• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl1992

There's word that a large scale crackdown by the publishing company is taking place to prevent leaks from taking place. Worse case scenario, we don't get a chapter until next week, when it's out on sale in Japan.

Anteater

Ishida new profile picture is very eerie. Really bad stuff is going to happen, I can feel it.

Looks like Hide to me.

tviei371qsaz.jpg

latest

aww shit hold on to your butts!

Anteater

Spoilers are out

good to see urie is putting up a fight, Roma is now the shittiest character next to that whatshisface in the Qs, Iwao Kuroiwa is still a fucking beast with his sword that can't even cut through ghouls lmao.

So the white suits and yomo are still underground with Touka

and fucking Mutsuki, why am i not surprised she's there leading the oggais

Kyuur

Have we seen the kagune that hit Urie before? It looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Kakuja army down below. Perfect time for the Owl kakujas to show up.

Anteater

Have we seen the kagune that hit Urie before? It looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Kakuja army down below. Perfect time for the Owl kakujas to show up.

ones that hit Urie look like the ones from Roma, multiple tiny tentacles, but i'm not familiar with Shikorae's kagune because he seems to have multiple types, looking bad for Urie though since I see one of them went through his throat, not to mention Furuta is strong enough to take out Eto

good to see ken isn't dumb enough to leave only Touka there alone, and they probably have a way to go deeper down into the tunnels if they want

Anteater

lmao Roma being the founder and is 51 years old, well at least that's something about her that's interesting even when no one in the clowns gives a shit about her, I still want to know the origin with her and Donato seeing that they might've been the earliest members and Donato was caught a decade ago when Amon was still a teenager and Urie was still a kid. Also she's old enough to be around when the last one eyed was.

Getting to see Rio/Shikorae being tossed in Cochlea and Eto recruiting him is cool, also confirming him having all Kagune types.

also RIP Yomo, I guess this is inevitable :(

chapter also confirms the clowns likely don't give a shit about furuta :lol so I wouldn't be surprised if uta or someone show up at the underground for shits and giggles
and to save uncle yomo

I feel like Yomo's end is near.

Urie went from worst character to the best and Mutsuki from good to worst
Yep.

I really hope Roma throws a wrench in Furuta's plan somehow. She mentioned the underground king. I guess that confirms that he existed at one point. Her youthful appearance despite being 51 makes me think the underground king might be very old but look way younger. Exciting times ahead.

Anteater

Yep.

I really hope Roma throws a wrench in Furuta's plan somehow. She mentioned the underground king. I guess that confirms that he existed at one point. Her youthful appearance despite being 51 makes me think the underground king might be very old but look way younger. Exciting times ahead.

I'm hoping Uta will show up, in that one chapter they're informed that Ken is underground, it's not like the clowns care about Furuta so I hope Uta will show up even if it's for shits and giggles, I don't mind Yomo dying but having Uta (and Itori) there would be a great closure for his character since all 3 of those used to be buddies

I don't think Roma will do much, she seems to be the most nihilistic of them all, Uta at least showed some attachment to Yomo and Ken, Nico was shown to be sympathetic at times

I'm hoping Uta will show up, in that one chapter they're informed that Ken is underground, it's not like the clowns care about Furuta so I hope Uta will show up even if it's for shits and giggles, I don't mind Yomo dying but having Uta (and Itori) there would be a great closure for his character since all 3 of those used to be buddies

I don't think Roma will do much, she seems to be the most nihilistic of them all, Uta at least showed some attachment to Yomo and Ken, Nico was shown to be sympathetic at times
She seems like she'd fuck with Furuta just because he is close to completing a plan; total chaos is her moto. Although you're right in that Uta seems to be far more realistic to save someone. I secretly hope Yomo has an asspull power up and rekt these rent-a-Ken but that's wishful thinking.

Anteater

She seems like she'd fuck with Furuta just because he is close to completing a plan; total chaos is her moto. Although you're right in that Uta seems to be far more realistic to save someone. I secretly hope Yomo has an asspull power up and rekt these rent-a-Ken but that's wishful thinking.

haha yeah i guess i wouldn't be surprised if Roma do something to mess Furuta up if given the chance

I do hope Yomo at least take a few of those Oggais out tho, it wouldn't be unrealistic since those stupid kids shouldn't be so overpowered even with Rise's kagune, some of them are not actually sunlit garden kids

also I think Uta doesn't look so enthusiastic in that one panel when he talk about Furuta, but then he never actually smile much so I might be overthinking

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Stay safe, Queen Touka chan.

Saiko, Urie. If you both survive this, time to GTFO, you shoulda been gone yesterday

Mutsuki...die already.

Voror

Stay safe, Queen Touka chan.

Saiko, Urie. If you both survive this, time to GTFO, you shoulda been gone yesterday

Mutsuki...die already.

I won't lie, the fact Mutsuki is so petty she also took the time to insult Touka's hairstyle while pointing her out to the Oggai made me laugh. She'd flip out even harder when she finds out Touka's pregnant.

I feel like Urie is going to recognize this is the time to bail since this whole attempt has been a failure. I'm expecting some sort of rescue since I'm not sure how they get out of there otherwise.

I can't possibly see them going for some redemption nonsense. I feel we are way past that point now. I also want Aura to continue failing at everything he does because I've had it with him.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I won't lie, the fact Mutsuki is so petty she also took the time to insult Touka's hairstyle while pointing her out to the Oggai made me laugh. She'd flip out even harder when she finds out Touka's pregnant.

I feel like Urie is going to recognize this is the time to bail since this whole attempt has been a failure. I'm expecting some sort of rescue since I'm not sure how they get out of there otherwise.

I can't possibly see them going for some redemption nonsense. I feel we are way past that point now. I also want Aura to continue failing at everything he does because I've had it with him.

That's what i'm afraid of. I don't know if Ishida would just off Touka at this point despite her bedrock position in the franchise, but i hope these flags are just kinda for tension's sake and not indicative of anything. It would probably put me off the manga to have Touka end up with the love of her life and have a kid just to die immediately afterward just for some forced shock value.

I don't think Urie will die here, but i don't know where Saiko is. I forget who said it but they were right when they said CCG was basically over as soon as Furuta gained power...i know there will be defections and people going rogue, but it will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I get it, Mutsuki has a horrible past, fine....but so do plenty of other people in this series. She's just too over the top and i don't think Ishida really developed her into a villian well enough.

She seemed "normal" during the assault on Chochlea and i even wanted to root for her then during her capture. But immediately afterward she starts raping corpses all the while still claiming that she's in love. I don't get her character arc outside of being pure schizophrenia madness

Voror

That's what i'm afraid of. I don't know if Ishida would just off Touka at this point despite her bedrock position in the franchise, but i hope these flags are just kinda for tension's sake and not indicative of anything. It would probably put me off the manga to have Touka end up with the love of her life and have a kid just to die immediately afterward just for some forced shock value.

I don't think Urie will die here, but i don't know where Saiko is. I forget who said it but they were right when they said CCG was basically over as soon as Furuta gained power...i know there will be defections and people going rogue, but it will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I get it, Mutsuki has a horrible past, fine....but so do plenty of other people in this series. She's just too over the top and i don't think Ishida really developed her into a villian well enough.

She seemed "normal" during the assault on Chochlea and i even wanted to root for her then during her capture. But immediately afterward she starts raping corpses all the while still claiming that she's in love. I don't get her character arc outside of being pure schizophrenia madness

It's kind of been my worry as well with things. I don't generally consider anyone safe in this series. This is likely a dumb reason, but killing Touka almost feels like too obvious a path to take with all this. That said I could see the baby getting born and then both Kaneki and her die, which leaves the baby an orphan. That feels like something this series would pull. Maybe Hinami and Ayato live and raise it.

Also, Tsukiyama's dad is still alive, right? We saw him at the end of that arc in the van and then he just vanished. Same with Hori.

Yeah I'd be surprised if he died here at this point. I keep wondering if Juuzou and Saiko are going to jump in as back up. I believe that was Ui which is funny since right now he seems to just be going along with it. I don't see it happening but it would be funny if Aura's aunt wasn't cool with this.

I'm not really sure what's up with her either in terms of what Ishida is going for. I thought Mutsuki might possibly be a sort of mirror for Kaneki in the first series since there's also kidnapping and torture. Only unlike Kaneki, Mutsuki just went off the deep end. Except they already showed that she was nuts with murdering her family and that it was just repressed.

I keep going back and forth whether the reveal she was in love with Kaneki came out of nowhere or not. I also have no idea what exactly she wants to do with him. Just kill him?

phaze

This Roma stuff is out of left field sadly. And it requires her getting caught for kicks at least once if not twice. Meh. And how come Cochlea didn't liquidate her during her stay ?

The Oggais getting suddenly white hair is just
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

lmao Roma being the founder and is 51 years old, well at least that's something about her that's interesting even when no one in the clowns gives a shit about her, I still want to know the origin with her and Donato seeing that they might've been the earliest members and Donato was caught a decade ago when Amon was still a teenager and Urie was still a kid. Also she's old enough to be around when the last one eyed was.

This bit surprised me. Wasn't the og OEG supposed to be 100 hundred years ago ?

Anteater

Yea it was on a break last week, this week's came out early though but by another translation group.

136:
Fucking Ui...

I'd be disappointed if Hirako or the 0 Squad couldn't block that attack...

So... is that kid's kagune Noro/Eto's? or did Furuta figure out a way to evolve them into one.

Love the panels with Shirazu, is Urie gonna turn into Titan form next chapter :p? If Suzuya don't join anytime soon it's going to be pretty one sided unless there's a lot of ass pull on the ghoul side :lol

This bit surprised me. Wasn't the og OEG supposed to be 100 hundred years ago ?

hmm maybe there were 2, Eto said the CCG was created 100 years ago in response to the appearance of an OEG, I wouldn't be surprised the underground one that almost wiped out the CCG was a new one, can't imagine no OEG appeared for the past 100 years

Yea it was on a break last week, this week's came out early though but by another translation group.

hmm maybe there were 2, Eto said the CCG was created 100 years ago in response to the appearance of an OEG, I wouldn't be surprised the underground one that almost wiped out the CCG was a new one, can't imagine no OEG appeared for the past 100 years

Made me really miss Shirazu :(

Urie is definitely gonna cannibalize his way out. He got absolutely wrecked here, and with Donato. He can't catch a break!

Kyuur

A couple of thoughts rereading:

Oggai kid says he's figured out how Hinami's kagune works but I don't think she's revealed her second type yet. If he gets past 0 Squad I assume this'll bite him in the ass.

Does Iwai escape while Urie is getting eaten? He mysteriously disappears. Also can we talk about how much of a beast he has been, fighting off this tier of opponent without a proper weapon.

Mifec

Scientists baffled by this man's ability to constantly job.

Hope he eats his way out of Roma and kills her and Rio

Kyuur

Furuta fans RIP.

They gave a special to Roma's head "decaying" or something. Safe to say its a Clown clone of some sort, especially because the other one escaped.

Glad Urie finally got a "win" at least.

Anteater

yooo taking out a SSS rank ghoul, Urie for chairman, I hope Roma don't return, and the decaying is just her "aging" or some shit, she suck, that shadow clone shit is lame

good to see the whole chapter focusing on this side, so Marude returning? Not sure if Furuta will be taken out yet since there's that whole dragon thing, we're approaching the end tho. They still need to explain what the hell happened on that boat lol

and I feel like Hide is probably going to show up in the sewers...

Crying atm. I called it! He's finally back!!!!!!!

Really sad that Hide's face is probably badly disfigured, and his vocal cords damaged to the point that he can't even speak anymore. Kaneki will be happy to know he's alive, but will feel very guilty.

This also confirms that Hide is not a Washuu. His face did not regenerate.

Anteater

omg chapter finally out

aww shit, the time has come

lmao matsuri still alive

so scarecrow really can't talk
most likely got messed up by ken in the sewer :(

also furuta's kagune looks terrifying, jesus

Kyuur

Fuuuuck. What a good chapter. Marude da god and Furuta is actually back to being a good villain for once. I'm sad Iwao went out but he was a beast. Glad Matsuri is back too, interesting development that he is actually siding with Marude despite his father's death.

Hide being Scarecrow is so fucking good. I need to go back and reread all the instances with him. It makes perfect fucking sense he'd be in cahoots with Marude too.

Crying atm. I called it! He's finally back!!!!!!!

Really sad that Hide's face is probably badly disfigured, and his vocal cords damaged to the point that he can't even speak anymore. Kaneki will be happy to know he's alive, but will feel very guilty.

This also confirms that Hide is not a Washuu. His face did not regenerate.

I'm not so sure about that. He managed to sit in with a huge group of ghouls at the auction without being sniffed (literally) out. He could have been a failed offspring or something.

Anteater

ok wait

I thought Matsuri wanted to kill Marude? I guess Furuta is a big enough problem for them to work together.

well we don't know who exactly killed his dad, Matsuri just blamed him at the time because Marude was involved

Fuuuuck. What a good chapter. Marude da god and Furuta is actually back to being a good villain for once. I'm sad Iwao went out but he was a beast. Glad Matsuri is back too, interesting development that he is actually siding with Marude despite his father's death.

Hide being Scarecrow is so fucking good. I need to go back and reread all the instances with him. It makes perfect fucking sense he'd be in cahoots with Marude too.

I'm not so sure about that. He managed to sit in with a huge group of ghouls at the auction without being sniffed (literally) out. He could have been a failed offspring or something.

Hide knew about the scent thing, he wore ghoul clothing to get close to the ghouls in TG, but yeah the dude actually blocked a dagger from Juuzou with his book in that arc, still hope he's not a washuu though

edit: this is relevant if hide really got messed up by Ken

Kyuur

Lmao, I hadn't seen those strips before. Too good.

You are right about the scent thing, forgot. It's possible that someone saved him with ghoul surgery ala Kaneki after that incident?

There's still so much to be answered and we're only 5 chapters away from a potential ending for :re. They could probably wrap up the Yoriko rescue and the assault on Ward 24 in that time and leave us with a cliffhanger regarding all this and whatever Ayato and co. are going to discover in the depths. I'm not sure I'm ready for a break to get the sequel though.

Anteater

yeah there are a lot of things to wrap up, but not enough for them to be in a sequel, most of them are pretty minor, so I hope he's not trying to end it in 5 chapters and is just doing an extra arc.

the ayato part and the underground stuff is weird though, I could see that being planned for a sequel with new characters

edit: weird, are there more chapters per volume for :re? it seems that ch138 will be in vol 13, there were 14 volumes for TG. So we might actually still be 14 chapters (or more) away from the ending if Ishida is ending it at vol14. Will Hide be finally getting his own cover? Possibly the last volume? :p

Yomo hasn't gotten his own cover either, maybe he'll get volume 13's
because he's gonna die.

Strimei

Ok, y'know what, I like Marude.

This manga really does keep making me go from "I hate this guy" to "I LIKE this guy!" Nishiki, Urie, now Marude.

I can't imagine we're that close to the end though, unless it is indeed going to go to another series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom