• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE review thread

Meesh

So, so disappointed I didn't preorder this. Reviews sound pretty solid, hopefully I get around to playing this one.

Thoraxes

How long is Best Buy's buy one, get one 20% off deal on video game cards going to?

Gonna buy digitally, I have some rewards money coming in soon. Can't find the deal's end date on the site.
You have till 12AM Sunday morning. Not sure about the timezone though.

I already stocked up for AA6 in September and ZTD next week on Steam.

Hell, I may go back for more Steam cards.

Feels good

013jslo.jpg

02w1sqw.jpg

05dtssc.jpg

I missed your pictures.

Vena

If I could I would, I want that sequel more than any game ever at this point. I love this game so mug! Although I did my best to buy as much of the games goods that we're on sale at the concert they did to show my support.

Well, on the plus side, our group is buying (with school funds, woo) ~15 copies all in all though a large part of them are as awards for the upcoming summer uni game tournie we'll be having with Smash, Kart, Pokken, etc.

I suspect some people will end up with a game they cannot play, haha.

There's still a chance

Nah, its over. Game is gone forever.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Interesting that very few reviews mentioned long load times - I wonder if reviewers got digital copies so it was a non issue for them.

I'm mostly curious, because when I was considering buying the game some time ago, most reviews in Japanese (on random blog sites), at least mentioned them, since thanks to this video, people got angry that the disc version didn't have data packs like Xenoblade X.

Oh, as for not being able to use your headphones with the game, which was mentioned in the beginning of the thread, I also found it very annoying. Couldn't play it for a while, because I'd wake up my girlfriend.

diaspora

Interesting that very few reviews mentioned long load times - I wonder if reviewers got digital copies so it was a non issue for them.

I'm mostly curious, because when I was considering buying the game some time ago, most reviews in Japanese (on random blog sites), at least mentioned them, since thanks to this video, people got angry that the disc version didn't have data packs like Xenoblade X.

Oh, as for not being able to use your headphones with the game, which was mentioned in the beginning of the thread, I also found it very annoying. Couldn't play it for a while, because I'd wake up my girlfriend.

wtf that's ridiculous

On Arc Rise Fantasia, voices have a separate volume setting in the options so I just turned them down to zero. Made a few cutscenes awkward, but made an otherwise pretty good RPG much more enjoyable.

ranmafan

Yeah I noticed that too about no one talking about the load times. It would be interesting to know which version they got. To be honest though while it would've been nice that the load times had been shorter the disk load times never bugged me at all playing the game. It never was that bad in my eyes but I can see how others would have an issue with it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah I noticed that too about no one talking about the load times. It would be interesting to know which version they got. To be honest though while it would've been nice that the load times had been shorter the disk load times never bugged me at all playing the game. It never was that bad in my eyes but I can see how others would have an issue with it.
I only played through the first dungeon and while the load times when opening menus weren't that bad, loads between each fight were much, much longer than any other JRPG I've played in the last few years, I think.

casiopao

I like idols.
I like videogames.
I'll like this game and all of its loading times.
Kowashitai.

As long as the game Giraffe Blues, i am going to Ai this game.^_^

Yeah, that dub was the main reason I quit playing that game

You can imagine my ears condition after i finish the game around 60 hours playtime.T_T

I wish I grabbed that early instead of listening to people complaining. Now its hard to find.

Then you better grab this one as quick lol. I had huge feeling this game can end up like that one too.T_T

Stalk

Waiting for my copy to dispatch from Gameseek today... *twiddles thumbs*

With this and ZTD it's gonna be a busy month.

Dee Dee

wtf that's ridiculous

Just to clarify, this only refers to not being able to get the sound by plugging in headphones in the game pad.
You can still plug in your headphones into your amp or into your tv or which ever the sound source is - it's just that the game pad does not broadcast the game sound.

Gu4n

Nintendo always provide digital review copies these days, and I noticed none of the long loading times, so I guess it's a disc only.

ranmafan

I only played through the first dungeon and while the load times when opening menus weren't that bad, loads between each fight were much, much longer than any other JRPG I've played in the last few years, I think.

Yeah they were a little long, but still it just didn't bug me at all. I really dont get to bogged down by long load times. Maybe it's cause I got used to them from the Commodore 64 days. Now there were some long load times! Of course I'm also pretty weird about what doesn't bug me in games that bugs others .

But yeah as for #fe digital is clearly better and if it's an issue I would recommend that over the disk. But for me, and I can only speak for me, it wasn't even close to an issue.

I haven't enjoyed a straight JRPG in many, many years, but I'm sort of intrigued by this. It just seems so absurd. How banal and tropey is the characterization and dialogue? If it feels like it was written for 14-15 year olds like Persona, it's probably not for me.

Edit: Reading some reviews it seems like the game is pure anime overload, but in a weirdly endearing way?

Edit2: This Polygon review is selling the shit out of the game for me.

Honestly didn't expect this to review so well, huh. Maybe I'll check it out after all despite JPop culture REALLY not being my thing, though I'll admit the localisation drama's have soured me a bit on the western version.

WHERE ARE MY VAGINA BONES

Still patiently waiting for mine to ship from Amazon -_-. Still says i'll arrive by tomorrow, so I won't panic just yet.

Same situation here. I hope the LE doesn't get banged up during shipment. That seems like a common problem with Amazon orders these days.

squadr0n

Are there any good guides/Wikis online people are using? Specifically looking for which replies to pick in conversations so I dont miss anything.

Also how do you restore your parties EP mid dungeon? Is there a location to go to to heal up and rest?? About to hit the last boss of the 106 Dungeon but my party has like no EP left and im out of the items to use that restore ep.

Floflo

Neo Member
Are there any good guides/Wikis online people are using? Specifically looking for which replies to pick in conversations so I dont miss anything.
Afaik all you can miss is a few lines of dialogue depending of your choices. I'm 99% sure these choices have no real consequence.

Also how do you restore your parties EP mid dungeon? Is there a location to go to to heal up and rest?? About to hit the last boss of the 106 Dungeon but my party has like no EP left and im out of the items to use that restore ep.
Best solution is to go back to the entrance of the dungeon whenever you reach a warp point for example. Outside of the dungeons, there are vending machines that restore all HP and EP for 160 yen. There is one just to the right of the entrance of the 106 Idolasphere.

Dee Dee

Afaik all you can miss is a few lines of dialogue depending of your choices. I'm 99% sure these choices have no real consequence.

Apparently you miss out on one duo arts if you consistently pick mean replies towards Tsubasa.
I have not checked a guide, someone posted it somewhere but I can't find it anymore. :/
Supposedly you have to pick all mean replies all the time for this to happen, and it is very unlikely to accidentally lock you out of it.

alvis.exe

Apparently you miss out on one duo arts if you consistently pick mean replies towards Tsubasa.
I have not checked a guide, someone posted it somewhere but I can't find it anymore. :/
Supposedly you have to pick all mean replies all the time for this to happen, and it is very unlikely to accidentally lock you out of it.

Here you go.

Top Bottom