• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's the hamburger that pushes it over the top. Up until then it's pretty normal for sentai.

(Anyone else having problems with TokuGAF 2015? Something on this page is just killing Chrome for some reason.)

It's the Gifs. Overloading everything.
This should be Page 2 if you use 50PP.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
BL2uTjw.jpg

GET YOUR POWER RANGER FIGURES EARLY

BatDan

Maybe Bandai is doing a worldwide thing this time?
I've only seen those figures in Red, Blue and Yellow. No White or Pink.

Just weird that they're doing the "Powerful Rangers" thing already,

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Maybe they want to give the kids fun toys this time because those vinyl figures, while not on PEDs, can only move their arms one way.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Dino Charger isn't even finished airing halfway through!

Also hambunger reminds me of Kakuranger.

The lack of garo recomendatons in the op disturbs me. I hope this years second outing of doughguy ryuga is good, or atleast has good fight scenes because as bad as yamitera was the out of suit fight scenes were pretty boss.

alvmew

Love StarNinja, hate the burger. Can't wait to see it all in show regardless.

And as for Drive, looks like his final form is
Type Tridoron
. Not crazy about the name, but the gimmick sounds fun.

jwk94

So I started watching Suite Precure (because you can never have too much transforming warriors fighting evil) and this show is pretty good. I was surprised that there are so many seasons. Has there ever been a crossover or a Decade/Gokai like season?

Tiu Neo

The sixth Ninninger is a "homage" to Jiraiya? FUCK YEAH. Don't even care if the hamburguer looks silly, Kakuranger's silliness only made it more special, could be the case here too.

I'll probably finish Kakuranger today, only two episodes remaining. I think next I'll watch Dekaranger (did anyone that's not TV-N sub it?) and probably catch up with Kamen Rider Drive.

BatDan

The sixth Ninninger is a "homage" to Jiraiya? FUCK YEAH. Don't even care if the hamburguer looks silly, Kakuranger's silliness only made it more special, could be the case here too.

I'll probably finish Kakuranger today, only two episodes remaining. I think next I'll watch Dekaranger (did anyone that's not TV-N sub it?) and probably catch up with Kamen Rider Drive.

OT did the first 3 episodes only... they said they're going to do more but it's been a loooong time.
Sadly, TV-Nihon is the only one to complete the series... probably want to hold off

Slayven

I was wondering why you guys were talking abotu hamburgers. Shit is not even out and it already styling on Toqer

DarkWish

The more I see the Ninninger toys, the more I start to want them. I'm still not a fan of the helmet designs for the suits, but all the mecha and role-play items are so unique and hilariously awesome.

Tiu Neo

OT did the first 3 episodes only... they said they're going to do more but it's been a loooong time.
Sadly, TV-Nihon is the only one to complete the series... probably want to hold off

Hmm... A lot of people recomended Deka to me so... Not good, but since no one else is currently subbing it, TV-Nihon it is. *sigh* It can't be worse than their Shinkenger, can it?

At least their videos play on the Xbox One, so I can see it on my TV.

EDIT: Finished Kakuranger. I liked the silliness on it, and the season structure being different from modern sentai was pretty refreshing. It didn't really have a big epic ending like most sentai, but the middle of the series had a lot of moments like that, to compensate. Great series, hope them all return for Ninninger's movie. If there is something I didn't like that much, is that Seikai and Saizou were, like Boi and Dan on Zyu, could be only one character. I feel more could be made with them both. Tsuruhime being the leader (even if Sasuke stole the limelight quite a few times) was cool, too. Also, Jiraiya is the best.

BatDan

Rewatching the Dino Charge premiere, now in HD.
Still a lot of fun. I just wish they would get someone else to do the music...

Also:
Tyler pulls out banana
Baron
Tyler pulls out boxer shorts
OOO
Tyler pulls out shovel
Fourze
Tyler pulls out car keys
Drive

Conclusion: Tyler is a Kamen Rider on the side.

Corgi

Banned

Also:
Tyler pulls out banana
Baron
OOO
Tyler pulls out shovel
Fourze
Tyler pulls out car keys
Drive

bah, i remember they said they were thinking about adapting the shinkenger x decade crossover. Curious how that would have worked out.

vareon

Also:
Tyler pulls out banana
Baron
OOO
Tyler pulls out shovel
Fourze
Tyler pulls out car keys
Drive

This is as good as this one:

KR_Number_Theme.png

BatDan

bah, i remember they said they were thinking about adapting the shinkenger x decade crossover. Curious how that would have worked out.

That would have been weird, especially since Decade was an anniversary season and they couldn't exactly showcase a series that failed in the 90s.

Also, I get the feeling my joke theory will be taken seriously by the "KR Wizard in Power Rangers" people. It's not happening!
Though, going through Wizard now, I feel Judd Lynn could actually make a good story from him. At least one that's better than what Japan got.

WillyFive

This is as good as this one:

KR_Number_Theme.png

Nah, at least the toy gimmicks have a clear numerical order to them, almost to the point of it being nonsense just to make it fit with the numbering scheme (like having locks in a fruit themed season, and having the cars flip around like that for no reason).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It was definitely there through W through Fourze, but official word is that it was more or less unintentional and it's a stretch to fit it with Wizard and onward...

Tiu Neo

Dekaranger is good. Really good. I'm only at the third episode, but already like it a lot. No characters I dislike right now, and Doggie looks awesome. It kinda reminds me of Metal Heroes, for some reason. Must be the Space Police theme, or maybe it's the narrator, dunno.

Drive... I'm on Episode 5, had to force myself to stop or I would watch everything today! It's my first Kamen Rider since Black and RX back when they aired here on Brazil, so I don't know how different it is from modern Kamen Rider, save for that ToQ/Rider crossover episode.

Corgi

Banned
caught up with Garo anime. The suit fights are getting better and better.

I guess the biggest problem i have with the series is that its just too predictable. Scrub villagers/civilians are guaranteed to die so why even bother trying to make it seem emotional.

But we got some atatatatata action so who cares!

http://a.pomf.se/ukqvrr.webm

BatDan

Kamen Rider Wizard (complete)

Shabadoobie god this was stupid.
When the series wasn't being immensely BORING, characters were just outright idiots.
The action wasn't really that interesting, and there was way too much reliance on CGI.
The humor at times felt like I was watching Nickelodeon at its worst.

It's a shame since I love the costume designs. Wizard's various designs are great, and Beast looked good too (though I felt Beast Hyper was derivative of Meteor Storm). The whole season was really a lot of wasted potential.
Then there's the Heisei Rider crossover. ... What the hell was that? At least it wasn't boring.
Got Wizard out of the way so I don't have to see it again.

Now.. GAIM!

shaowebb

Ah yeah, fresh new thread!

Now who else here wants to speculate what sort of game the next Rider game will be like?
Another NFC device thing like Summon Ride? A sequel to it? More Battride War? A return to Climax Heroes fighting games?

They usually get more than one type of game out a year so I'm eager to see the next! Especially since Summonride seems a let down from general consensus so far...

WillyFive

With the launch of ShoutFactoryTV, wouldn't it be cool if we started getting Zyuranger and future Sentai releases there as well?

Ah yeah, fresh new thread!

Now who else here wants to speculate what sort of game the next Rider game will be like?
Another NFC device thing like Summon Ride? A sequel to it? More Battride War? A return to Climax Heroes fighting games?

They usually get more than one type of game out a year so I'm eager to see the next! Especially since Summonride seems a let down from general consensus so far...

No idea. Seems they dropped Climax Heroes for Battride, but with Battride 2 being such a tiny upgrade over the original and Bandai haphazardly shoe-horning Kamen Rider into an NFC game that looks like it had nothing to do with Kamen Rider, it seems they are still totally undecided on what to do next.

I'm surprised that they haven't just given up and went straight to doing iOS and Android games yet like other licensed games.

Top Bottom