• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

That panel with 0 Squad was awesome. Good chapter but I can't quite wrap my head around Mutsuki still. I hope Takeomi and Yoriko make it out of this alive.

Tokyo Ghoul :re Ch129: Welp... and things were going oh so well.
Also, there's a baby it seems.
Nice catch. I'm guessing the baby will be 3/4 Ghoul? Kaneki is barely human anymore so how will it come out? I'm also excited to see the old One Eyed King. What if it's actually a woman?

Strimei

Just got to wondering, while Kaneki is half ghoul (or more at this point, kakuja and all), just how much of his DNA is actually a ghoul's? Wonder how that all would work.

The baby's definitely not fully ghoul though, that's for sure.

And just when I think that Mutsuki and the others can't get worse, they do.

Just got to wondering, while Kaneki is half ghoul (or more at this point, kakuja and all), just how much of his DNA is actually a ghoul's? Wonder how that all would work.

The baby's definitely not fully ghoul though, that's for sure.

And just when I think that Mutsuki and the others can't get worse, they do.
I can't wait for Mutsuki to get off-screened.

Defuser

You know so far I don't like how Ishida has been treating Touka ever since the Jason incident. She got sidelined so much after that incident. And then in RE, she wasn't even important nor involved as much until this arc and now she is suffering badly in this chapter.

Kyuur

It didn't occur to me that Touka would have come underground with the rest of them for some reason. I guess the surface really is unliveable if she's down there!

Kaneki y didn't you burn the note :( Then again, I don't want Yoriko to die.. But I don't want Touka to either.

Anteater

I wonder what Ken's action will be, meeting Mutsuki alone? At least we know Ken burned the letter so Touka won't be going in his place. It's impossible to free them from CCG unless the Qs interfere, but it seems like Urie still isn't catching on with Mutsuki, which is annoying, but I could see Urie end up breaking Takeomi out since it feels like another character development for him to help his rival out. Or Ken just decide to use this excuse to raid the CCG.

Maybe that centipede several chapters back was foreshadowing another hostage situation where everyone dies? lol

I wonder what Ken's action will be, meeting Mutsuki alone? At least we know Ken burned the letter so Touka won't be going in his place. It's impossible to free them from CCG unless the Qs interfere, but it seems like Urie still isn't catching on with Mutsuki, which is annoying, but I could see Urie end up breaking Takeomi out since it feels like another character development for him to help his rival out. Or Ken just decide to use this excuse to raid the CCG.

Maybe that centipede several chapters back was foreshadowing another hostage situation where everyone dies? lol
Yeah I hope that Ishida throws a curve ball and some other characters dies instead of Touka.

Yeah I hope that Ishida throws a curve ball and some other characters dies instead of Touka.

I mean, money's gotta be on either her,
the baby
or Kaneki (as the obvious choices).
With Yoriko, Takumi and Mutsuki being the less obvious choices.
Though I'm sure Ishida could - as always - throw as a real oddball out of left field.

Anteater

x2YNi7o.gif

ch 131

Ishidaaaaaaa what are you doing, the tone is getting more grim every chapter

d8zmVFa.jpg

Komatsu

Ishida conjuring some real pre-apocalyptic vibes in this chapter..

Touka's going to live, most likely. It's Kaneki I am worried for.

BigAl1992

It's going to take a miracle for Kaneki to live now. Even if he doesn't get killed in battle, that rapid degradation of his DNA means he'll die from premature aging. That said, I'm wondering if (and it's a big IF) the series ends at around the same point Tokyo Ghoul ended at, and we're getting close to it now, would there be room for yet another sequel to take place that has Kaneki and Touka's child as one of the main characters a few years down the line. Just a thought, but still......

Kyuur

Kaneki and Touka banging saved this manga. It's been back on track ever since, every chapter has been great.

Underground Tokyo gives me SMT4 vibes.

Strimei

Whoo boy, yeah that final part definitely raised some (more) death flags.

Also one of those three kid (I assume) ghouls from the 24th ward, specifically the one attacking Ayato when he says "an ambush?", doesn't the kagune look kind of like Asaki Fueguchi's (and by extension, part of Hinami's) kagune? Segmented bone-like structure with a circular mark in the center. Wonder if that means anything.

I want to see Furuta gone now not later.

But who's gonna be the villain if not for Furuta? The clowns are pretty much the only ones who can take that role but the members are too much of a wildcard or just doing their own thing.

I wonder if Kaneki can somehow find a way out of his situation. Arima basically sentenced him to death in their last battle by making him regenerate a lot of times and then tasking him to be the OEK making him unable to cannibalize.

Kyuur

I'm kind of sick of the clowns and Furata right now to be honest. They were shit villains in the last arc and have lost the aura of mystery they had prior.

Anteater

But who's gonna be the villain if not for Furuta? The clowns are pretty much the only ones who can take that role but the members are too much of a wildcard or just doing their own thing.

I wonder if Kaneki can somehow find a way out of his situation. Arima basically sentenced him to death in their last battle by making him regenerate a lot of times and then tasking him to be the OEK making him unable to cannibalize.

If there's a time skip of like 10 years or so, Furuta probably won't be alive by then, he's half human just like Arima and they all live a short life, with such a time skip I think the major characters will be gone outside of the normal ghouls and humans, if there's a sequel I'm not sure what direction it'll go since characters like Ken, Takizawa, Furuta likely won't be around anymore and the rest will be sorta in their mid/late 30s

Fuck.

Everything will be alright once Kaneki stops using Amaterasu right? Right??

dude just need to stop taking hits, I swear he's like a masochist, instead of dodging everything he just let himself get hit as a strategy

Anteater

Looks like shit is going down next chapter and their base will get raided, I wonder if Ayato will return with anything worthwhile, perhaps unleashing the Kraken or something? :lol

Good to see Urie/Saiko will try helping Takeomi, Urie end up breaking his rival out would make a lot of sense, not sure if Mutsuki will end up fucking things up though because it still looks like Saiko still has some trust in her despite Mutsuki was the culprit...

I think Ishida did a good job with the Qs, Urie's character has developed so much. Good to see Ken looking happy again. That panel with Hide though.

Looks like shit is going down next chapter and their base will get raided, I wonder if Ayato will return with anything worthwhile, perhaps unleashing the Kraken or something? :lol

Good to see Urie/Saiko will try helping Takeomi, Urie end up breaking his rival out would make a lot of sense, not sure if Mutsuki will end up fucking things up though because it still looks like Saiko still has some trust in her despite Mutsuki was the culprit...

I think Ishida did a good job with the Qs, Urie's character has developed so much. Good to see Ken looking happy again. That panel with Hide though.

I love Saiko and Urie so much. Too bad that Shirazu may return as a zombie and Mutsuki strayed from the right path.

The wedding scene is also beautiful with Yomo getting drunk and all. Wish Ayato was there for her sister.

Too bad this happiness won't last since shit's gonna come down next week.

Anteater

I love Saiko and Urie so much. Too bad that Shirazu may return as a zombie and Mutsuki strayed from the right path.

The wedding scene is also beautiful with Yomo getting drunk and all. Wish Ayato was there for her sister.

Too bad this happiness won't last since shit's gonna come down next week.

Urie is amazingballs, everytime he gets messed up his character developed a little, remember how much that guy hated everyone? lmao, and he still has beef with Sasaki until Saiko beats the shit out of him and she was like "Stop blaming shit on other people". He used to be an asshole but now look at him ;__;

Kyuur

I love that spread of Kaneki and Touka. New background!

The character development of the QS has been great. I feel like rereading to refresh myself on Urie's development up until this point. I can unfortunately see him and Saiko dying here though; Mutsuki and Aura will obviously be against them and Hsiao is liable to keep quiet and betray at the last second. Higemaru is the only real wild card in the current squad.

The rest of the chapter was awesome as per usual recently. Ishida should have brought back Touka sooner!

Strimei

I really didn't like Urie for a long while but I've come around on him. Though I shouldn't be surprised, I hated Nishiki at first and he's probably my favorite character now too. Very happy to see Saiko again though, she's also a favorite. Hope things go well for them.

...especially because things aren't gonna go well underground very soon. Hooo boy. That said, the wedding was absolutely lovely and yeah that double page of the happy couple is so beautiful.

I really didn't like Urie for a long while but I've come around on him. Though I shouldn't be surprised, I hated Nishiki at first and he's probably my favorite character now too. Very happy to see Saiko again though, she's also a favorite. Hope things go well for them.

...especially because things aren't gonna go well underground very soon. Hooo boy. That said, the wedding was absolutely lovely and yeah that double page of the happy couple is so beautiful.
Same. I didn't care much about Urie in the beginning but I've definitely come around to him. I'm somewhat surprised that no one thought that this kid would have some sort if tracking device.

Anteater

RIP everyone

I hope Ken had some back up plan incase some shit like this happens... but who am I kidding. I can't see this ending well for them unless Ayato brought back some kakuja monster reinforcements with him. I wonder who got left behind in ward 24 though, perhaps we'll need to rely on demon ape? lmao

Things not looking too well on the CCG side either. Also Kuroiwa blocked that kagune with his bare arm what the fuck, he didn't wear his Arata armor for this did he? :lol

Mifec

Furuta is out of control again.

RIP everyone

I hope Ken had some back up plan incase some shit like this happens... but who am I kidding. I can't see this ending well for them unless Ayato brought back some kakuja monster reinforcements with him. I wonder who got left behind in ward 24 though, perhaps we'll need to rely on demon ape? lmao

Things not looking too well on the CCG side either. Also Kuroiwa blocked that kagune with his bare arm what the fuck, he didn't wear his Arata armor for this did he? :lol

Pretty sure it's a fake arm, since he's missing that one.

Anteater

Speaking of clowns, honestly I think Donato and/or Uta are probably going to betray Furuta eventually, they look like the type that will go with the more interesting scenario. Furuta is just playing his villain role he set up himself, and Uta seems to be just going along with it since it's interesting to push the ghouls to the edge, whenever there's a chance to turn the table around I think they'll most definitely do it.

Roma just seems like a sadist that just wants to see Kaneki suffer, not much depth in her character so far, she just keeps coming back. Nico wanted to see Ken suffer but she seems to do her own thing at times without coordinating with others (For one he lied to Souta about the OEK rather than hinting him about Eto, and later helping Ken with Akira/tipping him about the great wheel act without laying any traps, she also don't give a single fuck about Roma lmao).

Also I kind of like the original TG covers better, but :re has some good ones like vol 5 and 8:

GOATs

Kyuur

Really pumped for these fights. I hope Touka single handedly slaughters them; given their situation I can't help but think that she's been cannibalizing and we haven't seen her fight in forever. I hope Amon/Akira show up somewhere too.

phaze

So the one to tell Touka to hide was Hide Naaga-chika right?

Goat is annoying with how they let their prisoners walk free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom