• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

vareon

I can't grasp the concept of the gimmick. Two bottles and a lever? Inanimate object and an animal? But Comic and Ninja??

Without further information it looks like you "mix" the two bottles and the lever is to stir it. But that's not what I initially had in mind when hearing "Build".

vareon

"During an eclipse, a ritual was performed. During the ritual, hundreds of people were killed and an evil being called Phantoms were born from their despair. Now, the Phantoms seek to spread despair into the world to multiply themselves. But one man, a survivor of the ritual, stood strong to be humanity's last hope..."

"During an eclipse, a ritual was performed. During the ritual, hundreds of people were killed and an evil being called Phantoms were born from their despair. Now, the Phantoms seek to spread despair into the world to multiply themselves. But one man, a survivor of the ritual, stood strong to be humanity's last hope..."

"A bunch of young street dancing Pokémon trainers transform into samurai and fight fruit monsters from another dimension."

You won't believe which show ended up being better!

Seen the toys for Build yet? The little dolls have interchangeable body parts, so maybe we'll see some crazy slotting in kind of stuff, due to the segmented shape of Build's bodysuit?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Yeah, Build looks awesome. Which is concerning given the "Suit:Show Quality" theory. Hoping for good things.

He's like a new Double.
Knight/Rogue form looks like Batman.

I never believed the whole if the suit is good the show will be bad and vice verse theory as I never really liked Ghost suits and the show itself was well a whole season of nothing whereas Drive suit was pretty good and I actually enjoyed it.

vtWEiza.jpg
Bruh.

Cool, can't wait to see how it will play it.

I mean I will miss Ex-aid but at the same time the show is ready to end and after seeing Ghost being dragged out for no reason I am happy to see Ex-Aid end rather than be dragged out longer than necessary.

NeonZ

One of the people who leaked Build's design from the toyguide (with earlier drawings that matched the actual pictures that are out now) mentioned that according to its description Build was a genius scientist. These initial toyguides only have a story summary, not individual character descriptions, so the lack of any mention of that in the supposed summary text makes it very dubious.

These story summaries, even real ones, also often aren't final, like how Ghost's mentioned that they'd need to travel around the world to gather all souls.

Seen the toys for Build yet? The little dolls have interchangeable body parts, so maybe we'll see some crazy slotting in kind of stuff, due to the segmented shape of Build's bodysuit?

Yeah, he can do half form changes like W. Technically you could even mix multiple arms and legs from different forms together with the toys, since the arm, leg, head and shoulder are all separate, but the belt gimmick, with only two slots, suggests that in the show itself it'll be only half/half changes, like W.

jwk94

What's up with Kamen Rider's fascination with doing "mooks who need to collect X emotion" plots?

Build looks like W for some reason.

Dude IS W. Suit with two halves powered by two magical devices. Turn his belt into a W and you've got a bulkier W. I need them to interact in the eventual giant teamup movie.

NeonZ

Build looks like W for some reason.

Although we don't have a scan yet, one of the text lists that so far matched everything we see in the real images mentioned that a W form (Detective + USB) will be released right alongside an Ex-Aid form, so I think the W similarities are completely intentional.

What's up with Kamen Rider's fascination with doing "mooks who need to collect X emotion" plots?

It's a good excuse to explain why the monsters aren't just killing civilians. This kind of plot only started when monsters killing random people became rare.

shaowebb

Ooooooooooh shit son! Now that is what I'm talking bout! Fuck those Ex-Aid suits that is a Kamen Rider again! Plus we got a combiner theme rocking like with W? Hell yeah. I am coming back for this one. Ghost and Ex Aid just put me off but finally a year later they pull out a Rider I get good vibes from.

Big One

Banned
Don't think that just because you have a Cauliflower avatar, I won't give you these hands.
W is also one of my fav suits as well if that helps, lol.

Best suits in Hesei era of the main riders to me have always been Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, W, and now Build. I'm more of a fan of simplicity over complexity, though Build has shades of both and melds them in a pretty dope way.

vareon

As far as basic forom suit goes, Build feels like one of the sleeker ones like W or Kabuto. Can't wait to see more in details. The yellow belt might threw some people off lol.

Now that is a design. Kamen Rider W 2. I'm in.

You need some reason that mooks and monsters aren't just killing folks left and right. They have to need something for a specific place or target.

I can't grasp the concept of the gimmick. Two bottles and a lever? Inanimate object and an animal? But Comic and Ninja??

Without further information it looks like you "mix" the two bottles and the lever is to stir it. But that's not what I initially had in mind when hearing "Build".

Living and Inanimate Object it seems. The "build" perhaps being to build something new out of the synthesis.

That is seriously one of the best Kamen Rider suits ever, not even joking. It's better than W imo.

Hey. Hey. Don't get ahead of yourself. I admit, the "W, but diagonal" motif looks great.

Tiu Neo

Still have to see it in action to be sure, but yeah, I can see myself liking this suit more than W's. (And W suit is one of my favorites easily)

And, well, they can always fuck up the power ups.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Also note he has a manga pen on his visor.

Be great if he goes HEAVEN'S DOOR on folks
and hopefully not HEAVEN'S TORNADO

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That is seriously one of the best Kamen Rider suits ever, not even joking. It's better than W imo.

it looks good, but if it can pull off a solo unit like joker and look as good, i may have to agree. as it is, thats an incredibly tall order

NeonZ

like combo rider forms? kabuto and black rx combine to break the game

No pictures, but the written spoilers which matched these pictures mentioned they'll be full forms, although split in half (Ex-Aid is Doctor + Game and W is Detective + USB). It's pretty easy to imagine how W will end up, thematically Detective even matches Shotaro/Joker and USB/Gaia Memories matches Philip, but the others are the big question.

They could just make them clones of the Riders, with full chest armor, for example, ignoring the split. So Doctor + Game would be mostly pink for both sides, with Build's usual black undersuit, but with Ex-Aid's chest armor there, with added lines through it to indicate that it can be split. The face would be basically the past Riders' profile printed on a smooth mask, but with Build-style eyes - since that's basically what they've done for both Ghost's and Ex-Aid's legend Rider forms.

Alternatively, we'll get each half resembling one of the signature colors of the Rider, but without resembling the Riders physically that much. Basically color swaps of Rabbit Tank that have a few details of the older Riders thrown in, like shoulders and their emblem as part of the eyes. So, Doctor + Game could end up half pink, and half white or neon green (since black would already be there due to the undersuit), with the eye shape taking some characteristics from the series' logo. So, in Ex-Aid's case, they could keep the cartoony eyes since they're part of logo, probably with some spikes coming from it since the hair also was part of the logo.

The legend forms will probably just be primary + secondary. I'd be happy with that. Gonna piss a lot of people off when they clarify who the secondary is though, at least for some series where people like to argue over who is who.

WarRock

Gun form of Build's drill-sword looks so goofy. Handle looks like a Phantasy Star Portable whip, actually.

Zoomed in driver in the catalog scans looks... weird and somewhat ugly. Need resolution pics ASAP.

Slayven

like combo rider forms? kabuto and black rx combine to break the game
So much swag in one area is impossible due to the laws of physics

Gun form of Build's drill-sword looks so goofy. Handle looks like a Phantasy Star Portable whip, actually.

Zoomed in driver in the catalog scans looks... weird and somewhat ugly. Need resolution pics ASAP.

I think hand weapons peaked with Wizard, everything afterwards have been lazy.

ash321

The Rider look great, which is awesome for toy collector like me lol.

Even if the show suck I will have another shelves full of great looking figuarts lol

The only Ex-aid figuart I bought is dangerous zombie lol

NeonZ

It's not like Philip needs to be beside him for him to turn into W. Shotaro can just pick up the belt, say Philip and then the Cyclone Gaia Memory appears without needing Philip's actor on set at all. They did avoid showing him turning into W in Kamen Rider Taisen though, but that could be just because they didn't have Shotaro's actor on set either for that part of the movie (Even though Shotaro is in various scenes, he never appears in any of the final battle sets. The first time he's already Joker when appearing there, and later he's already W when all Riders team up).

vareon

It's not like Philip needs to be beside him for him to turn into W. Shotaro can just pick up the belt, say Philip and then the Cyclone Gaia Memory appears without needing Philip's actor on set at all. They did avoid showing him turning into W in Kamen Rider Taisen though, but that could be just because they didn't have Shotaro's actor on set either for that part of the movie (Even though Shotaro is in various scenes, he never appears in any of the final battle sets. The first time he's already Joker when appearing there, and later he's already W when all Riders team up).

This has nothing to do at all with what I said.

Top Bottom