• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Slayven

I wish they got into Dan earlier, Dan and Emu both wanting to change fate to save people could have been great to play off of

WarRock

Man, could you imagine going into a pharmacy and the clerk is Shin Dan Kuroto?
"WHAT IS THAT, YOU GOT A HEADACHE? I AM THE DRUG MASTER HAHAHA"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Heisei is coming to an end? That's surprising. It feels short though, but I guess since Showa ran for 66 years, this feels a lot briefer.
Though looking into it there's a lot of short eras. Like the Taisho era only running 13 years.

Big One

Banned
I'm on Episode 37 of Ghost...and to be honest, I really do not think it's that bad so far. Unlike Wizard there is actually plot relevant stuff going on. It just happens that plot relevant stuff isn't that interesting outside of a few aspects of it.

I'm gonna give me full opinion on it when I finish it but so far it really isn't that bad imo. Better than Kiva and Decade at least.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm on Episode 37 of Ghost...and to be honest, I really do not think it's that bad so far. Unlike Wizard there is actually plot relevant stuff going on. It just happens that plot relevant stuff isn't that interesting outside of a few aspects of it.

I'm gonna give me full opinion on it when I finish it but so far it really isn't that bad imo. Better than Kiva and Decade at least.

I don't agree with the kiva notion. I was expecting a bottom tiered series as was quite surprised. Even if the main lead is weak, otoya is one of the best characters in rider history. There's no one of that Calibur in ghost

Slayven

I don't agree with the kiva notion. I was expecting a bottom tiered series as was quite surprised. Even if the main lead is weak, otoya is one of the best characters in rider history. There's no one of that Calibur in ghost

The monk dude would have been great on a better show, but yeah you right.

I feel the same about Beast in Wizard. I say it once, i will say a thousand times. Beast was the only real dude in the whole damn show.

While i am shitting on Wizard, doesn't the Dragon Timer and Beast Magnum seem like shit that was ideas kicking around Toei for years and they decided to burn them on Wizard?

Parallax

The monk dude would have been great on a better show, but yeah you right.

I feel the same about Beast in Wizard. I say it once, i will say a thousand times. Beast was the only real dude in the whole damn show.

Mayonnaise saving the day right out of harutos hands put him in my rider playbook. Then again haruto is so damn boring. In the recent movie he's above gaim on the ranking of riders, and that's only because gaim was a literal non character. Hell I don't even know what he was doing there, or how the villains fell for such an obvious trick.

Slayven

Mayonnaise saving the day right out of harutos hands put him in my rider playbook. Then again haruto is so damn boring. In the recent movie he's above gaim on the ranking of riders, and that's only because gaim was a literal non character. Hell I don't even know what he was doing there, or how the villains fell for such an obvious trick.
Haruto was all up in his feeling, but Beast did what needed to do with no second thoughts
Gaim should be exempt from movies, dude is a god.

Parallax

Haruto was all up in his feeling, but Beast did what needed to do with no second thoughts
Gaim should be exempt from movies, dude is a god.

I mean even beyond that, why does he give a shit about what happens on earth anymore? It only makes sense if kouta is on earth a lot despite being a god. But yeah, he should have easily swept pac man and his crew.

Slayven

I mean even beyond that, why does he give a shit about what happens on earth anymore? It only makes sense if kouta is on earth a lot despite being a god. But yeah, he should have easily swept pac man and his crew.

They should just say they pull him from an earlier time. Speaking of teamups if Emu and crew don't freak out over the Amazons ripping folks apart, then they have failed. Shit should be so raw OG Amazon and Shin Kamen Rider jump in wanting to get some.

vareon

That's exactly it about Ghost, actually. Things happened,a lot of things happened in fact, but it feels lacking in impact or importance. Neither the main hero or the villain can carry the show so they felt very flat.

Toxi

Banned
Drive's getting better. I feel like the addition of Mach helped the show. Or rather MAH-HACK.

I heard the series seriously picks up at around episode 26, so I'm excited for that point.

Parallax

They should just say they pull him from an earlier time. Speaking of teamups if Emu and crew don't freak out over the Amazons ripping folks apart, then they have failed. Shit should be so raw OG Amazon and Shin Kamen Rider jump in wanting to get some.

What can emu and crew do other than put their hands up and let them rip and tear as they wish? The ex-wife crew ain't about that life.

Did you watch Full Throttle? The ending of that movie seemed to set up Gaim returning to Earth once in a while.

Did that happen? I haven't seen the movie in a minute

WarRock

Drive's getting better. I feel like the addition of Mach helped the show. Or rather MAH-HACK.

I heard the series seriously picks up at around episode 26, so I'm excited for that point.
MAH-HAH debut is so fucking over the top, you can't help but love him.

WarRock

It takes awhile for that, at the start he is just a magic photographer that always knows where and when to appear. And his redemption is simply amazing.

I'm at episode 19 of Ex-Aid. This show always had a tinge of darkness underneath it's bubbly appearance and feel good doctor adventures but goddamn does shit get real quick. It never lets up either.

Also, Dan Kuruto is the best villain.

Toxi

Banned
Well now I know why people say the halfway point is where Drive gets good.

Chaser_Profile.jpg

Wow that's out of nowhere. RIP Nomi Tatsuya.

On another note, Shout Factory is having another Sentai Stream, this time for Kakuranger.
http://www.shoutfactorytvlive.com/sf_event/super-sentai-spectacular-iii-kakuranger/

Wonder if they'll announce something good. Can't be Ohranger or Carranger since we have those, and Megaranger is already announced.

I can't see them announcing anything else...Gingaman already? I don't know. Also yes, RIP Nomi Tatsuya. I'm absolutely shocked.

Also, where is it stating he passed away due to suicide?

Slayven

Is there a non obscure weapon that hasn't been used in Kamen Rider?

I was going to say whip, but then i remembered Kamen Rider Saga

Big One

Banned
I will agree with this, but I honestly felt Otoya was LITERALLY the only good thing about Kiva with everything else being largely directionless and muddled. Ghost has a clear direction...it just leads to underwhelming things. FE. I recently got to the big reveal of what Takeru's father and co. discovered about the Ganma world...and most of it was stuff that we already knew about and by and large just expected stuff. Alain is set up to get a babyface turn...and gets one, with no hurdles in between. Ghost is the most predictable rider series I've seen in a while but I do enjoy some aspects of it which I'll detail in a full review once I finish the series.

Top Bottom