• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

WarRock

Why did they change Kyuranger's ending dance? Did they get complaints about the humping
They did. They also changed in the same episode the kid member gets added to the ending, so I'm guessing they wanted to avoid TPA heat for making kids hump or something.

My son is only 3 so a bit too young for most shows, but he has latched onto the Kyuutama toys already even though they are just cheap plastic spheres.
He only has a couple, but if the Seiza Blaster is still on sale later this year he might get lucky and get one as a present.

I actually just want it for myself and just want an excuse to buy him one. Don't fucking judge me.
:D

I'm watching Kyuranger on a weekly basis and I think it's really come around from the weaker early episodes. I hope they don't revert from it being the Yossha Lucky Power Half Hour but I'm not holding my breath.

For the record, I think the transformation posing is actually great but the roll calls are even better. Chameleon Green has the best one. This show can be carried just by how nice the designs for the suits and mechs are tbh. Yes, I'm a shallow individual.

I'm watching Kyuranger on a weekly basis and I think it's really come around from the weaker early episodes. I hope they don't revert from it being the Yossha Lucky Power Half Hour but I'm not holding my breath.

For the record, I think the transformation posing is actually great but the roll calls are even better. Chameleon Green has the best one. This show can be carried just by how nice the designs for the suits and mechs are tbh. Yes, I'm a shallow individual.
Yeah I like most of the roll calls in Kyuuranger as well. Especially Chameleon Green!

hqdefault.jpg

I'm still binge watching Kamen Rider on Netflix as well.
I've already finished Kuuga, Fourze, and Kabuto in the last couple of months. All of those were great for different reasons. I will agree with some previous posters that Kabuto has some of the best suit designs. I do have a soft spot for Meteor though. That suit was swag as hell.
The gimmick was also cool in Kabuto and they did some interesting stuff with it.

Currently watching Agito and really enjoying how different the plot for each Rider is. About halfway through now. Can't believe they gave Shouichi his memory back and then took it away immediately. Heh.
I'm loving the back and forth that Shouichi and Hikawa have. Poor Hikawa just got owned in a tennis by Shouichi using a goddamn frying pan. I thought I was gonna die of laughter.

Not sure what to watch next after finishing Agito. I was thinking of watching Ryuki but I found the CG pretty off-putting after a couple of episodes. I've usually got a high tolerance for crap CG but that one just bothered me for some reason.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Watching one of the live events and Naria's voice actor came out. The entire time all I could picture was Insarn from gokaiger because I had completely forgotten what Naria looked like

Jaeger

Anything involving time manipulation will be OP, pretty much. Especially if Japan is in the mix.

vhxOVMR.gif

I gotta clean the gif.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kyuranger 15; An alright episode but you can clearly tell that the budget was low but at least Hammy got a focus episode...though I have no idea what was up with Naga.

Ex-Aid 32;

The show just continues to get better, especially now a new and threatening player has entered the game.

Amazons;

I kinda guessed that Chihiro was Jin's son and it was nice to see Jin, with next week episode explaining that happened in between season 1 and season 2

Heisei Generations starring Pac-Man

I actually enjoyed it and it tied neatly within the show.

Jeffrey

... I need to catch up on ex-aid.

most of the suits and riders turn me off lol.

Why can't a rider show have a good story and decent suits :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I feel like a easily editable GIF of "Tokimeki Crisis is no longer in stock" would see a lot of use in Gaming.

NeonZ

Pac-Man movie was a giant reminder of how much cooler Jet Combat is than Bang Bang Simulations.

The issue is that Jet Combat barely used flight in the tv show after its debut, kind of losing its main gimmick. Bang Bang Simulations ended up as a very boring form, but at least it didn't completely lose its character. According to Bang Bang Simulations' profile, it's supposed to be able to boost around like Maximum Mighty and launch its turrets as automatic drones, but they haven't even shown those abilities in the tv show once likely to avoid that issue.

Big One

Banned
Now that I've caught up, time to rank the Neo-Hesei main Kamen Riders.

God Tier:
Gaim (lol)
Genm

Great Tier:
W
Fourze
Drive
OOO
Birth Prototype (Date)
Chaser
Accel
Lazer :'(
Bravo & Gridon

Good Tier:
Ex-Aid
Duke
Zangetsu
Marika
Knuckle
Birth (Gotou)
Ryugen
Baron
Mach

Okay Tier:
Sigurd
Brave
Necrom
Meteor
Beast
Snipe

Boring Tier:
Spectre
Wiseman
Wizard

Shit Tier:
Ghost

Slayven

The issue is that Jet Combat barely used flight in the tv show after its debut, kind of losing its main gimmick. Bang Bang Simulations ended up as a very boring form, but at least it didn't completely lose its character. According to Bang Bang Simulations' profile, it's supposed to be able to boost around like Maximum Mighty and launch its turrets as automatic drones, but they haven't even shown those abilities in the tv show once likely to avoid that issue.

I am extremely disappointed Bang Bang Simulation doesn't launch the planes on the costume as the finale attack

WarRock

I was referring looks wise, but yeah, it's boring for its action scenes too.

Jeffrey

Watched up to eps 24 today of exaid. The pacing is surprisingly nice and it's a good show for marathoning unlike most toku. Something is always happening. Feels like the show is over soon though so I'm curious to see how they keep it going lol.

Jaeger

Unless I am remebering this incorrectly, Tendou couldn't actually control time, just travel within it. When he went back it appears as if he could rewind time but that isn't the case. That means that his and Cronus' power is not the same. Then of course all of his regular abilities were increased to ridiculous new heights.

That could actually be a very interesting battle. Cronus stopping time Kabuto going back. I'm sure we have yet to see all of Cronus' abilities too.

Toxi

Banned
Drive: Surprise Future was a lot of fun. I actually wasn't expecting
"Eiji" to be the villain since I figured they were just copying Terminator with him as Kyle Reese.
The main issue the movie had was that the pacing was incredibly rushed to fit the hour long run time. They never explain why Mr. Belt is malfunctioning for example.

Pac-Man movie was a giant reminder of how much cooler Jet Combat is than Bang Bang Simulations.
Literally everything is cooler than Bang Bang Simulations.

I hated how Taiga and Hiro had to share the level 50 Gashat so we ended up with Bang Bang Simulations hogging screentime away from the far superior Taddle Fantasy. At least Dan solved that idiocy.

I desperately hope Snipe gets a new form that doesn't look like a discount Autobot.

Yeah If Dangerous Zombie is the high point of Ex-aid designs, Bang Bang Simulations is definitely the low point.

I wasn't a fan of Tokimeki either

NeonZ

Unless I am remebering this incorrectly, Tendou couldn't actually control time, just travel within it. When he went back it appears as if he could rewind time but that isn't the case. That means that his and Cronus' power is not the same. Then of course all of his regular abilities were increased to ridiculous new heights.

That could actually be a very interesting battle. Cronus stopping time Kabuto going back. I'm sure we have yet to see all of Cronus' abilities too.

Kabuto had Hyper Clock Up as a boosted Clock Up too, in addition to the time traveling one. Although it wasn't actual time stop, relatively it's basically the same since no one is going to move from his point of view.

WarRock

DoReMiFa Beat is the underrated Ex-Aid design IMO. It just works.

And I'm waiting for Chronos (or Gemdeus) to go full King Crimson at the end.

Jaeger

DoReMiFa Beat is the underrated Ex-Aid design IMO. It just works.

And I'm waiting for Chronos (or Gemdeus) to go full King Crimson at the end.

I have a strong feeling Cronus will either flip sides or his belt and gashat will go to another person.

Jeffrey

Really only negative of exaid for me so far, is that nothing emu has done felt earned. Every power up and even his gaming skills seem to be tied to freak accident? Or something. Rest of the cast power ups feel more earned.

Toxi

Banned
Really only negative of exaid for me so far, is that nothing emu has done felt earned. Every power up and even his gaming skills seem to be tied to freak accident? Or something. Rest of the cast power ups feel more earned.
I feel they kinda fix that with the whole Pallad thing though. Emu's outmatched in their battle because all his skills and feats and accomplishments were actually Pallad's. It makes the villain more imposing when the hero's not as strong as originally thought.

The one major thing Emu did accomplish without his M persona was saving Poppy, which I think might come into play later.

WarRock

Yeah, I would say Emu overcame Pallad/the virus multiple occasions to deserve his power ups (plus he straight up beat some bugsters too). It's different from Gaim, where Kouta literally is gifted power ups as soon as the other Riders/monsters gets stronger than him.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, I would say Emu overcame Pallad/the virus multiple occasions to deserve his power ups (plus he straight up beat some bugsters too). It's different from Gaim, where Kouta literally is gifted power ups as soon as the other Riders/monsters gets stronger than him.

Yeah, that was kinda ridiculous on GAIM. It even was a plot point, heh.

Jaeger

I don't care too much for Bang Bang either but I wouldn't call it terrible. They are definitely inspired by the whole Kantai Collection stuff with Bang Bang's design.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Machiko Soga played main villains in Sentai, including Queen Hedrian in Denziman & Sun Vulcan, and of course the now iconic (thanks to America) Bandora in Zyuranger.

Tiu Neo

Has there ever been a female main bad in a tv series or movie?

Denjiman, Zyuranger have Machiko Soga as Hedorian and Bandora. Sun Vulcan has her as Hedorian too, but most of the times she's second in command to Führer Hell Satan.

There are a few second in commands that were important too, like the empress in Ohranger or Lije on Abaranger.

Toxi

Banned
How I felt when Cronus walked up.

I am falling in love with his design.
Green's my favorite color, especially that sort of sickly radioactive green. He looks amazing in that night scene.

I do wish the hair was a darker shade of green; the helmet right now is just a big blob of the same color.

Jaeger

Green's my favorite color, especially that sort of sickly radioactive green. He looks amazing in that night scene.

I do wish the hair was a darker shade of green; the helmet right now is just a big blob of the same color.

I hear ya. It's hard to see, but the "hair" actually has black defining highlights (or is it the other way around) in the front so it's not totally totally green.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I really like how they belt pronounces Bang Bang Simulations though...

BONG BONG SHIMULATIONS!

Top Bottom