• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Birdo

Banned
Even if you don't follow sports, how can you be on the Internet and nowtknow who Kobe Bryant is... He's basically the Michael Jordan of the 2000's

I only know Michael Jordan through Space Jam. I didn't even know he was a real basketball player until years later.

I don't follow sports at all. Not even in my own country.

Grinchy

Banned
God damn, this is pretty unexpected. I guess we'll find out soon wtf happened with the helicopter and why it crashed.

Damn. He seemed to care a lot for his community and used his fame and wealth to do good :( poor family. Even though I don’t follow basketball I know how big this is. RIP

SpiceRacz

Eh I didn't personally like him. But there was more to it than just "being put on trial". Maybe you should look up what happened and judge his character for yourself instead of getting mad at me for not being sad because someone you liked died. But whatever I said I was gonna bounce.

I don't think anyone is bothered you don't care. It's that you brought up the sexual assault stuff in this thread. There's a time and place for that discussion. Not right now though.

Romulus

Fuck helicopters. I know people swear by them but my time in them, they just don't make as much sense. If something goes wrong in a plane, you can maybe glide to a landing, with a helicopter you just fucking fall out of the sky.

RIP Kobe. I remember switching over to his first televised game after playing Atari Jag AvP with my bro. Afro Kobe. His fearlessness inspired me. Dude was 18 coming right AT the NBA's best for blood. I went outside and afterwards and practiced my turnaround jumper. I played junior college ball and Kobe was always an inspiration.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Was it a woman pilot?

Lets see if other places change the tune about him?

I also want to see how many people on RE take the side and sympathize for a known sexual predator, habitual cheater, and rapist. :messenger_weary:

Also EAT ThE RiCh !!!!11!!1 Right guys!?!?!?!?!?!? FuCK tHe WeaLtHy@!@@121@!@!!

Yeah I don't have sympathy for people who rape. Sorry. He was a good ball player and im sorry for your loss.

Wait, wait WAIT! Number 8 was the rapist. Not number 24

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned
giphy.webp
This was on Dec 21, 2019
RIP

Last edited:

TheMan

good god, feels surreal. Still remember the excitement this guy generated as a rookie, had an excellent career. Seemed like a good guy too. Just goes to show you that life can be gone in an instant.

MastAndo

Damn, I'm legitimately gutted, particularly now with the news that his young daughter was also on board. Just an absolute legend of the game and the fiercest of competitors the likes of which the league is sorely missing nowadays.

...and just poked my head into that thread the other day about being affected by a celebrity death, and I couldn't really think of one at the time, but yeah, this one is going to sting for a while.

Ornlu

Banned
You think you'd have parachutes are something in there in case of an emergency.

RIP.

Helicopters are usually flying way too low for parachutes to matter; also when they are gonna crash, they crash almost instantly.

That was the first rumor

then it changed to his daughters which other sources are denying

lets wait for official word, this is getting crazy
How damn hard can it be to confirm whether his daughters were on board or not? This makes no sense. Sometimes I feel "journalism" in general is useless.
they seriously lose their minds over this shit. and its usually bc they want to be the first with the scoop.
Always smart to wait a few hours. News today is nothing but a game of telephone.
Jesus christ, the new is barely an hour old. Hold the fuck up.

The news remains shitty; 100%. Too eager to jump on rumors and sketchy sources.

TMZ is highly credible with things like this.

Crazy world, isn't it? TMZ is more trustworthy than most of the MSM.

I don't know who this guy is. But I will always repeat my life mantra: "Never get in a fucking helicopter".

Amen!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
RIP to a goddamn legend. I don't even pay much attention to basketball, but I knew about Kobe. Terrible way to go out.

Atrus

Gold Member
I only just caught this news and had to pause my life to check if this was a joke. Way too soon for a legend like Kobe to be leaving this earth, way too soon. Went out just like Colin McRae :messenger_pensive:.

Respect and thoughts to his family and the others on the helicopter.

Old Retro

I was watching figure skating when I heard the news. Quite surreal. I've seen some all time greats play, and I had plenty of chances to see him play in person and I was always sore I never did. He had a lot of life to live.
:pie_disappointed:

Top Bottom