• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Ok, y'know what, I like Marude.

This manga really does keep making me go from "I hate this guy" to "I LIKE this guy!" Nishiki, Urie, now Marude.

I can't imagine we're that close to the end though, unless it is indeed going to go to another series.

he also made us hate a character like Mutsuki incredibly quickly

Anteater

Touka gets to fight the worst boss lol

I guess it would be interesting to see if Suzuya will kill those ghouls that can't fight. Also Urie's event happened 6hours ago, I wonder what they're up to now.

Mutsuki is nuts, I don't know what Ishida will do with her, if Yomo dies here I hope he at least get to hurt those 2 enough. So Suzuya is the new Arima guarding the exit.

Also Ken was "killed" in chapter 140 of TG, how fitting.

Touka gets to fight the worst boss lol

I guess it would be interesting to see if Suzuya will kill those ghouls that can't fight. Also Urie's event happened 6hours ago, I wonder what they're up to now.

Mutsuki is nuts, I don't know what Ishida will do with her, if Yomo dies here I hope he at least get to hurt those 2 enough. So Suzuya is the new Arima guarding the exit.

I think Urie, Hide, Maruade will arrive with the ancient ghouls that attacked Ayato earlier as back up. Ishida did a recent illustration of Hide with 3 dots. The same 3 dots as the ghouls from underground. Meaning Hide is from the underground.

Anteater

I think Urie, Hide, Maruade will arrive with the ancient ghouls that attacked Ayato earlier as back up. Ishida did a recent illustration of Hide with 3 dots. The same 3 dots as the ghouls from underground. Meaning Hide is from the underground.

I still don't know where Ishida is going with the underground stuff, and the gigantic city size kagune thing which I assume was the Naaga (serpent), Furuta also named the final boss Dragon "In honor of his Washuu roots".

I also wonder if Amon joined up with Marude, I can't imagine Amon not appearing again with Takizawa at some point, dude still hasn't returned that necklace lol

Been looking up all the theories on the internet and came across this =o

YBjfRtb.png

Kyuur

Finally Suzuya is here. Interested to see what he'll do; I guess he is the parallel to Arima's appearance.

With the specification that the events in the tower occurred 6 hours ago, this is pretty likely.

Good catch on the dots!

Anteater

possibilities at the underground:

- Ayato with backups at Touka's
- If Yomo is going to die here I hope Uta appear for shits and giggles and to troll Mutsuki, I personally want this because I really want a closure between these 2 dudes and it would be fun
- Hide actually planned to help Ken and arrive with/or sent reinforcement at e14
- Suzuya decided to join the ghoul's side

things that need to be resolved:

- Furuta's final boss "dragon" (probably Norofied Shirazu/Hairu), and the Qs
- Amon and Donato
- Underground shit, V, and the history of Washuu
- Hide and Ken
- Nishino Kimi and Kanou, I presumed Kimi has communication with Hide, given that they should know each other being at the same school and also both friends of a ghoul, Kimi likely provide Hide with intels of the whereabouts of Aogiri/Kanou's location, only explanation why Hide/Scarecrow knew where Amon/Aogiri was

Kyuur

There's just no way they can resolve everything with this arc. I'd be surprised if they could even with one extra.

There's always the possibility that some of these are just never resolved either (like Washuu / V / underground history) and left open, since they're not really essential to the primary plot.

- If Yomo is going to die here I hope Uta appear for shits and giggles and to troll Mutsuki, I personally want this because I really want a closure between these 2 dudes and it would be fun
- Hide actually planned to help Ken and arrive with/or sent reinforcement at e14

- Amon and Donato
- Hide and Ken
- Nishino Kimi and Kanou, I presumed Kimi has communication with Hide, given that they should know each other being at the same school and also both friends of a ghoul, Kimi likely provide Hide with intels of the whereabouts of Aogiri/Kanou's location, only explanation why Hide/Scarecrow knew where Amon was
I definitely feel like Suzuya will at least be sympathetic to the ghouls at this point. He may let them go after hearing them out and feeling the the CCG is off.

Mifec

- Amon and Donato
- Hide and Ken
- Nishino Kimi and Kanou, I presumed Kimi has communication with Hide, given that they should know each other being at the same school and also both friends of a ghoul, Kimi likely provide Hide with intels of the whereabouts of Aogiri/Kanou's location, only explanation why Hide/Scarecrow knew where Amon/Aogiri was
I don't even know about Uta anymore, he's been lying to Touka and Yomo that he does not know what the clowns are up to(chap 31.5) even though he's been pretty tied up with it for most of part 2 and gave direct support to Furuta.
There's just no way they can resolve everything with this arc. I'd be surprised if they could even with one extra.

There's always the possibility that some of these are just never resolved either (like Washuu / V / underground history) and left open, since they're not really essential to the primary plot.
Ayato exploring it made it a primary plot point though. I expect it to have at least a chap or two dedicated to some underground backstory.

Anteater

Yeah the Washuu / V stuff might actually be left open, if Ishida wants to do a 3rd series, but I think the rest will be resolved, like I said we're still probably about 14 chapters before the end of volume 14, so plenty enough time to deal with the clowns/furuta

I definitely feel like Suzuya will at least be sympathetic to the ghouls at this point. He may let them go after hearing them out and feeling the the CCG is off.

his team is definitely on Urie's side since they were on the same page, I just hope he cares enough to connect the dots and to not follow orders, Hinami is right there who basically was the reason Sasaki gone rogue, and I'm pretty sure Suzuya knew Ken and Sasaki are the same person, Touka's group is full of children and ghouls who can't fight too

Anteater

I don't even know about Uta anymore, he's been lying to Touka and Yomo that he does not know what the clowns are up to(chap 31.5) even though he's been pretty tied up with it for most of part 2 and gave direct support to Furuta.

Ayato exploring it made it a primary plot point though. I expect it to have at least a chap or two dedicated to some underground backstory.

We know Uta gave support to Furuta just to watch the world burn like the rest of the clowns, and it's likely also true he doesn't know what the boss of the clowns wanted to do (I don't even know if he's talking about Donato or not), but he still said "Ken is my special customer" when he had that conversation with Yomo (or was it Touka?) so I still have hopes Uta is different than the rest of the clowns and he could help either side

Nico is the same too, she hid a few things from Souta and everyone in the clowns seem to operate individually

phaze

These attempts at being humorous kinda get on my nerves, now Mutsuki, earlier Matsuri and Furuta it just deflates any tension, ruins characters in an exchange for unfunny parodies or jokes.

• Yomo better not die. Don't see why the cray, cray duo should be too much to him
  • wtf at the last narrator's note.
  • Suzuya will do nothing to Touka
  • I told you people Hide is alive.

Mifec

These attempts at being humorous kinda get on my nerves, now Mutsuki, earlier Matsuri and Furuta it just deflates any tension, ruins characters in an exchange for unfunny parodies or jokes.

• Yomo better not die. Don't see why the cray, cray duo should be too much to him
  • wtf at the last narrator's note.
  • Suzuya will do nothing to Touka
  • I told you people Hide is alive.

But it's a perfect representation of how messed up she is. Doesn't ruin anything.

Kyuur

I don't see how Mutsuki has been humorous at all. She's just been messed up.

The aloof characters have been around forever too. Suzuya was always like that, still is to an extent but less so since the end of the TG. Nico, Tsukiyama, and others as well. Its okay to dislike it but its not some new trend for the series' characters.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I want suzuya to join ghouls side, but then why would he throw a knife at touka??

Anteater

I want suzuya to join ghouls side, but then why would he throw a knife at touka??

suzuya usually aim for the face on his first shot so either touka has as big of a plot armor as the arata or suzuya isn't going to kill her

honestly i don't think touka is going to die, the whole premise of TG is that whole cycle of revenge, ken/touka and their child is going to survive to break that cycle, except Ken is going to die young either way

maaan, since suzuya has arata armor she's basically fighting her dad lmao

suzuya usually aim for the face on his first shot so either touka has as big of a plot armor as the arata or suzuya isn't going to kill her

honestly i don't think touka is going to die, the whole premise of TG is that whole cycle of revenge, ken/touka and their child is going to survive to break that cycle, except Ken is going to die young either way

maaan, since suzuya has arata armor she's basically fighting her dad lmao

Will we ever see Arata? Poor guy.

phaze

But it's a perfect representation of how messed up she is. Doesn't ruin anything.

I don't see how Mutsuki has been humorous at all. She's just been messed up.

The aloof characters have been around forever too. Suzuya was always like that, still is to an extent but less so since the end of the TG. Nico, Tsukiyama, and others as well. Its okay to dislike it but its not some new trend for the series' characters.

"With emotions I will surpass experience" and the way its said/shown doesn't struck you as humorous at all ? For me, even the degree of her obsession is so "anime" that I can't take it seriously. With scenes like Furuta's mock shounen flashback to his parents [starring Kanou&Madam A(?)] or Matsuri's out of nowhere dive appearance, this reads more like a series of comedic skits sometimes. Yes there was such (bad) humour before with Tsukiyama or Naki but it was absent when shit was going down and demanded more somber mood.

---

Also goddamn, I always do have it in the back of my mind but still, the difference between the normal and HQ versions is staggering. In the former, all that hard work Ishida puts into gentle hatching/shading is just full black lines making it look like scribbles on peoples faces or something.

Anteater

So Touka was visiting Shinohara at the hospital, would suck if Suzuya and Touka are still going to kill each other.

It doesn't look like Ken is going to go back any time soon, unless Touka gets out and find him, even then everyone is dying quickly, so Ayato will have to come help, now that we see Furuta at the sewers, Hide arriving could be a possibility, but it sounds it's a secret mission only the Suzuya squad/0 squad knows about, although it's possible Suzuya might've leaked that info to Urie.

RIP Naki, one of my favorite characters :'(

Kyuur

Kind of a meh chapter to me; Naki and Miza never really grew on me. Although I guess it parallels to Ape and Black Dog (whose actual names I can't even remember) and how little of a shit I gave about them in the original around this time :lol: Doesn't help they're fighting nameless fodder either.

The last panel with Suzuya's squad moving forward doesn't give me confidence. I guess Touka leaving flowers for Shinohara was some form of moving on in regards to her father? A sign that she'd moved on from her hatred.

Crackpot theory on "Dragon": The meatwalls of the 24th ward are part of a massive Kagune and the bloodshed there will awaken it.

Anteater

So Naki died in the last panel? It looks like he got hit in the head but that's it.

They chopped off his Kagune so he can't defend himself, and they were still attacking him, probably dead, I wonder if Miza will survive or die with him....

I'm wondering how much Suzuya knows about Touka/Shinohara, I just remember all three of them met at Anteiku in the original, Suzuya asked if she had vomited, and Shinohara thought she looked familiar, unless Suzuya bumped into her again in the hospital and knew she brought the flowers, I'm not sure if he could connect the dots or cared enough to, he still has no clear motivation to join the ghoul side but I guess it's still possible he planned to betray Furuta to begin with seeing how messed up the Oggais are.

I still wonder if Furuta being at the campus in TG was just a coincidence.

BigAl1992

Ch.141 for both fights I can best sum up as this; first fight, well, that's that problem taken care of. Second fight.... makes sense really that it was going to happen with all the hints ishida was leaving behind him, even though I don't think anyone really wanted that to happen.

There's 0 chance that she's dead. Unless we get a long, dramatic scene next chapter, she's going to live. I love TG but WAY too many people that should have been dead have been appearing all over. I can't wait to see Oomori coming back.

Resonance

There's 0 chance that she's dead. Unless we get a long, dramatic scene next chapter, she's going to live. I love TG but WAY too many people that should have been dead have been appearing all over. I can't wait to see Oomori coming back.

I'm 90% certain Ayato will arrive to save the day

Kyuur

God I hope she lives, Hinami's kagune is the coolest design in the series. I'd honestly not considered her dying here but the more I think about it I'd much rather have any of the other present cast die instead. She doesn't deserve it. :(

Mutsuki perhaps only permanently disfigured ala Kijima. Aura is probably dead (good riddance). Good job Yomo!

Anteater

oh no not Hinami, what're you doing Ishida

doesn't look like she's cut in half but that wound is hella deep :( Ayato is gonna be back any second now....

All this shit happening while Ayato is gone lol, his sister got married, gf and sister getting killed, and his other Aogiri buddies are dead

We all know
Aura and Mutsuki will get up and backstab Yomo T_T

Yeah I'm not sure if Mutsuki is really gone for good, she has too much plot armor and development, Aura could easily come back, Yasuhisa got her neck snapped and she shook it off like it's nothing

But finally a win for Yomo, dude took out Aura single handedly lmao

phaze

Christ I really thought this was it for Yomo.

I don't see any deaths from this chapter sticking. Mutsuki&Aura still have their plotlines unresolved, yeah that didn't stop Shirazu but neither their injuries ( I love you Yomo but couldn't you have like ... separate their heads from the rest) nor the manner in which they were offed (short, anitclimactic) give you the "they're kaput for good" vibe,especially in this manga. Hinami is kind of different in that she has mostly no outstanding stuff going on and just kind of is there but she's been a non-entity for a long while. If Ishida wanted a death with impact that doesn't seem like the way. But hey that didn't stop Naki apparently so maybe it's not another silly cliffhanger.

Anteater

I just hope that if Mutsuki/Aura survived they don't take out Yomo from the back or whatever, I don't mind them surviving but only if they don't undermine Yomo's accomplishment.

Someone said Mutsuki will survive by eating Aura and that's the kind of shit I'd like to see. I think she'll survive long enough to confront Urie. Aura is a piece of shit and deserved to have his neck snapped over and over until his aunt tell us what actually happened.

I really can't see Hinami dying because she's basically the youngest character around, and it would be too sudden if she dies now

edit: also Yomo deserve his own cover art Ishida, I mean Uta had one.... give him vol 13 and give Hide vol 14

"V" is Hide, and the original OEK imo. Furuta would't call Kaneki "V". It could also just be V for Victory because he baited Kaneki?

Never trust a Clown. Uta wouldn't hesitate to slit Yomo's throat in an instant. He showed his true colors at the end of TG. He is a piece of shit, but we will always love him.

Hinami loved Kaneki? Ayato just keeps losing LMAO

Anteater

the translation is a bit weird so i'm gonna wait for MS

Looks like Uta is here :p

Touka is really determined to live and save her child, damn, and Hinami is the best sis, pains me to watch her lose her leg while she still keep going, jeez

So Ken can't help himself and ended up turning back? lmao, Furuta seems to be expecting this, I don't understand what happened to the communications squad though, did they get taken out so that Ken was able to know something is off?

also the "have we met before" glare just like TG lol

also love knowing Hinami's perspective on how Ken changed from the day he saw her mother dies and the flashback on the day Ken left after the aogiri raid :(

Ken has the best bro, best sis, and the best wife, everyone cares for him more than he expected at the end (there's also Eto and Arima even though they sorta beat the shit out of him)

the translation is a bit weird so i'm gonna wait for MS

Looks like Uta is here :p

Touka is really determined to live and save her child, damn, and Hinami is the best sis, pains me to watch her lose her leg while she still keep going, jeez

So Ken can't help himself and ended up turning back? lmao, Furuta seems to be expecting this, I don't understand what happened to the communications squad though, did they get taken out so that Ken was able to know something is off?

also the "have we met before" glare just like TG lol

also love knowing Hinami's perspective on how Ken changed from the day he saw her mother dies and the flashback on the day Ken left after the aogiri raid :(

Ken has the best bro, best sis, and the best wife, everyone cares for him more than he expected at the end (there's also Eto and Arima even though they sorta beat the shit out of him)
Regarding your last paragraph, it's just tough love. They will forever be the best in my heart.

phaze

RIP
Ape&Dog

Won't lie, got worried over Hinami but Ishida chickened out again, bless him.

Really liked the character work for Hinami&Yomo or even Kaneki here. The former two go long patches of time with little of time devoted to them but with insights into Hinami's state of mind, her outlook on life or her feelings and guilt over Kaneki, callbacks to Yomo's life philosophy from Anteiku raid and now his deliberate abandonment of it (holy mother of all deathflags) or pointing out the start of Kaneki's journey as Hinami's moms death I'm reminded why I love these characters and their 285 long, still well planned, journey.

Still, I hate those awful cliffhangers, I hate those repeated narrator lines possibly even more, start getting tired of baiting with character deaths and last minute saves or Hinami/Touka always getting wrecked and saved.

Never trust a Clown. Uta wouldn't hesitate to slit Yomo's throat in an instant. He showed his true colors at the end of TG. He is a piece of shit, but we will always love him.

Uta hasn't even really done anything to wrong Kaneki yet. Directly at least. And he has multiple lines across the series that imo point out he cares, well to an extent. But he prefers mostly to position himself in the role of observer.
Cause he's the jaded,
original OEG from 100 years ago.

Uta hasn't even really done anything to wrong Kaneki yet. Directly at least. And he has multiple lines across the series that imo point out he cares, well to an extent. But he prefers mostly to position himself in the role of observer.
Cause he's the jaded,
original OEG from 100 years ago.

Uta is quite evil. Look at who he associates with, and that flashback chapter of him in his early days show him to be a merciless savage. I have always had a big theory that the One Eyed Ghoul who attacked Yasuhisa's parents over 10 years ago was Uta.

Sj09f8v.png

Hahah maybe. I think there will big twist with Uta, at the very least.

Mortemis

Banned
Man I fell for this shit so bad. The whole "hero makes a last second appearance saving x" doesn't do much for me but I've never felt more relieved in a manga than when Ken showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom