• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

NeonZ

More information about Super Movie Wars Genesis.

http://www.ladyeve.net/archives/011886

It'll be a single story, no split parts, unlike previous Movie Wars. The director is Osamu Kaneda (SHT, SHTZ, New Gavan, Gaim summer movie) and the writer is Makoto Hayashi, who has never written for tokusatsu before. He has experience in tv dramas though.

Chase's actor is confirmed to be in the movie too, no information about his role though.

shaowebb

My God the opening and ending themes to Gobusters are catchy...

Things are going well for me on this series. Also aerials...noticing that no handed cartwheels are a major part of most sentai fights. Just a ton of em.

WillyFive

Ninnin new zords

Yuck at the return of CG combination sequences. Got a bit of a flashback to the MMPR Movie zords with the tiny animal rock statues.

Dino Charge latino bromance

Continues to be a good show; it's not as good with the hype or drama of the Kyoryuger version but the humor and new storylines that replaces it are still great.

Ghost Writer #1

Very light first episode; but I shouldn't be surprised to see the creative team try to water down what is an otherwise very dramatically dark premise. Fights are still boring, we need new blood in the action team.

WarRock

Ninnin 25-27
Fuuka got called yume nadeshiko by Dracula? Oh wow.

Recap episode had an interesting setup, not sure about the execution... But seeing Takaharu do the Ultraman flying/transforming scene was great!

Why does this keep happening.
Seriously :|

My God the opening and ending themes to Gobusters are catchy...

Things are going well for me on this series. Also aerials...noticing that no handed cartwheels are a major part of most sentai fights. Just a ton of em.
I miss pulling no hands cartwheels )=

javadoze

It'll be a single story, no split parts, unlike previous Movie Wars. The director is Osamu Kaneda (SHT, SHTZ, New Gavan, Gaim summer movie) and the writer is Makoto Hayashi, who has never written for tokusatsu before. He has experience in tv dramas though.

Chase's actor is confirmed to be in the movie too, no information about his role though.

Seeing that the entire movie is going to be a crossover is pretty sweet. The strongest part about Drive/Gaim was easily when the two lead riders got to interact with each other and team up. Just having more of that here is nice to see.
...Now say Foundation X is returning and set me free...

Does somebody know where I can find a high resolution version of the Ghost promo poster. The only one I've been able to find is of terrible quality so I figured I'd ask you guys for assistance in this matter.

Dino Charge 13 (AKA Power Rangers Episode 800)

That was pretty good.
Enjoyed the rivalry between Tyler and Ivan, even if the resolution was a bit rushed. But they've got good chemistry going.

They were going to either deal with that somehow or not at all. At least we're past it and Sheler/Tyby are back on track.

vareon

I wonder how much influence does a writer have in SHT movies.

"Okay you're going to write the Drive/Ghost movie."
"Cool, I have some ideas involving them that sounds awesome."
"By the way you also need to include this year's Sentai, also there would be 4 returning actors so you need to put them in somehow. We'll have three new forms for the riders, and I think it's time to revive one of the old villains."
"....okay."
"And it's 90 minutes long."

The way Urobuchi worked around the shits he's burdened with was remarkable.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Overtime posted the raw of Ghost, guess that means they might be subbing it? I mean I didn't doubt they were, but I remember there being some ambiguity to it.

WarRock

Badass O=

Ninnin 28-30
Nagi and Fuuka just kidnapped an entire bus of school children with dancing. Eh... Hayabusa was cool!

And it seems the plot is finally becoming interesting. I'm guessing if Uncle doesn't become a Ninninger in the show, he will in some movie.

Watching those episodes back to back, I can easily say they that 29 and 30 are the best ones yet. Kind of the turning point for the show.

NeonZ

I wonder how much influence does a writer have in SHT movies.

"Okay you're going to write the Drive/Ghost movie."
"Cool, I have some ideas involving them that sounds awesome."
"By the way you also need to include this year's Sentai, also there would be 4 returning actors so you need to put them in somehow. We'll have three new forms for the riders, and I think it's time to revive one of the old villains."
"....okay."
"And it's 90 minutes long."

The way Urobuchi worked around the shits he's burdened with was remarkable.

It seems like a few writers put up with the merchandising stuff for the show, but then want nothing to do with the movies. Urobuchi and Kida (Wizard) wrote none of the movies related to their series.

jonjonaug

It seems like a few writers put up with the merchandising stuff for the show, but then want nothing to do with the movies. Urobuchi and Kida (Wizard) wrote none of the movies related to their series.

Urobuchi's friend and coworker Jin Haganeya wrote a lot of the movie stuff for Gaim and also wrote a good chunk of the second half of the show. He's credited on eight episodes with Urobuchi plus episode 47, judging from his tweets he wrote the majority of some of those (the episode where Baron "trains" Jonouchi has his fingerprints all over it, along with a good deal of Baron's scenes in the rest of the series after that). On top of the Summer movie, Haganeya also wrote half of the Gaidens and the Gaim half of the Gaim/Drive film.

Haganeya's involvement and NiΘ's monster designs are why I'd call Gaim the "Nitroplus Rider" instead of just the "Urobuchi Rider".

Slayven

Wait was the fact that the original OOOs was a crazy bastard that conquered Europe and singlehandedly sunk the Spanish Armada covered in the show?

Watch Da Birdie

Ooooh! Masahiro gave me a like on Miiverse!

Wait was the fact that the original OOOs was a crazy bastard that conquered Europe and singlehandedly sunk the Spanish Armada covered in the show?

Yeah, I think one of the OOO novels also has Eiji return to Africa and fucks up both sides of the war there. And then one of them has some backstory about Ankh poking out someone's eyes and giving them to a blind kid?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It was bound to happen. After that incident with medina and talking about hurting the brand, and the fact that he acts like hes still tommy, his shining knight act is starting to fade

A couple months ago I attended Wizard World Chicago. I didn't see him personally, but JDF was all over the damn place. Vendors were even selling Green and White Ranger items at inflated prices with the possibility that someone will buy it to have him sign it.

My mom heard an interview with him on the radio, he was bragging that he was just as big as Batman and Spider-Man and just talking and talking about how great he is. Even the radio hosts were mocking him.

The man has an overinflated ego that needs a serious reality check. I mean, when he's going on about wanting to play Tommy in the upcoming movie, you know he has problems.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Was his fight night career that bad that he ended back going here? Did his dojo just die post-PR?

WarRock

Yeah, it was infodumped sometime during the last half. The show even has some flashbacks with TaToBa exploding some castles.

Watch Da Birdie

Even with the subs this episode felt rushed as fuck. Guess they really wanna burn through the initial "15 Eyecons!" plot.

I found it cute enough though thanks to Yurusen and Gramps. Not really sold on Takeru yet, and his friends' schitch seems like it might get old fast.

ahdurian

Ghost 1
Episode felt rushed, but all-in-all it at least got me interested in how everything will turn out
Main character kinda reminded me of Kiva/Den-O (at least in the 10 episodes I've gotten through Den-O so far)
MotW for these week had nice designs

NinNin 32
Oh god I fell in love with Kasumi more because of Pandamaru. Kasumi is my spirit animal.
also what kind of name is Gekitatsu Dai-oh...the heck...just the name alone kinda annoys me
Also, what's happening to the rest of the Ninja Allies? Shinobimaru, Rodeomaru and all of them...are they just going to be obsolete the rest of the season because of the new ones? I hope not. I love Rodeomaru
also interesting that
the End Shuriken is with the Gramps the whole time. i wonder if it'll be taken away from him by the Yokai or if he'll give it to the team in the end

Watch Da Birdie

I thought the MOTW were pretty personable and fun too...someone pointed out right after Takeru transforms, one of the Ganma in the background is fiddling with his belt and trying to copy him. :p

Even with the subs this episode felt rushed as fuck. Guess they really wanna burn through the initial "15 Eyecons!" plot.

I don't know about that. At a minimum this has to get us to a form of some sort. I'd guess we get to the early 20's for the wish and for something to alter that into his final form around the early 30's. Or just between 29-35 for the wish for his final form. The thing is they need something to hold the plot together after that or the show's going to fall apart.

In other news, love the new zords.

It did make me wonder why don't more Sentai use movie powerups more often or at least where it would make sense to?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I feel like you guys are gonna miss out a lot of Takenaka Naoto's hilarious delivery through subs and it makes me sad. His performance alone gave Ghost more publicity than anything else.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah it is kinda rushed, but I feel like I'm interested in watching it.

With that said the companions aren't giving me the same "goodness" SCU has dawned me.

Faiz

I feel like you guys are gonna miss out a lot of Takenaka Naoto's hilarious delivery through subs and it makes me sad. His performance alone gave Ghost more publicity than anything else.

Oh sure make me feel even worse for having failed to learn Japanese over twenty years despite intentions haha.

WarRock

"Editing: Scare E Jeeg"
heheheh

Anyway! Ghost 1, pretty cool. The enemies' design is awesome, the MC more likable than I expected, and the not-blood spatters during the fights are even more unexpected (wonder how quickly they are removing that).

Ghost itself looks GOOD, we knew that already, what surprised me is the belt. One of the best belt voices since... I don't know, OOO?

Not feeling the supporting cast yet, but ok, it's the first episode. The exception is Sage, he was so carefree going "Oh, that contains your soul, now hand it to me", I couldn't help but laugh.

Disappointed that Takeru didn't mentioned anything about his bike transforming with him (actually, the bike came out of nowhere worse than Meteor's did in Fourze), but that is my only pet peeve with the first episode, didn't think it felt rushed.

WarRock

Even if he went to the temple to get the bike, someone would've heard/seen a bike being turned on and leaving on its own, so, yeah...

Top Bottom