• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like we may get a sequel announcement for the XBO and PS4.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB20001424052702304710104579608862062119236
Microsoft has benefited from the Xbox-exclusive shooting game "Titanfall" from Electronic Arts Inc., EA -0.46% which was the best-selling title of March and April in the U.S. But its follow-up game, which is in the planning stages, also will be available for the PS4, a person close to the development effort said. EA declined to comment.

Don't forget that we'll also be getting some DLC and Patch news this week, though probably not at the EA presser itself.
Titan decals and a new game mode "Marked for Death" being shown next week at E3.Hopefully it's released next week as well and features some game tweaks (Satchel charge nerf please!!!).

keezy

Since the Master Chief collection was confirmed I'm planning on picking up an Xbone. I'm thinking about picking up this game with the system to tide me over until that's released. I have CoD and BF4 for PS4 and really don't want to double dip on those titles. I've read a few threads that mention the community for this game is dwindling. Is that true?

Since the Master Chief collection was confirmed I'm planning on picking up an Xbone. I'm thinking about picking up this game with the system to tide me over until that's released. I have CoD and BF4 for PS4 and really don't want to double dip on those titles. I've read a few threads that mention the community for this game is dwindling. Is that true?

I picked up the Titanfall Xbox One edition console that came with the game. I knew that there was going to be a cheaper XboxOne coming today but I wanted it for the weekend so I got it anyways. The community is far from dead. The longest I waited to play was maybe 2 minutes... and that was for a campaign level.

Get it you will not be disappointed and add me: CthulhuSars.

It's not dead if you know what modes to play at the right times of day. If you're going to be on during general work/school hours, then you'll find things a bit slow or waiting a long, long time.

Things are fairly populated on weeknights and weekends though. Of course, this is my experience on East Coast servers.

Can add me as well: ArkkAngel007.

EDIT: Even though it's been out for a few months, Titanfall would have been a welcome change in that bullshit EA called an E3 press conference.

keezy

I picked up the Titanfall Xbox One edition console that came with the game. I knew that there was going to be a cheaper XboxOne coming today but I wanted it for the weekend so I got it anyways. The community is far from dead. The longest I waited to play was maybe 2 minutes... and that was for a campaign level.

Get it you will not be disappointed and add me: CthulhuSars.

I just priced out an Xbone(w/o Kinect), Titanfall, and a yearly subscription to Xbox live. It came out to $430 with some Amazon credit I have. Still on the fence.. damnit @_@

I just priced out an Xbone(w/o Kinect), Titanfall, and a yearly subscription to Xbox live. It came out to $430 with some Amazon credit I have. Still on the fence.. damnit @_@

Well I can't twist your arm to get it. But to give you a little background, I do not consider myself a fan of FPS games. The last FPS that I played religiously was Unreal Tournament 2000 and that was a long time ago back when there were more than 2 graphics card companies and Windows NT 4.0 was the shit.

This game is amazing. The concept is brilliant, the gameplay is fresh and the overall experience is top notch.

Getting a console is a huge investment. I wouldn't buy an XboxOne just for Titanfall. So look at what else is coming out... Halo 1-4 super tits package. Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon. Look at whats out right now... Forza 5, Titanfall, Deadrising 3. Do any of these titles entice you enough to want the console? If not then don't pull the trigger and just wait.

Ah, thanks for that info. I am curious to see what they are bringing.

There's a schedule of Titanfall events at E3 that may provide some insight in when to expect some word.

http://titanfallblog.com/2014/05/28/titanfall-will-be-at-e3-2014-new-game-mode-and-upcoming-features-will-be-playable-on-show-floor/

Doesn't look to be any specific event, but folks from Respawn/EA will be on hand at the booth to explain what's new and how the modes work. June Title Update will likely be a press releases sent out to the press or just a posting on the Titanfall website.

**Update**

LHK37hV.jpg

Edit: Someone also found out how to rocket jump. Haven't seen it before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-J2ZFYJRuI&feature=youtu.be

That is cool. Thanks for the updates so far.

So who here actually is lame enough or cool enough I should say to have a Titanfall limited edition controller?

Info Drop: http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-e3-blog?sf27110338=1

Marked for Death
MFD is a 6v6 mode where one player per team is “Marked for Death”. Teams need to protect their own marked player while hunting down the enemy Pilot. Once a target is killed, new Pilots are marked. This is a fast paced mode that challenges players to fully explore maps and coordinate as a team.

Wingman LTS
This is a 2v2 version of Last Titan Standing. It’s our first non 6v6 mode and relies on teamwork and strategy. Great for players who want to play an even more tactical version of LTS.

Titan Burn Cards
Burn cards are no longer just for Pilots. Titan cards include amped weapons and enhanced Titan abilities.
Titan Customization(Visual and voice over)
Players will be able to choose between 3 Titan VO packs. “Betty” is the original voice and this update adds Lisa and Jeeves. Players will also be able to select Titan decals. You’ll unlock these as you complete challenges in the game and apply them to the front of your Titan. Our friends over at Penny Arcade were kind enough to contribute a cool decal to the mix too!

Matchmaking Updates
Titanfall now shows when players are connecting into a lobby as well as shuffling teams to keep skill levels and matches closer.

Some of the smaller changes include burn card overflow protection, new menu art and the ability for auto-titans to use smoke and particle walls.

These are all a part of the June Title Update for XBO and PC, and who-knows-when for 360.

That is cool. Thanks for the updates so far.

So who here actually is lame enough or cool enough I should say to have a Titanfall limited edition controller?

I've wanted one, but sadly funds had to be delegated to other ventures.

HelloMeow

That looks good.

I hope they're getting rid of the auto-leave function when teams get beaten too hard or too often. Otherwise shuffling teams wouldn't make sense and it would be an even bigger waste of time.

Sounds pretty cool as far as updates go. The 2vs2 LST seems awesome and I am excited the most about that.

I found a Titanfall Limited Edition controller so I nabbed it. I guess they are stupid hard to find... That sucks because it is kinda a neat controller.

The Cowboy

It would have been nice to announce performance improvements along with the new modes/info, at this point I've given up on getting some (on either platform). Its great that there are new modes (loving the sound of Marked for Death), its just a shame that performance optimizations are not likely to happen.

It would have been nice to announce performance improvements along with the new modes/info, at this point I've given up on getting some (on either platform). Its great that there are new modes (loving the sound of Marked for Death), its just a shame that performance optimizations are not likely to happen.

Probably putting all their focus on Titanfall 2. But your right it would have been wicked to see some performance improvements.

HelloMeow

So after 2 weeks of not playing the game I decided to try a few games today. Matchmaking took ages as usual. The performance seems to have gotten worse somehow. The hit detection too. This is one of many instances. The first and last one I recorded, because I stopped playing immediately afterwards. I'm getting way more frustrated with the satchels. The game has been out for 3 months, but the most OP and annoying thing is still untouched.

I'm losing interest real fast. I'm kind of done with the game.

Jito

Banned
Not surprised the new game mode doesn't feature any interesting use of Titans or Parkour again. So it's just VIP from Halo 3? Why not make the VIP stay in a Titan or something to make it a bit different?

No balance patches or performance updates either.

We don't even have achievements on PC so that's a weird announcement.

Didn't see any decals either even after announcing them.

Or even a release date for the update?

Auto Titans using smoke is cool though, I'll give them that.

Finally team shuffling! Let's see if that helps matchmaking.

mocoworm

Titanfall's new Marked For Death mode causes muscle contractions

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/11/5799274/titanfalls-new-marked-for-death-mode-causes-muscle-contractions

Not only is Marked for Death, the newest mode for Respawn's Titanfall, reminiscent of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Running Man but it will also cause anxiety-induced muscle contractions, as we found out with our hands-on today at E3 2014.

The mode begins with a random player on each team marked for death. Teammates can either hunt down the opposing targeted player, highlighted as red on the map, or defend their marked teammate, lit up as blue. Pilots are awarded points for certain accomplishments, such as kills, deaths, protecting targeted teammate and surviving as marked player.

Several cycles of randomly targeted players happen throughout the process of one match, depending how long Pilots survive with the death note hanging off their heads. Players are given a warning if they are randomly chosen as a targeted player in the next cycle.

Seeing the text appear across the screen sentencing death caused my back muscles to clench up. My go-to tactic as a marked Pilot was to call my Titan in remote mode, if available, and parkour along walls, finding paths along the interior and exteriors of buildings to make it difficult for enemies to keep on my tail. Surviving as a headhunted player feels great, while ending the life of an opposing marked player, especially one hunkering down like a desperado in his or her Titan, creates a sense of accomplishment.

Marked for Death creates moving targets and it has the power to either instill a sense of apprehension or evoke the bloodthirsty hunter, depending where the death notes falls. The new mode will be introduced to Respawn's futuristic shooter in its upcoming June title update, which also consists of Titan customization and Titan burn cards. The update will arrive in the coming weeks for Xbox One and Windows PC, co-founder of Respawn Entertainment Vince Zampella told Polygon. The Xbox 360 version will follow shortly after, with Zampella reiterating that updates for the Xbox 360 port will see a delayed release to due Bluepoint Games' efforts to integrate the patches.

Not surprised the new game mode doesn't feature any interesting use of Titans or Parkour again. So it's just VIP from Halo 3? Why not make the VIP stay in a Titan or something to make it a bit different?

No balance patches or performance updates either.

We don't even have achievements on PC so that's a weird announcement.

Didn't see any decals either even after announcing them.

Or even a release date for the update?

Auto Titans using smoke is cool though, I'll give them that.

Finally team shuffling! Let's see if that helps matchmaking.

The patch notes haven't been detailed yet, so we'll see. However, I doubt that we'll get a performance update or balancing to the R101C or Satchel Charge.

Jito

Banned
Not gonna lie, those Titan Burn Cards sound annoying and OP as fuck

Who on earth asked for an auto 40 mm cannon, sounds OP as hell. I was really hoping they'd announce a playlist with no burn cards really to play some level playing field matches. Players getting early titan drops still tend to steam roll the rest of the game. Imagine doing it with a burn card titan weapon now. LTS is basically fucked as a game mode now and probably that 2 v 2 one even more.

Who on earth asked for an auto 40 mm cannon, sounds OP as hell. I was really hoping they'd announce a playlist with no burn cards really to play some level playing field matches. Players getting early titan drops still tend to steam roll the rest of the game. Imagine doing it with a burn card titan weapon now. LTS is basically fucked as a game mode now and probably that 2 v 2 one even more.

I think this is on the level of 80's action movie overkill so it is bad assery.

Tawpgun

I'm more worried about the quad rocket spewing cluster missles and the triple threat grenades BEING MAGNETIC.

Jesus just load up a titan burn card and fucking STEAMROLL

Jito

Banned
Next update we'll see Titan satchel charges that blow up Titans in one hit and wipe out large sections of the map. Totally balanced btw.

Depends on clip sizes and such, and I highly doubt they'll be on a timer.

If these are based on new challenges, it might not be too bad in saturation. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Amped weapons replaced Nuclear Ejection and Super Charged for their respective Titan Killer challenges.

Nice that vortex shield is able to be useful now solo in comparison to the original.

Where can I find the e3 titanfall info?

Everything thus far is directly given or linked to on the previous page. Might be some more stuff later, and they said we should see the actual patch notes in their pre-E3 announcement (might have changed though given the more 'closer to release' blurb).

Amped Triple Threat looks ... interesting.

By interesting you mean useful?
:p

On a side note, been hearing about a lot of server/performance issues the past day or so on PC. Wonder what's going on there.

Edit: Here's a video featuring Abbie Heppe that goes over what they're showing off at E3. Shows the new Burn Cards and some snippets of Marked for Death. Also can see the little VO avatar at the 1:39-1:40 mark. Sadly, no decal or Wingman LTS footage, nor any real footage of Titan Burn Cards in action. Other potentially bad news is that the June Title Update is being quoted as 'summer' release and that the patch notes won't be available until the patch is live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX4MzQ5UUIg&feature=youtu.be

Tawpgun

Everything thus far is directly given or linked to on the previous page. Might be some more stuff later, and they said we should see the actual patch notes in their pre-E3 announcement (might have changed though given the more 'closer to release' blurb).

By interesting you mean useful?
:p

On a side note, been hearing about a lot of server/performance issues the past day or so on PC. Wonder what's going on there.

Edit: Here's a video featuring Abbie Heppe that goes over what they're showing off at E3. Shows the new Burn Cards and some snippets of Marked for Death. Also can see the little VO avatar at the 1:39-1:40 mark. Sadly, no decal or Wingman LTS footage, nor any real footage of Titan Burn Cards in action. Other potentially bad news is that the June Title Update is being quoted as 'summer' release and that the patch notes won't be available until the patch is live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX4MzQ5UUIg&feature=youtu.be

Triple threat is one of the most powerful titan guns

The Cowboy

Not gonna lie, those Titan Burn Cards sound annoying and OP as fuck
Agreed, it looks like they've gone way over the top with them (and not by a little bit, by quite a lot), i like the timer addition to them E92 M3 stated to make them a short burst thing, but if they keep them until death like standard cards then i can see these ruining things big time.

Bydobob

So I finally decide I am going to play again after a long absence and I get a connection error code 400. Seems I've not been the only one today either.

Fix this poo, as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom