• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voror

While I am happy to have Kaneki back, I do still miss Haise, there was something about him.

Huh, interesting. Didn't think about that. Can I ask what some of the hints are? I'm still relatively new to all this (I binged on it and only caught up a month or two back) so some things may've passed over my head in the going.

I think it was the dorkiness that he displayed at times and maybe just coming across as a bit happier, even if it was shown that it was partially an act.

I suppose not all of these need to mean it's him, but this is what I recall of the character's appearances thus far.

-Turned on the intercom which got everyone to hear that Haise was getting tortured by Taki and led to him getting rescued. Was shown like it was just some random accident (and it certainly could have been just that), but in the first series Hide demonstrated using seeming accidents to do other things like how he got that bug on Yakumo.

-Was seen rowing randomly from Rue Island. No real evidence of what this could have been, though given we're later shown that Amon knows him it might have been him dropping Amon off on the island.

-He was the one who helped get Amon out and it came across like Amon knew him. The way he took out the guards also wasn't necessarily the way a ghoul might have done it, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't have been.

Hide demonstrated impersonating a ghoul before and him pulling this sort of thing off wouldn't be out of character. While Kaneki believes he killed and ate Hide at Hide's own request, we've never really been given complete confirmation he died. Kaneki just assumes that to be the case. I don't have doubts Kaneki took a bite out of him, but him being alive isn't out of the question. There's also Marude implying Hide was the one who put the idea in his head that the Washuu's were ghouls by checking the scanner, though we don't know when that conversation took place.

I'd actually forgotten about this one, but Haise got that package that had the mask as well as that signed copy of one of Eto's books that Hide had gotten for him way back when. Uta could have just sent that too, but I'd wonder when he got his hands on that unless I'm forgetting a scene.

Most of it is probably just looking at it a certain way to make it fit the theory, but the character is rather mysterious and offhand Hide seems the best candidate I can think of. It would be funny if it was someone completely different and Hide's just straight up dead though.

Strimei

Hmm, interesting. I have to admit, in my binge reading and processing everything, I had kind of forgotten about Scarecrow for the most part, not giving him much thought beyond how weird he was, but when you put it that way...interesting. Thanks!

Voror

Hmm, interesting. I have to admit, in my binge reading and processing everything, I had kind of forgotten about Scarecrow for the most part, not giving him much thought beyond how weird he was, but when you put it that way...interesting. Thanks!

He sort of just randomly shows up from time to time. The thing with Amon is probably the most significant thing he's been shown to do thus far, but I keep wondering when he might next appear.

Ishida has built up Hide's ambiguous fate for so long that he's gotta be alive at this point. I just wonder if he's been planning, and causing all of what's been happening until now. He might be the most dangerous person in this whole series.

- Kishou Arima eventual death after Hide helped Kaneki at V14

- The new One-Eyed King, Ken Kaenki

- The Destruction of Aogiri

- Responsible for the destruction of his own clan + the CCG's "pillar", the Washuu

- The eventual destruction of the CCG.

If Hide's a clown, and ends up being evil it will be so fucked up that I won't be able to not laugh.

Anteater

Ishida has built up Hide's ambiguous fate for so long that he's gotta be alive at this point. I just wonder if he's been planning, and causing all of what's been happening until now. He might be the most dangerous person in this whole series.

- Kishou Arima eventual death after Hide helped Kaneki at V14

- The new One-Eyed King, Ken Kaenki

- The Destruction of Aogiri

- Responsible for the destruction of his own clan + the CCG's "pillar", the Washuu

- The eventual destruction of the CCG.

If Hide's a clown, and ends up being evil it will be so fucked up that I won't be able to not laugh.

most suspicious thing about Hide is the event in V14, because unless he knows what Arima/Eto were after he wouldn't have encouraged Ken to fight Arima head on, and that is also after risking his own life (asking Ken to eat him), otherwise for most of TG he was acting like a good friend for Ken and we were shown he put the effort into it

phaze

Never was a fan of Mutsuki but at least she/he/'s entertaining now.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

Anteater

that bitch is crazy, I know she's nuts but I didn't expect she actually pick a fight with Ken and I certainly didn't expect that last panel lol, at least there's Touka's reaction to look forward to for the next chapter, I wonder how the Mutsuki arc is going to end though, who sent her the present?

god damn Ken get your shit together, go pick up an umbrella or some shit, maybe someone will show up and give him a quinque

Kyuur

If that last panel means what I think it does, why the fuck would she do that. Did she think she knew that Touka was a ghoul or something and thus a conspirator?

I don't think I've ever done such a 180 on a character before. Fuck Mutsuki.

Mortemis

Banned
That last page... god damn. This manga can be heartless at times.

Fuck Mutsuki up Touka please.
Don't die :(

If that last panel means what I think it does, why the fuck would she do that. Did she think she knew that Touka was a ghoul or something and thus a conspirator?

I don't think I've ever done such a 180 on a character before. Fuck Mutsuki.

You're late, I've been on the Fuck Mutsuki
train since before rue island. .#FuckMutsuki

Anteater

I'm not on the fuck Mutsuki train until after Rue but I guess she's sorta entertaining now like phaze said....

Aura is now the worst character honestly :p nothing redeeming about him, his motive is sorta stupid, like what, because your aunt was hurt during the Cochlea raid? lol

Voror

I think it's more that Mutsuki is sadistic and also hates Touka, so this is to cause her suffering. There is always the chance this is a red herring, but I'm not confident of the chances of that given how this manga tends to be.

I'm not sure what the endgame here is though. Best bet would be that Kaneki and Touka get blamed for this or something, though it would be refreshing if that straight up didn't work. With Urie's discovery and the fact Saiko displayed some knowledge of what's going on, I'd hope that would fail.

That Aura guy is really bugging me though. If Kaneki wanted to kill his aunt, he would have. And other than being in the hospital she seems to otherwise be fine.

Anteater

So, uh...I think this qualifies as having done something, yeah?

Because good lord that last page...

yeah, i didn't think she'd be crazy enough to do all that lmao but there she goes

I also don't think she had kill Yoriko because it'd make it easy for Takeomi to track her down so let's see!

Strimei

yeah, i didn't think she'd be crazy enough to do all that lmao but there she goes

I also don't think she had kill Yoriko because it'd make it easy for Takeomi to track her down so let's see!

Yeah I'm definitely thinking the hand is a red herring and is someone else, trying to provoke Touka. But at the same time, I wouldn't put it past Mutsuki either, after seeing those photos and all.

phaze

cdrqborxuk5z.png

But I've been waiting 240 chapters for this Ishida, how dare you go offpanel on me again and in such a moment.
0k4tkrdk2jig.png

BigAl1992

On the plus side, you've got next week's issue to see the results. Anyway, that fight ended quickly and :re is basically gone, so I wonder what'll happen in the near future within that ward. Mutsuki has lost it entirely, so I can't see how her storyline can end on a good note. And what the hell is Kaneki referring to about hide? Did I miss something about him?

Anteater

the huge raid is coming, sad to see we won't see a Touka/Yoriko reunion anytime soon (they last met in ch125 in TG before the Anteiku raid), we'll probably find out if Yoriko is alive next chapter maybe? Mutsuki was probably just making shit up to provoke Touka, too much risk to kill her based on one photo alone before she had evidence Touka was a ghoul, Touka probably knows that and pretend she doesn't remember just for a small chance Mutsuki will leave Yoriko the fuck alone.

Or Ishida is using her death to develop Takeomi's character..

I could totally see Suzuya and his crew joining Ken at some point, the new CCG seems pretty strong with hundreds of those new Oggais.

I'm not sure how it'll end for Mutsuki, I think Urie will end up "saving" her when she go further down the spiral of insanity.

the huge raid is coming, sad to see we won't see a Touka/Yoriko reunion anytime soon (they last met in ch125 in TG before the Anteiku raid), we'll probably find out if Yoriko is alive next chapter maybe? Mutsuki was probably just making shit up to provoke Touka, too much risk to kill her based on one photo alone before she had evidence Touka was a ghoul, Touka probably knows that and pretend she doesn't remember just for a small chance Mutsuki will leave Yoriko the fuck alone.

Or Ishida is using her death to develop Takeomi's character..

I could totally see Suzuya and his crew joining Ken at some point, the new CCG seems pretty strong with hundreds of those new Oggais.

I'm not sure how it'll end for Mutsuki, I think Urie will end up "saving" her when she go further down the spiral of insanity.
The only ending for Mutsuki is death.

Touka is gonna tickle Kaneki with her hair.

Finally! Kaneki deserves at least a little happiness after the hell he's been through.

I still think Ishida will kill off Touka. The death flags are there, man :(

Strimei

I had a good laugh at Takizawa's response to what destroys civilizations.

Also, I agree with Kaneki, what is up with those bikes?

Mifec

Poor Hakatori having no one to hang out other than Takizawa who literally turned her uterus to mush last time we saw her rofl. At least she put her revenge on Amon bs behind, I hope.

Aura is now the worst character honestly :p nothing redeeming about him, his motive is sorta stupid, like what, because your aunt was hurt during the Cochlea raid? lol

Hey he was pretty cute when he grinned at Fakeneki getting decapitated :3

I had a good laugh at Takizawa's response to what destroys civilizations.

He's deffo the most improved char from the laughable caricature he was at the start or :re.

BigAl1992

There's no point in me holding back, so I might as well say it; I've seen a few of the Japanese scans for ch.125....., it's literally all about Kaneki and Touka having sex. So yeah, enjoy the chapter while I stop myself laughing out loud in front of everyone I was staying with for a house party last night.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to spoiler that post. Sorry everyone.

Mendrox

There's no point in me holding back, so I might as well say it; I've seen a few of the Japanese scans for ch.125....., it's literally all about Kaneki and Touka having sex. So yeah, enjoy the chapter while I stop myself laughing out loud in front of everyone I was staying with for a house party last night.

Loool just saw it too. Now Kaneki is finally a man. The story begins

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 125
1478026443868u1k5e.gif

Holy shit, he actually did it. I thought it would be a kiss at most and even that maybe offpaneled.

That first page seems pretty foreboding to me though.

Misob

Neo Member
...I did not expect the entire chapter to be dedicated to this. A page or two at most

Not that I'm complaining or anything

Anteater

lmao I swear Ishida is just doing the opposite of what everyone is expecting

I wonder if we'll get a good ending this time

It's a butterfly, right? That in itself can mean a multitude of things. Such as growth or evolution, in a similar way, a caterpillar emerges into a butterfly. (Also see the pattern in the sheet on the last page, it seems to make the shape of a pair of butterfly wings).

But I imagine, as this is a Japanese manga it might have the following meaning: In Japanese culture, the butterfly is associated with femininity, also, because of its grace and beauty. In Japanese symbolism, the butterfly is a sign of good luck in love and finding your soul mate. It is often a symbol of a happy marriage and is used as a decorative element for weddings. (Ripped straight from Google.)

phaze

It's a butterfly, right? That in itself can mean a multitude of things. Such as growth or evolution, in a similar way, a caterpillar emerges into a butterfly. (Also see the pattern in the sheet on the last page, it seems to make the shape of a pair of butterfly wings).

But I imagine, as this is a Japanese manga it might have the following meaning: In Japanese culture, the butterfly is associated with femininity, also, because of its grace and beauty. In Japanese symbolism, the butterfly is a sign of good luck in love and finding your soul mate. It is often a symbol of a happy marriage and is used as a decorative element for weddings. (Ripped straight from Google.)

I guess there are more positive interpretations but first thing I thought of was the general belief of how touching a butterfly can kill them.

I read these types mangas all the time and yet I'm grinning like an idiot. I never expected it in Tokyo Ghoul. Kaneki made it.

Also, squish squish.

1478026443868u1k5e.gif

Holy shit, he actually did it. I thought it would be a kiss at most and even that maybe offpaneled.

Accurate gif.

Kyuur

I feel like all the offscreening in the past 20 chapters has been for this moment. Can't believe it actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom