• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

jwk94

the problem with toq 46 is that it doesn't leave you with a "oh shit, they can't possibly get out of this!" feeling. Hell, they couldn't even do the "the rest of the team is coming to save Red before he kills himself" bit like Timeranger/Force did (superbly might I add). This season was such a let down....I want those villain suits to be in PR though. Skip TOQ but bring the villains along for the ride.

javadoze

the problem with toq 46 is that it doesn't leave you with a "oh shit, they can't possibly get out of this!" feeling. Hell, they couldn't even do the "the rest of the team is coming to save Red before he kills himself" bit like Timeranger/Force did (superbly might I add). This season was such a let down....I want those villain suits to be in PR though. Skip TOQ but bring the villains along for the ride.

I might see ToQger working as a videogame-themed Power Rangers series (would really help excuse the weirdness of the line-shifting and team bazooka).

EDIT: Ninninger toy videos are out.

NIN! NIN! NIN!

Pluto

Here's something that looks like a big fat spoiler for the ToQger finale, it's
ToQ Zet

I love the suit, even if it's just a repainted ToQ #6 helmet, we need more purple rangers.

I hope it's true, looks too good to be a fake but I'm never sure about things like that.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Gonna have the ninnnin henshin sound in my head for weeks.

This time we're going to get the mech and the henshin device at the start of the season so we can play along.

Sentai always starts around my son's birthday but it's always after so up until now he's always gotten Rider stuff, but this year we decided to wait a week and get ninnin stuff.

vareon

I might see ToQger working as a videogame-themed Power Rangers series (would really help excuse the weirdness of the line-shifting and team bazooka).

EDIT: Ninninger toy videos are out.

NIN! NIN! NIN!

Oh, wonderful. This is a continuation of ToQger's concept where the mech parts can also be used for another toy. Bandai really makes good toys.

Corgi

Banned
Gonna have the ninnnin henshin sound in my head for weeks.

This time we're going to get the mech and the henshin device at the start of the season so we can play along.

Sentai always starts around my son's birthday but it's always after so up until now he's always gotten Rider stuff, but this year we decided to wait a week and get ninnin stuff.

how many more years before you run out of room in your dinky japanese apartment/house for toku toys?

Defuser

ToQ Zet

http://www.heroshock.com/?p=16525

I love the suit, even if it's just a repainted ToQ #6 helmet, we need more purple rangers.

I hope it's true, looks too good to be a fake but I'm never sure about things like that.

Just a thought, did the mystery of ToQ 0 on the train's dashboard ever solved? I was wondering about it when I watched ep 46.

Tiu Neo

ToQ Zet

http://www.heroshock.com/?p=16525

Hmmm...
I always hoped Zed/Zet would turn good sometimes, but the last episodes kinda crushed this hope. The preview for 47 also had a scene with Zed smiling in a not-so-evil way, so...

EDIT: Ah, that roll call has a similar background to the roll call on the next episode preview, got confused with that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Just a thought, did the mystery of ToQ 0 on the train's dashboard ever solved? I was wondering about it when I watched ep 46.

I dont think so. There were a few more designations as well that werent used.

WarRock

Someone just sent me this without any context.

10959419_10152674245326938_7630784625295836247_n.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How are the Super Hero Taisen movies? I know one of them completely derails the Gokaigers and that sounds like a bad sign.

NeonZ

How are the Super Hero Taisen movies? I know one of them completely derails the Gokaigers and that sounds like a bad sign.

It's just Gokaired. The Gokaiger's plot in Go-Busters vs Gokaiger is basically the same one from SHT, just with the entire team in it.

Anyway, SHT is decent if you like Decade and the Gokaiger, or just action scenes with many different heroes. The movie constantly jumps between many characters and casts, including OOO, Fourze and the Go-Busters, but they quickly disappear after their act is over, only returning in the final battle. The final battle gives many small scenes for various heroes, but it also leaves many out, only showing them in group shots. The battles themselves suffer from Kaneda directing them sometimes, like how the Gokaiger at one point of the movie get new transformations, but go straight to their bazooka finisher rather than doing anything in the new forms. It also reused a plot device from All Riders vs Dai-Shocker, making the movie feel repetitive in some points. The movie also really loves making parallel scenes for the Sentai and Rider for no reason at all (So, you get the "Dai-Zangyack" attacking Fourze in the beginning just to get a similar scene with "Dai-Shocker" attacking the Busters right afterwards).

SHTZ has a more focused story and cast, but the cast itself is fairly mediocre (Wizard is the only Rider series that's more than a cameo, then you've got Gokaisilver, the Busters and the Kyoryuger but only in the final battle, also the 3 new Space Sheriffs, with the old Gavan now a bureaucrat type, which is a waste of his actor...). Other heroes only make cameos at the end and don't even really get any fighting scenes aside from Fourze. Also, the final battle is completely dominated by Wizard and the Kyoryuger, even though the Kyoryuger only have one scene before the final battle and Wizard disappears during half of the movie...

Rider Taisen is obviously more Rider focused, and you actually get fighting scenes for many past Riders, even ones without actors. They're also generally better due to the new director. It also brings back many old actors, unlike the other Taisen movies. However, it reuses some of Super Hero Taisen/All Riders vs Dai-Shocker's plot devices yet again, and the way the movie handles the main ideological conflict between old and new Riders is rather uneven. The conclusion and final battle especially really should have been longer. KyoryuRed and Toqger have a final battle cameo, but that's it. There's no Sentai in the movie otherwise.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Over/under on Tachibana getting tricked into helping the villains and being extremely obtuse about it?

Dude did that like every other episode in Blade. He was worse than Kusaka and Mitchy lol.

javadoze

Pretty much skip everything except the first half of Kamen Rider Taisen, which is mostly a glorified X/Faiz/Decade/Double Returns special at that point.

WarRock

Rider Taisen is decent enough to watch at least once, specially with all the Faiz stuff.

Plus Fujioka.
I wanted more interactions between him and Shotaro, damn it.

WarRock

What could even be Gaim Final Ride? Everything was done in the show already - fruit salad, juice, giant mech weapon.

NeonZ

I just realized that there were pictures from the new SHT GP trailer, but no link to the trailer itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_IePBJ1_Ik

After Rider 1 and 2 are defeated by 3, there's a new timeline where Shocker rules the world. However, differently from Let's Go Kamen Riders, the Riders still exist in this timeline, some fighting for Shocker, like Drive, Rider 3 and Blade's crew while others fight against Shocker.

javadoze

I just realized that there were pictures from the new SHT GP trailer, but no link to the trailer itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_IePBJ1_Ik

After Rider 1 and 2 are defeated by 3, there's a new timeline where Shocker rules the world. However, differently from Let's Go Kamen Riders, the Riders still exist in this timeline, some fighting for Shocker, like Drive, Rider 3 and Blade's crew while others fight against Shocker.

Tetsuo Kurata really brought the ham in this trailer.

vareon

There are men in really bright suits fighting each other, so that's kinda fun I guess.

Actually the movies where Tsuakasa/Decade is in are fun, because he's past his trainwreck of a season and now just dicking around with the returning actors, which is what his series should be.

There are men in really bright suits fighting each other, so that's kinda fun I guess.

Actually the movies where Tsuakasa/Decade is in are fun, because he's past his trainwreck of a season and now just dicking around with the returning actors, which is what his series should be.

Actually, that is true. Decade is a ton of fun because he clearly doesn't give a shit. "Oh, the world's going to end? It's always going to end." *shrug*

javadoze

Actually, that is true. Decade is a ton of fun because he clearly doesn't give a shit. "Oh, the world's going to end? It's always going to end." *shrug*

His character is what makes his show and his role in movies so fun. He's like a self-aware jerk who clearly knows he's in a dumb crossover and makes the most of it.

That said, Kamen Rider Taisen is a pretty good Decade episode.

Top Bottom