

MS was quite great with us during the 360 launch, I'm certainly not going to complain about how we were treated back then.

Raide

Max is currently doing the best job of hyping Titanfall. Really cool to see some of the stuff that happens and some of the chaos that happens!

Not impressed graphically, but it all holds together well and looks frenetic and fun as hell in motion.

Makes me almost wish I was into multiplayer-only games.

-MD-

I'm trying really hard to forgive the lack of recoil/CoD style gunplay but the player HP pool is so TINY.

Looks fun though, need to try it for myself.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Anyone know if the comment section was filled with console warriors before GAF came in to the stream?

You could have the United Nations General Assembly discuss Titanfall and it would devolve to the warz. Dont blame gaf bro.

Not impressed graphically, but it all holds together well and looks frenetic and fun as hell in motion.

Makes me almost wish I was into multiplayer-only games.

Yeeeaaah. It's definitely a Source game. Improving the renderer or not, there's nothing impressive about this game visually AT ALL.

But it looks like a ton of fun. I want to play it.

Top Bottom