• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Motherfucking pieces of shit rogues :T
Almost put my fist thru my desk, thankfully it's just a crack. So I just logged out for the night.

Edit: I'll just respond to myself since I already know what the answer will be. "DZ working as intended" -Massive

Maximus P

Agreed, but as an alternative to reworking the entire open world, they could just put a modicum of effort into fixing the DZ... Why are the Koreatown, Scaffolding and Gas Station landmarks still broken nearly 2 months out? Their NPC spawning functionality obviously works everywhere else, just cut and paste the code or something, I don't know how it works!

They could also finally look at tweaking the risk/reward balance to spread people out so we're not all rushing the same 5 landmarks over and over. Raise the XP/cash/GS drop levels in DZ04-06 already, so it actually makes sense to go there.

Some good ideas here.

I too would like to see players spread around the map more. I very rarely bump into anyone in the top tiers becuase it seems that if your powerful enough to be up there then it's more likely your running havok in the lower areas killing scrubs becuase the rewards are better.

I'd like to see 182gs items as a minimum drop from named level 32 bosses.

I'd also like to see the nomad gear set actually be beneficial to solo players like it's intended to. Scavenging doesn't work very well and the health on kill thing is pretty much useless in most situations. I'd prefer skills that focus on stealth and movement speed to help me avoid teams of rogues.

blacklotus

Some good ideas here.

I too would like to see players spread around the map more. I very rarely bump into anyone in the top tiers becuase it seems that if your powerful enough to be up there then it's more likely your running havok in the lower areas killing scrubs becuase the rewards are better.

I'd like to see 182gs items as a minimum drop from named level 32 bosses.

I'd also like to see the nomad gear set actually be beneficial to solo players like it's intended to. Scavenging doesn't work very well and the health on kill thing is pretty much useless in most situations. I'd prefer skills that focus on stealth and movement speed to help me avoid teams of rogues.

Or health per hit.

ch4fx_

Motherfucking pieces of shit rogues :T
Almost put my fist thru my desk, thankfully it's just a crack. So I just logged out for the night.

Edit: I'll just respond to myself since I already know what the answer will be. "DZ working as intended" -Massive

...BUT THATS WHAT THE DZ IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE. LIKE IT, OR GTFO!!1!1

...but you have the rest of the map for PVE, LEAVE THE DARK ZONE ALONE!!!1!1!

excuse my shitty attempt at sarcasm, genuinely sorry to hear about your encounter. If you happen to be on PS4, send me a FR. We can be friends :).

Maximus P

Or health per hit.

I've been running full nomad set for about a dozen hours of DZ game time now and found that health by means of attack is pretty much useless in situations that your out-numbered. The scavenging thing is useless as been proven in this thread before.

I would have liked something like the following:

1 set item- immune to enemy ping and it takes longer for name to show

2 set item- double med kit capacity and 20% faster medkit cool down

3 set item- 20% faster movement speed

4 set item- Rogues show on map and alerts when rogue/s nearby

This would be suited far more better for solo players at the same time as not making you overpowered to enemies.

Hopefully they add more gearsets in the future.

Tawpgun

excuse my shitty attempt at sarcasm, genuinely sorry to hear about your encounter. If you happen to be on PS4, send me a FR. We can be friends :).
Sarcasm or not you are right. The dark zone was always envisioned this way. If you take away rogues it's boring.

Maximus P

I have no problem with rogues, it does make the DZ tense which can be great.

What I'm not a fan of however is 6+ man death squads that roam the streets killing on sight. Something that has been defended on this very forum as 'what massive inteded'.

I've gone rogue a few times to steal stuff and when someone is taking a loot drop that I've just fought hard to clear. I don't see the appeal in running around killing fresh level 30 players for the Xp.

theWB27

I think my want to play this has waned as far as it'll go. It's damn near a chore trying to level up. I hope they fix some things here soon.

Sigh...

Kaimu

Anyone knows if the bug still exists when you do falcon lost and the group leader has already got the weekly reward so the team members can't get it anymore?

Scared to do Falcon lost for the weekly reward and not get it at the end because of a bug.

Pandy

Sarcasm or not you are right. The dark zone was always envisioned this way. If you take away rogues it's boring.

It was shown off as an interesting and tense experience, not as a bunch of death squads sprinting through the map past AIs until their non-rogue attackers die or get bored.

The Rogue system as it stands is completely broken.
Mainly due to the badly balanced risk/rewards for killing a player, partially because the rogue display on the map is completely useless until you get super close, and also because there aren't effective enough techniques you can use to counter running players.

Rogue hunting is just a Benny Hill chase sequence, not a tense and tactical combat situation. I don't think that's what Massive intended.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Rogue hunting is just a Benny Hill chase sequence, not a tense and tactical combat situation. I don't think that's what Massive intended.

This is one of the things that annoys me most. Sometimes we've chased a group across the whole map then the timer ends and they look at us all smug clapping so we just go rogue on them for wasting our time.

It is nice when farming DZ05/06 and a group on manhunt from South run all the way North thinking no one is up there only to run into us and die with seconds left lol.

I have no problem with rogues, it does make the DZ tense which can be great.

What I'm not a fan of however is 6+ man death squads that roam the streets killing on sight. Something that has been defended on this very forum as 'what massive inteded'.

I've gone rogue a few times to steal stuff and when someone is taking a loot drop that I've just fought hard to clear. I don't see the appeal in running around killing fresh level 30 players for the Xp.

Yea, but there's nothing better than dropping a double squad with one good group of 4. There's always way . . .

Need build advice please!

Currently I'm running a high-ish DPS build (195k) with okay stamina (65k) and low skill (14k). I like to run my style as focusing on a target with quick Vector bursts, downing him and then moving on to the next enemy. My secondary is a custom M44 marksman. I'm having trouble figuring out the best gear set combo to go with.

Right now I have 4 Striker gear sets equipped (all but body armor and gloves which I haven't had drop), hoping to get drops for Sentry's Call. I'm wanting to run a split of Striker and Sentry's Call and trying to determine if it's more useful to go:
1 - 4 striker, 2 sentry's call (Striker's set + 30% headshot bonus from Sentry)
2 - drop to 3 striker, 3 sentry's call (to end up with 20% armor, 50% critical, 30% headshot and 20% elite - all of which seems super useful in Incursion and challenging missions)
3 - go 4 Sentry's Call and 2 Striker (50% critical, 30% headshot, 20% elite plus the headshot mark stack)

It would seem to me that #2 or #3 are actually the best set-ups for my playstyle, with Vector bursts usually netting a headshot or two on the enemies that need it. So far it's been tough removing my 163 GS armor because it's got Reckless talent unlocked and everything else seems to drop my DPS.

Archpath1

They should lock you in the zone
You go rogue in its a pain in the ass when people run

Or at least get a speed debuff when crossing a zone

If you think your badass enough to go rogue, then stay and fight

They should lock you in the zone
You go rogue in its a pain in the ass when people run

Or at least get a speed debuff when crossing a zone

If you think your badass enough to go rogue, then stay and fight
Agreed. They could add some indestructible shock drones that target rogues if they try to run x kms away from the point of going rogue or something maybe?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Bullet hit slowdown would be nice. You know how Gears of War had it in the later series. Shoot while someone was roadie running to slow them down as they came towards you.

Only times we catch rogues usually is due to using Surivor Link with the speed boost.

Thanks man.:) I'm on PC. In a way wished it was cross-platform. But it's much better to spare the console versions from our never-ending war with cheat-engines lol. But it would be nice to have cross-platform account sharing thou.

Geneijin

Looking for two more for FL CM on PS4 in the next 10-15 minutes. PM me through here or PSN if you're interested.

PSN kopyasu

Pandy

This is one of the things that annoys me most. Sometimes we've chased a group across the whole map then the timer ends and they look at us all smug clapping so we just go rogue on them for wasting our time.

It is nice when farming DZ05/06 and a group on manhunt from South run all the way North thinking no one is up there only to run into us and die with seconds left lol.
I did manage to ambush a North Running Rogue/Manhunt group while I was playing solo. I used incendiary grenades so they couldn't shoot me, but they just popped Signature Skills and ran straight through the flames before the hunting pack behind them could catch up. If I got the chance again maybe a Shock Turret would have been a good option too.

Did eventually help take them down in DZ6, with one rogue kill for my efforts along with some crappy 163/182 gear to dissemble for parts it hardly felt like worthwhile reward for the effort. The same group had already started another Rogue run in DZ1 before I'd had time to extract and restock ammo, so they obviously thought the rewards far outweighed the risks.

PvP in general, and the Rogue system in particular, needs to be completely re-designed/balanced from scratch. There's no element of it I can think of that actually works well.

Samikaze

Matchmaked with a group of guys in the DZ last night. We're running around killing Elites to get the weekly challenge done. We all agree not to go rogue, but to just stick to NPCs for now.

We're doing fine until we go into a landmark full of Rikers which is being cleared out by another group of 4. One of their players rolls into my shots as I try my hardest not to hit him. Doesn't matter,. 3 of us labeled rogue. We quickly leave the building with the other team in tow, hoping we can drop the 20 seconds and return to being a neutral team.

Our 4th player arrives.
"an agent has left your team"
I knew it was coming, but didn't have time to react.
He shoots us in the back and drops me and another before getting caught in the crossfire.

He had the nerve to send me a friend request an hour later.

PvP in general, and the Rogue system in particular, needs to be completely re-designed/balanced from scratch. There's no element of it I can think of that actually works well.

I agree. When this game came out, I was ecstatic. DayZ was one of my favorite recent gaming experiences for the tense player interaction. As it progressed people realized there was no penalty for being a player killer. The game evolved from something unique, with a mix of friendly players, a bandit thieves. To simply PvP with annoying occasional zombies. It was nothing the dev team envisioned.
I see this game quickly going down the same route.

I wouldn't mind trying incursion for the first time if anyone is running it tonight.

PSN: Paraflare

Stats: 204k/71k and lol at electronics....like 10k or something.

I'll be on psn all nightish

EL CUCO

545 hours I've played. Damn DZ..
11377894_792328420886691_1408737707_n.jpg

Top Bottom