• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Kamen Rider Ghost 1
Overall, enjoyed the episode a lot more than I expect, but it did feel rushed in some places. I can not wait to watch the rest of the series now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 32

GEKIATSU DAI-OH! I'm reminded of Kakuranger and how they got a completely new Megazord around this point in the series.
CGI was pretty dire, even by Toei standards.
No idea where the story is going to head now.

Kamen Rider G-G-G-GHOST 1

New Rider time!
Alright premiere. I don't mind Takeru at the moment, I get that he was scared since all this was insane and new, and he just died
Loving the Driver voice, and the costumes, and the enemy designs. They bleed too!
I look forward to seeing more.

Let's go, kakugo, go-go-go-Ghosto! - 01

-Pacing was kind of crazy here, I wasn't expecting Takeru to beat both Ganma and gain a new form form all in Ep 1
-Yurusen reminds me of a female Ankh and I love it
-OST shows a lot of promise, I'm already noticing a nice leitmotif on the villain side

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 32

Cool episode.
They are their own Ninja Allies now!

Ghost 01

Nice first episode, but kinda rushed.

At the first glance, I like the supporting cast. The sage is awesome. Even the eye-mascot thing isn't too annoying, for now.

The monster designs are cool, and we even have enemy foot soldiers! Ghost's suit is miles better than any of Drive's forms.

We also have Mr. Smile and Z Jr. as villains, apparently.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger 32

Loving the new mech, though I am wondering where the story is heading. I a sneaky feeling that little Foxy woxy is going to get kicked out of the evil team.

Ghost 1

Took a little while to get used to the fact I am not watching Drive, but the episode felt rushed in places and suffers from introducing to many characters.

But eh it's the first episode so I cut it some slack and fully judge the show around episode 13.

javadoze

Ghost 1

-This episode was a bit of a... surprise drive... in terms of its pacing. Never a dull moment. But at the same time, it felt like the show was getting its premise out as fast as possible to its own detriment and not having time to breathe. On the offside, I'd prefer the frantic pacing of this episode to a drawn-out 2-parter.

-The show nails its comedy pretty well and thankfully has much of it attributed to the writing instead of the directing/editing going overboard (like with Drive). The Hermit and Yurusen were standouts in this regard.

-The Ganma are nicely designed and I like the black blood/ink that they spew during fights.

Pretty strong premiere overall. Since the show got all of its introductory stuff out of the way (and doesn't seem to be adhering to the 2-parter format), I'm wondering how it'll proceed from here on out.

Tiu Neo

Oh, yes, Ghost not using 2 part episodes for no reason at all would be good. That was one of the things that dragged early Drive down, for me.

Ninninger 32

Why did I think of this when they finally figure out how to get their new mech working?
tumblr_inline_nt42e5lB791spygnq_500.gif

Ghost 1

Spoooky.

Naw, I liked it, a good fast start. I hope it keeps up a nice brisk pace and we don't have a Drive issue.

javadoze

Mech-replacing Sentai Ninninger 32

-Kyuuemon's putting out all the flags today. Though it can be said they're either hinting at
Kyuuemon joining, or becoming the final villain.
Do any of the Kibaoni Corps generals even care about reviving Kibaoni at this point?

-The return of Tetsunosuke was kinda interesting (seeing how he seemed like a one-off character).

-The idea of the team
pursuing a different path than Yoshitaka and attaining different powers
is a neat idea of tackling the LastNinja plot.

-The team
creating their own mechs and infusing them with their own spirits is admittedly the only interesting part of Gekiatsu Dai-Oh (well, that, and the fact they're on a rotating platform similar to what the Ryotaro's Imagins used for Liner Form in Den-O).

-I feel like another episode of Shinobimaru sulking around is needed.

tumblr_no876x6M6s1qao9loo1_500.png

ReiGun

Mech-replacing Sentai Ninninger 32

-Kyuuemon's putting out all the flags today. Though it can be said they're either hinting at
Kyuuemon joining, or becoming the final villain.
Do any of the Kibaoni Corps generals even care about reviving Kibaoni at this point?
]

I mean, shit, his girl uses all the fear they gather for beauty treatments. I think it's safe to say they don't give a damn about ol boy at the moment.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Ghost Driver's voice is a well-known singer (did part of People with no name), so I hope they go the OOO's route and he sings the insert songs.

WillyFive

The theme song for Ghost is a lot better than the one for Drive, and it had a better first episode too (although a bit cramped, they sure had to show as many toys as possible, didn't they?).

yami4ct

When does the SH Figuart for Ghost come out?

I think the real question is where the hell is Drive Type Tridoron? Earlier this year, I was expecting a December/January release, but now we've seen through February with no sign. Kiwami was already out by this time for Gaim. Hopefully this doesn't mean it gets stuck as a Tamashii Webshop.

Faiz

Finishing up Gaim today. Watched 44 on the way in to work.
that heel turn!
not that it wasn't telegraphed but still felt heavier than I expected it to.

Faiz

What a ride. Easily in my top 3 Rider shows; and it probably would have made #1 if they hadn't gone overboard on a few elements. On story alone, though.. Yeah I think it takes the prize. Absolutely blown away, especially those last 10-12 episodes.

jonjonaug

What a ride. Easily in my top 3 Rider shows; and it probably would have made #1 if they hadn't gone overboard on a few elements. On story alone, though.. Yeah I think it takes the prize. Absolutely blown away, especially those last 10-12 episodes.

Gaim's writing and acting is some of the best in the franchise. If the direction always matched the script, the music direction was better (the soundtrack is great but a few tracks get reused too much in the first half), and the budget didn't hit rock bottom in the last quarter I think it would be hard not to call it straight up the best Kamen Rider show.

And it's about fruits, of all things.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought it had some bumps but yeah it was really great.

And yeah even ToQger was consistent with their villains, here it's just Kyuuemon doing shit and it turns out it was for his own gain, who'd have thought.

WillyFive

Gaim is objectively the best Rider show in all counts. I only like shows like Den-O and Fourze more because I personally liked the premise and a lot of the characters more; but I could never bring myself to argue that the story, character development, direction, writing, acting, and overall production wasn't superior in Gaim. The show was so good, that it didn't even need Sakamoto to make interesting fights, because the fights became interesting because the story and context of said fight was interesting.

That's not the most hype song from Gaim. Ranbu Escalation, son. The MV is dogshit though.

Yeah, I can't remember 'Raise Your Flag' at all; but Ranbu made a lot of the biggest moments of the show a lot more epic.

Watch Da Birdie

How can you not remember the opening "EI EI O! EI EI O! EI EI O! RAISE UP YOUR FLAG!!!!"?

NeonZ

How can you not remember the opening "EI EI O! EI EI O! EI EI O! RAISE UP YOUR FLAG!!!!"?

I think Raise Up you Flag only plays once in the standard episodes. So, if you skip the crossovers (Toqger special, Kikaider) and the movie tie in, it has very little presence.

Tiu Neo

I'm on episode 41, and the only thing I can say I don't like that much on Gaim, compared to other series, is the supporting cast. Dunno if it'll get better, but from the non-riders, the cafeteria boss is the only character I can say I like. Mai is... eh. From the Riders, the only one I kinda dislike is Micchi, and
that's probably what the writer wanted, anyway.
Kouta's childish way was cool on the beginning of the series, but it's kinda irritating now. I liked Kabuto, Drive and Kiva casts a lot more.

The story is pretty good, up to now.

Watch Da Birdie

It's disappointing how little Team Gaim did. Even when they return a bit towards the end they're quickly back to having no impact.

R.I.P. Yuuya. :(

WarRock

I'm on episode 41, and the only thing I can say I don't like that much on Gaim, compared to other series, is the supporting cast. Dunno if it'll get better, but from the non-riders, the cafeteria boss is the only character I can say I like. Mai is... eh. From the Riders, the only one I kinda dislike is Micchi, and
that's probably what the writer wanted, anyway.
Kouta's childish way was cool on the beginning of the series, but it's kinda irritating now. I liked Kabuto, Drive and Kiva casts a lot more.

The story is pretty good, up to now.
His waitress was such a tease )=

Top Bottom