• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Gvitor

Chapter 3 dungeon

Loving
Eleonora
so far. But damn, I have like 3 or 4 weapons piling up for Touma to master and I didn't manage to get the components for any of her weapons. Ended up having to use my Macca converter on her just to keep her on the battlefield.

I wish we could switch Itsuki out of the main cast. He's just overshadowing everyone in regards to lvs and weapon mastery...

Stuart444

There is some things I wish this game had.

Like skipping sessions (since we can already skip special moves but sessions take up the most time in battle and all so skipping animations would speed things up)

Also the ability to go to the town map from places other than the streets. Like inside Fortuna or other places or even the bloom palace (hell, I wish we could enter it from the map rather than going through Fortuna)

Anyway At Chapter 5 now. :D

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I love the optional DLC dungeons that help out grinding.

Like all JRPGs need that...seriously.

Completely agreed. It makes the process of getting up to par when I'm behind so much faster. Esp. when I'm already 50 hours or so into the game and I'm just like "Fuck it, I need to just get a few quick levels and go,"

random25

Chapter 3 dungeon

Loving
Eleonora
so far. But damn, I have like 3 or 4 weapons piling up for Touma to master and I didn't manage to get the components for any of her weapons. Ended up having to use my Macca converter on her just to keep her on the battlefield.

I wish we could switch Itsuki out of the main cast. He's just overshadowing everyone in regards to lvs and weapon mastery...

Once you gain the ability to extend sessions with your sub cast, weapon mastery for all characters won't be a problem. Right now, I have Touma and Tsubasa way ahead of weapon mastery because they already have 3 more carnage weapons that the rest of them and all have mastery to the max. And I rarely use Touma in the main cast lol.

Level gap won't be much of a problem since Itsuki gets to slow his growth when he gets way ahead of everybody else. This enables everybody to catch up easily. He's only 1 level ahead of my 2nd highest leveled character, Kiria, and there was a time where he was 4 levels higher than everyone. You just need to sub out more frequently to balance out the leveling for everybody though.

SPCTRE

You can save whenever you want. In that respect it's much's less punishing than Persona games.
Yeah, it feels generous to me. Save early, save often.

I'm always angry when losing progress after forgetting to save for a while, but I also feel like I kinda deserved it.

Ladekabel

I mean yes technically, but your members will send you messages periodically reminding you that you have them. Hard to not remember.

And if their stage rank isn't high enough? I'm currently at the intermission between chapter 2 and 3. For Kiria and Tsubasa the PC tells me that I have to increase their stage rank in order to get their next mission. Do I have to grind that out now in the arena before I continue with chapter 3?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
And if their stage rank isn't high enough? I'm currently at the intermission between chapter 2 and 3. For Kiria and Tsubasa the PC tells me that I have to increase their stage rank in order to get their next mission. Do I have to grind that out now in the arena before I continue with chapter 3?
Sidequests are not missable; you can stack them all and do them before the final boss if you so wish.

Thoraxes

No.

While you don't have to do the sidequests right away, I would still recommend doing them whenever you're able or leveled up enough. Some of the special and ad-lib performances, duo arts, and Radiant skills they unlock are incredibly helpful (and in some cases pretty OP to be honest).

Ladekabel

Sidequests are not missable; you can stack them all and do them before the final boss if you so wish.

While you don't have to do the sidequests right away, I would still recommend doing them whenever you're able or leveled up enough. Some of the special and ad-lib performances, duo arts, and Radiant skills they unlock are incredibly helpful (and in some cases pretty OP to be honest).

Sidequests get locked out after you beat the final boss. Anytime before that it's good.

Thanks to you all.

I have two more questions:

1st: I unlocked Open Audition for Kiria. When do I get it for the others? Through side missions, too?

2nd: Kirias black magic kicks ass so far. Is there a reason to kick her out of the team and not have her the cat suit equipped?

Thanks to you all.

I have two more questions:

1st: I unlocked Open Audition for Kiria. When do I get it for the others? Through side missions, too?

2nd: Kirias black magic kicks ass so far. Is there a reason to kick her out of the team and not have her the cat suit equipped?

1: Raise your stage ranks and progress through the story. I forget if they needed extra Performas (I don't think they do), but different characters need different prestiges (usually from the chapter after you get them).

2: You're never really kicking people out of the team since switching is generally free, but keeping her out there against her weaknesses isn't usually a good idea.

Also unless you upped her speed if you want to keep proc'ing Pastel Power, it's probably better to start her off on the bench so a faster character can get their turn and switch with her

SPCTRE

Also unless you upped her speed if you want to keep proc'ing Pastel Power, it's probably better to start her off on the bench so a faster character can get their turn and switch with her
would you say it's generally a good idea when running around in a dungeon (I mean where you don't know what particular enemies/resitances you're up against) to have your starting lineup be as fast as possible at all times?

Curufinwe

I died to a Touma side story boss, and it asked me if I wanted to drop down to "Friendly" difficulty.

I reloaded, leveled up once, and then was able to beat the boss.

would you say it's generally a good idea when running around in a dungeon (I mean where you don't know what particular enemies/resitances you're up against) to have your starting lineup be as fast as possible at all times?

I mean, it wouldn't hurt. The only real downside I can think of would be that session priorities start with the Main Cast which could limit some sessions

explodet

I'm in the final chapter, taking my time. I'll probably have thoughts on the game once I'm done.

I died to a Touma side story boss, and it asked me if I wanted to drop down to "Friendly" difficulty.

I reloaded, leveled up once, and then was able to beat the boss.
I haven't gotten one of those prompts since Devil May Cry. I hung my head in shame, and then did pretty much what you did.

Why is mamori so fucking awful?
In my run, early on she can't do elemental weakness for crap, and has a limited range of weapons. The protection is nice but random. And you've gone through the game so far without the axe to spear weakness so it's not a huge advantage gained.

For me later on she hits like a truck on the physical side. Still a bit weak on the elemental side, though that may have been me fumbling skills.

mrmickfran

Why is mamori so fucking awful?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices.

Why the hell am I stuck with Media near endgame?

Why have Tetrakarn when she barely has any EP?

WHY WOULD YOU JUMP IN AND BLOCK AN ATTACK FOR AN ELEMENT THAT YOU'RE WEAK AGAINST AND FOR SOMEONE WHO WOULDN'T TAKE MUCH DAMAGE

Meier

I can't seem to find out the cost of the DLC online -- the website just provides info but I don't see a price anywhere. Curious what these extra dungeons cost. Thanks!

p.s. I love Mamori! Wish her auto block would work a little more often though. It's clutch.

I can't seem to find out the cost of the DLC online -- the website just provides info but I don't see a price anywhere. Curious what these extra dungeons cost. Thanks!

p.s. I love Mamori! Wish her auto block would work a little more often though. It's clutch.
If i remember correctly it was 4.99 for all three. I didn't buy it though.

Seik

Banned
I'm heading very cautiously to Best Buy to try and get my copy that was blocked since it was on an old E3 pre-order with Futureshop and was on a old credit card.

I really hope the game is worth it, all the J-Pop turned me off at first but I managed to like P3/4 so I guess that if the RPG parts are legit good I could enjoy it.

LayLa

finished this yesterday, 58 hours on Hard.
really enjoyed it, people compare it to Persona but I felt it was closer to Digital Devil Saga in structure etc. just a lot happier!
didn't like the jpop songs that much but the environmental & battle music was some of Atlus's finest
might be one of my fav ensemble casts in a jrpg, i liked every character especially Kiria & Eleonora, and it was a treat to hear Tharja giggling creepily again fufufu

Kookos

Oh man, that was one great game. Took me 88 hours on normal and I really enjoyed my stay.

If we ever get a sequel to this, I'd like to skip some of the Sessions animations. I mean, I found myself more than often browsing my phone while the battle went on.
Oh, and some PoR/RD Mirages would be awesome. :)

lazytiger

Neo Member
Agreed about skippable sessions. That was probably my single biggest gripe with the game.

And while I don’t think there’s much hope for a sequel, I’d really love to see one.

I personally enjoyed the 'Tokyo Mirage Sessions' side of the game enough for it to work without the #FE if Nintendo they weren't interested in being involved anymore. The mirages don’t necessarily need to be Fire Emblem characters and could just be original creations. Or perhaps source characters from other Atlus games?

OR they could do a turn it into a franchise that collabs with other RPG series. Imagine Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FF with Cloud instead of Chrom :D

Whizkid7

Just finished Tiki's last sidequest.
Not only was I laughing my ass off at who the boss was but JGDKLVLH:SBC OH GOD I MELTED DURING THAT SONG AND THE WHOLE EPILOGUE.

Going through the trials now and
it sorta bugs me that Chrom recognizes Marth's name but Caeda doesn't.

muteki

I just started what I believe to be the last dungeon. Mid~upper level 50s.

Was expecting to need to grind for a bit as I haven't really all game but the last few boss/mid-bosses were relatively straightforward.

Stuart444

Well I finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions with the true end and all.

Great game, really enjoyed it. My biggest complaint is the non-skippable animations from enemies like the final boss and the sessions.

Final boss
was tough, almost lost because he started spamming an attack (and would occasional session with himself using energy drain) and I had trouble keeping the healing up. I also hoped he wouldn't have a second form since his first form was tough enough. At least he didn't have any other enemies with him in his second form.

Also side note: I fucking HATE that duo skills never seem to proc when you need them. >_<

Still all in all, loved the game. Really enjoyed it

cand

So I finished the game today... I really didn't like the final chapters and I was having a blast before...

The shadow dragon and the opera thing were very weak as a plot and the 'everybody loves itsuki' thing was kinda stupid. Also Itsuki as president of Fortuna? Srsly... he is like... 18. I don't know... things were cool before but everything about the ending left me bitter

Ulysses 31

The shadow dragon and the opera thing were very weak as a plot and the 'everybody loves itsuki' thing was kinda stupid. Also Itsuki as president of Fortuna? Srsly... he is like... 18. I don't know... things were cool before but everything about the ending left me bitter

There's only so much optimism and happiness a man can take.
>.>

Sölf

Well, after a few weeks of not playing, I startet it up again today. I was in the process of exploring the red barriers. I beat the "boss" in... I forgot all the names... the film studio (Daitama?). Went then to Daitou TV Station (I think... were this giant performa barrier is) and of course died after not having saved for an hour. I beat the boss again, created new weapons and will do that tomorrow. Fucking Savage enemies. :(

The game is still great though. I have ~40 hours now. How much longer is the game? I still have to visit the egg after this, I think.

Ulysses 31

Sölf;212609283 said:
The game is still great though. I have ~40 hours now. How much longer is the game? I still have to visit the egg after this, I think.

Still an entire new Idolasphere with familiar bosses waiting for you afterwards

Sölf;212609283 said:
Well, after a few weeks of not playing, I startet it up again today. I was in the process of exploring the red barriers. I beat the "boss" in... I forgot all the names... the film studio (Daitama?). Went then to Daitou TV Station (I think... were this giant performa barrier is) and of course died after not having saved for an hour. I beat the boss again, created new weapons and will do that tomorrow. Fucking Savage enemies. :(

2 more dungeons

Astral Dog

about the accessories, what do you guys recommend?
the best defense? skill? one thing the character is best on, or weaker?

im still not sure how these things balance out or what are more important in battle

im still not sure how these things balance out or what are more important in battle

Usually the ones with the best armor. More often than not the character-specific ones are just fine.

Although for me I think I used an accessory that upped Kiria's speed for a while. By the end game I was using people's best character-specific accessories. Maybe more of a Str boost for Itsuki?

Astral Dog

Usually the ones with the best armor. More often than not the character-specific ones are just fine.

Although for me I think I used an accessory that upped Kiria's speed for a while. By the end game I was using people's best character-specific accessories. Maybe more of a Str boost for Itsuki?
Itsuki is actually the easier one to figure out, his unique accessory boost almost everything. :3
some characters likeKiria and Tsubasa go down easily so im not sure if its worth to change for a few more Def points over their strong skills, even if it won't make much difference

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed is all you need.

mstevens

So I just beat the
2nd elevator boss in the final dungeon
how many more floors / puzzles are there to go? Are the next ones tricky, because I'm getting a little tired trying to puzzle solve with these shadows spawning every few seconds.

So I just beat the
2nd elevator boss in the final dungeon
how many more floors / puzzles are there to go? Are the next ones tricky, because I'm getting a little tired trying to puzzle solve with these shadows spawning every few seconds.

I think there are 5.

Was expecting a darker, coherent tone to the narrative, as strong as Persona's. I am on chapter 2, but I don't expect the anime clichés to stop. It feels effortless.

The battle system and mechanics are amazing though.

Soul Lab

on my 2nd playthrough. Question about doing all the requests. I heard on the 2nd run there are two more requests
which lead to the optional boss
Do I have to do all the requests? Even the ones from the masked hee ho mart girl?

Top Bottom