• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
on my 2nd playthrough. Question about doing all the requests. I heard on the 2nd run there are two more requests
which lead to the optional boss
Do I have to do all the requests? Even the ones from the masked hee ho mart girl?
All the requests for what? You only need to do the 2 new ones to get what you are seeking.

Soul Lab

All the requests for what? You only need to do the 2 new ones to get what you are seeking.

ah nice. didn't know that. do you know when they are available?
I noticed my adlib skills are gone. Does that mean I have to do the side quests again for the skills? god I hope not

btw for theachievements. do the hee ho girl requests count? I'm asking because they can be done multiple times

imae

The final boss fight must have taken me 1.5hrs+ playing on hard, good fun though! -
Mamori's tanking abilities
and
Kiria's Seal
skill helped a lot.

Considering a second play-through on lunatic ng+ but having to level everything up again is a little daunting, especially the carnage weapons. How is the EXP/Mastery DLC?, does it make things too easy and break progression?. I may just rush through on hard with gear/levels kept to experience the new content ng+ has to offer.

just enjoy the game guys...
and don't bother with hard mode unless you're really want to spend a lot of time raging at rng during boss battle at later chapters
:^)

I didn't really find rng a problem in this game, the bosses seemed like they generally cycled through skills or used them under certain conditions. The difficulty felt really good on hard, when I took a risk or tried to rush things I would usually pay the price. Maybe I got lucky... and I did spend a bit of time grinding at the arena (level 62-64 at final boss).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
ah nice. didn't know that. do you know when they are available?
I noticed my adlib skills are gone. Does that mean I have to do the side quests again for the skills? god I hope not

btw for theachievements. do the hee ho girl requests count? I'm asking because they can be done multiple times
First one is available in the tutorial dungeon and spans to last dungeon. Second can be attained after beating that mission. Yes you need to do the side quests again for all ad lib and duo skills. You only need to do hee hos once.

The final boss fight must have taken me 1.5hrs+ playing on hard, good fun though! -
and
Kiria's Seal
skill helped a lot.

I was afraid to try using
seal because I was worried the Shadow Dragon might be immune to status effects.
Instead I got through
by attacking with every one when I could but most rounds having Itsuki and Ellie using heals or defensive buffs while Korra kept hitting him with Bufudyne. I did have to bring Mamori in for defensive help in one of the last few rounds too.

and
Kiria's Seal
skill helped a lot.

I was afraid to try using
seal because I was worried the Shadow Dragon might be immune to status effects.
Instead I got through
by attacking with every one when I could but most rounds having Itsuki and Ellie using heals or defensive buffs while Korra kept hitting him with Bufudyne. I did have to bring Mamori in for defensive help in one of the last few rounds too.
Pastel Power is fine for the adds because you want to manage damage coming in. In second phase I eventually fell back to using a party of Itsuki, Tsubasa and Touma:

Itsuki: Charge -> Wyrmslayer w/ some Naga's Blessing
Tsubasa: Mediarahan, buff/debuffs or clap track
Touma: Charge -> Piercing Void

Took a while to settle in while playing on Hard but I ended the game with this setup. I think I had some clutch duo arts proc as well.

Pastel Power is fine for the adds because you want to manage damage coming in. In second phase I eventually fell back to using a party of Itsuki, Tsubasa and Touma:

Itsuki: Charge -> Wyrmslayer w/ some Naga's Blessing
Tsubasa: Mediarahan, buff/debuffs or clap track
Touma: Charge -> Piercing Void

Took a while to settle in while playing on Hard but I ended the game with this setup. I think I had some clutch duo arts proc as well.

I was incredibly unlucky with duo arts against the final boss. I didn't have any on the first phase and might have had one on the second. Still made it through on hard on my first try since I was a little over leveled for it.

My lineup was
Itsuki: Defensive buff/new SP ability/healing items/clap - Wyrmslayer when those weren't needed
Ellie: Healing items/offensive buffs - Heavy Bow attacks when they weren't needed
Kiria: Increase magic attack => heavy ice magic

Gvitor

Alright, can someone point me in the right direction to find (ch3 intermission spoilers)
Ellie in her sidequest?

I've searched everywhere... It's after
we talk to her in the hee-hoo mart.

Frimaire

Alright, can someone point me in the right direction to find (ch3 intermission spoilers)
Ellie in her sidequest?

I've searched everywhere... It's after
we talk to her in the hee-hoo mart.

If I recall correctly,
She's in Hee-Ho mart, then the cafe in Shibuya, then Decarabia.

Gvitor

If I recall correctly,
She's in Hee-Ho mart, then the cafe in Shibuya, then Decarabia.

The cafe was the first place I actually went, since she said "a good place for dates" and "I'm thirsty", but she wasn't outside or inside? Do I actually have to order something? I'm going back there...

EDIT:
Ordering something didn't do the trick, but when I went back outside she popped in... Thanks anyway!

//ARCANUM

So I haven't played this in a couple weeks and I'm on the first chapter. I've been to the bloom palace before and it's telling me I should go there but I can remember or figure out how the hell to get to it. Also what am I supposed to do about this stupid maid puzzle?

Edit - oh it's in the stupid office lol. But yeah I don't know what to do with this maid puzzle. I've been to every floor multiple times.

kaitain19

So I haven't played this in a couple weeks and I'm on the first chapter. I've been to the bloom palace before and it's telling me I should go there but I can remember or figure out how the hell to get to it. Also what am I supposed to do about this stupid maid puzzle?

The bloom palace's entrance is the blue door at the right side of the Fortuna office.

Edit: whoops, too late.

//ARCANUM

The bloom palace's entrance is the blue door at the right side of the Fortuna office.

Edit: whoops, too late.

Lol thank you!

But yeah I can't figure out what to do with these maid arms that it wants me to do. I've visited every floor. I can't break open these doors..... what do I do?

Nvm, I didn't see this 4th floor door

Thud

Lol thank you!

But yeah I can't figure out what to do with these maid arms that it wants me to do. I've visited every floor. I can't break open these doors..... what do I do?

Nvm, I didn't see this 4th floor door

The map is really helpful. If you're stuck again try looking at it first.

th4tguy

I'm really interested in getting this. Currently in October month of p4 and I now have the itch.
Hesitant to pick this up on the off chance it comes to NX as I'm able to play handheld games much easier than console games (two very young kids).

random25

Just finished chapter 5 after getting some time off. That mastermind reveal was...pretty unsurprising lol. I just had the hunch and it turned out to be true.

The
Dark Yashiro
boss fight was pretty long. And I overleveled it by 5 levels. That hard difficulty is really living up to expectations. A few more sidequests to finish before I tackle the next chapter.

Whizkid7

Oof, Chapter 6 was the first time in a while I lost against a boss.

Gharnef is a dirty cheater with that AOE Almighty spell with potential stun AND the minions that can nuke you. Gonna have to keep focused on those minions.

I'm just done with the third dungeon, the boss was surprisingly easy compared to the mid-boss.

Game keeps delivering. I have to buy a new dress for Mamoris ASAP. The yellow thing looks horrendous.

Frimaire

Dumb question, but do the repeatable sidequests count towards this too?

You have to do all the side stories, not all the requests.
Just do all 3 for each character, they all have 3 little star icons in the "artists" screen to indicate if they are done.

Yo guys, just wondering how many chapters and hours it should take me to beat the game? I want to know since I only have 3 weeks before college and trying to budget my time as best I can to beat a few games :p

Ulysses 31

Yo guys, just wondering how many chapters and hours it should take me to beat the game? I want to know since I only have 3 weeks before college and trying to budget my time as best I can to beat a few games :p

On hard with all the side stories it can easily take 50+ hours to complete.

Frimaire

there's a prologue,
chapters, and an epilogue (no gameplay).
I finished hard difficulty at 78 hours, but I did pretty much everything that can be done in the first playthrough, plus some grinding.
I would agree that it's easily a 50+ hour game.

On hard with all the side stories it can easily take 50+ hours to complete.

there's a prologue,
chapters, and an epilogue (no gameplay).
I finished hard difficulty at 78 hours, but I did pretty much everything that can be done in the first playthrough, plus some grinding.
I would agree that it's easily a 50+ hour game.

Cool thanks for the info :3 I am currently playing on normal, at chapter 2 with ~8.5 hours so far.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oof, Chapter 6 was the first time in a while I lost against a boss.

Gharnef is a dirty cheater with that AOE Almighty spell with potential stun AND the minions that can nuke you. Gonna have to keep focused on those minions.

I died the first few times I fought that boss myself this past weekend, playing on Hard. Wasn't too bad once I decided to just go spam SP moves and Clap Tracks in-between dealing with the adds.

BOTEC

Finished it last night. 99h 16m on the clock. Damn good game. Not really sure why it took me that long, I never felt stuck or lost or anything. I probably took longer than usual in the first two dungeons however because I hadn't realized there was a mini map on the game pad.

Question about the ending.
I got the one where Itsuki becomes Fortuna's new CEO. Is there an alternative? Do I need to defeat the optional boss in the second playthrough to get it?

Also, is there really no movie viewer? Some of those cutscenes were pretty dope and I'd love to rewatch them again without having to hit up YouTube.

Finished it last night. 99h 16m on the clock. Damn good game. Not really sure why it took me that long, I never felt stuck or lost or anything. I probably took longer than usual in the first two dungeons however because I hadn't realized there was a mini map on the game pad.

Question about the ending.
I got the one where Itsuki becomes Fortuna's new CEO. Is there an alternative? Do I need to defeat the optional boss in the second playthrough to get it?

Also, is there really no movie viewer? Some of those cutscenes were pretty dope and I'd love to rewatch them again without having to hit up YouTube.
CEO Itsuki is the true ending. You get the other one by not completing all side stories and not talking to everyone in the epilogue.

Movie Viewer is in the Trophy case on NG+

Whizkid7

I died the first few times I fought that boss myself this past weekend, playing on Hard. Wasn't too bad once I decided to just go spam SP moves and Clap Tracks in-between dealing with the adds.

I actually took him down the second time without too much issue. I prioritized the summoned adds and got quite a few Ad-libs to kick in. Was one point where I thought I was gonna lose when one of the adds survived too long but luckily it chose not to use its super nuke.

Curufinwe

In Chapter 5 I have to go to Daiba and go thru rooms 1-10 in a certain order, but where is the memo the mirage is talking about? In my inventory somewhere?

vareon

Are 6-star prestiges supposed to be this hard to get? I just got to chapter 6 and enemies don't drop them much, while there's a shitload of Unity that Tiki never fails to remind me to perform.

Renewed

Are 6-star prestiges supposed to be this hard to get? I just got to chapter 6 and enemies don't drop them much, while there's a shitload of Unity that Tiki never fails to remind me to perform.

It seemed like there weren't much, but by the time I finished the game I had every Radiant Unity and some decent Carnages to end with. It's just that you're not likely to craft every single thing unless you just obsessively hunt down Prestiges and such.

Top Bottom