• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

TsuWave

wow there's only 2 other guys in my entire friend's list who still play this regularly, i literally have to coerce my friends into coming on this and i feel like they hate me for it

Is the sentry's call ability worth the loss of 30k dps?

i think it works better when in a group but yeah, it is. most op thing in the game right now, especially because its bugged and sometimes people get marked just by getting close to you

bosseye

DZ was crazy busy last night, total clusterfuck. It was actually pretty fun. Me and a friend, at least 10 other players all running around, everybody going rogue at various times. For once we all seemed to be fairly well balanced so it was a win some/lose some type thing. We killed a couple of rogues, went rogue ourselves, sometimes got our ass handed to us. Solid fun.

Also, nothing more amusing than nipping into a supply drop when other players are dealing with the enemies and nabbing the loot right under their noses. Absolute bastard that I am. They went rogue and killed me of course, but the loot was mine by then.

I'm expecting news of a crafting reversal, a gold d-tech giveaway, patch 1.2 news and season pass event news.

Anything less and i'm selling my PS4 and buying a 3DO.

Fixed in today's weekly maintenance:

PC chat spam
Daily missions rotation

Patch 1.2 under testing, no date of release yet (sometime this month):

One is none - fixed
Reckless - fixed
Missions not starting - fixed

1.2 LOOT:

WE WILL BE MORE GENEROUS WITH LOOT - Quality, quantity and the sources of loot!

New DZ bracket 200+
Tougher challenge in the higher DZ, with better drops.
Increased drops for lower brackets as well.

200+ Drops will range from 204 to 240, including 240 gear sets. (RIP Falcon Lost)
Reduced drop rates of mods across all activities.
Increased drop rates of weapons across all activities.

Every DT in 200+ bracket will be HE DT!
Enemies in 200+ DZ will be level 32 to 34!

Increased drop of gear sets from supply drops.

New PVE activities (no specifics).

No major nerfs to other weapons and talents, just buffs (take it with a grain of salt, they're already fixing Balanced).

GazzaGSi

Like the changes, 201+ dz bracket with higher GS items, more frequent gear set drops across all the DZ and only HE DTech in 201+ dz bracket. 201+ bracket starts with npc's at 32-34 in the south.

Maximus P

Sounds good.At the moment the chance of getting a 204gs score item drop is super rare. The chance of getting a 204gs item drop with a decent roll is unicorn rare.

Hopefully this evens the playing field out a little.I hope massive do something about people level dropping by equipting a low level pistol/secondary to stop bracket droppers.

WipedOut

PC chat spam
Daily missions rotation

One is none - fixed
Reckless - fixed

1.2 LOOT:

New DZ bracket 200+

200+ Drops will range from 204 to 240, including 240 gear sets. (RIP Falcon Lost)

No major nerfs to other weapons and talents, just buffs (take it with a grain of salt, they're already fixing Balanced).

This might get me to come back but who will I play with in the sub 200 bracket? Any word on the protection from elite perk?

deafmedal

Yay! A better DZ that I can't get in to, awesome! I'm sure all the 182 guns and 191 gear sets I get in the 161+ DZ will make it worthwhile :(

Klyka

Banned
Nice, sounds good to me.

Second month of the game's life and they are making good changes and additions to things the community is sour on.

I like it.

Especially the drop increase. Hope it turns out true.

Yay! A better DZ that I can't get in to, awesome! I'm sure all the 182 guns and 191 gear sets I get in the 161+ DZ will make it worthwhile :(

You should have been doing Falcon Lost on hard, it's pretty easy and you get a 214 drop each week.

With a couple of 214 set gear and crafted 204 weapons from DZ/BoO BP's, it's pretty easy to go 200+.

Sweet, I hope the 200+ dz is filled with nothing but level 34 shotgun rushers. Make us earn that loot, Massive.

Yup, expect nothing less.

deadduck

Good loot changes announced, glad to see they are trying a positive approach and a harder DZ as it has hasn't scaled well with the new gear.

Looking forward to see what else they are doing.

1.2 They need to stop the wallhacks and find a better way of stopping people dropping DZ brackets.

deafmedal

You should have been doing Falcon Lost on hard, it's pretty easy and you get a 214 drop each week.

With a couple of of 214 set gear and crafted 204 weapons from DZ/BoO BP's, it's pretty easy to go 200+.

I have. Drops have mostly been worse than my 182 stuff, like 1/2 the armor and horrible perks. Only DZ 72 ATM, with the last BP rotation I didn't see the point in finishing the grind this past weekend. Went back to my 182 Vector from the 204 AUG as it works better and I ain't equipping a subpar secondary just to increase my GS a couple of points.

Hopefully there are better BPs/prerolls this next rotation although it probably won't matter as I won't have the mats to roll too many items.

I'll just piggyback off of you to get in ;)

jbortz78

PC chat spam
Daily missions rotation

One is none - fixed
Reckless - fixed

1.2 LOOT:

New DZ bracket 200+

Really interesting to see how much of a change the quality of loot drops will be, less mods are awesome news.

Also nice they fixed one is none.

Good thinking with the new DZ bracket also.

Klyka

Banned
I have to be honest, I wish instead of just "less mods" they would make the Performance mods actually worth it.

Who knows,maybe they will!

Kane1345

So are the loot changes that are in that new High DZ bracket going to apply to PVE as well? I like the DZ but I vastly prefer PVE and am wondering if it will get just as much love. Hope so.

HMD

Fuck the Sentry gear set, shittiest addition to the game imo. The buff should only work on elites or something.

Maximus P

Fuck the Sentry gear set, shittiest addition to the game imo. The buff should only work on elites or something.

A friend of mine runs sentry and he said it's overpowered.

Tbh I'd be ok with it if they boosted the other builds becuase at the moment nomad and taction are poor in comparison.

They really need to drop another 4 gear sets as soon as possible so that there's more choice and variaty rather than everyone deciding how many sentry and strikers theyre using.

DZ brackets are nice and all but those loot fixes and PvE content interest me. I'd still rather see the crafting go back to how it was. They say they want us to get better loot and craft less, but how about giving us the option for both? People wouldn't have to resort to crafting if the drops were REALLY GOOD. So even if they put the requirements for crafting back to what they were, if the drops were simply amazing, people would resort to that instead, while others who can't play as much or prefer to gather materials or whatnot can resort to crafting for example.

deadduck

Dropped 40k off my striker build for sentry it's that OP. It should require an amount of damage to trigger a mark.

Had some fun not caring about DZ rank, money or dtec on my second character with reasonably high skill. BFB on extract is entertaining.

Mullah88

If the loot is actually good, it doesn't really need to be changed.
well if i keep getting loot with firearms, it needs to be recalibrated to stamina or electronics. my current gear right now, to recalibrate ill need 400k to roll and thats absurd! 500pxc should convert to 500k credits and 350k dz credit

my alt character i cant even use the tactician set i have cause i need to reroll some of the talents, players with multiple lvl30 characters should be rewarded for there efforts, up to pxc limit to 2k instead of 1k (3 lvl30 alts....3k) and let the credits pool between both character (reg credit not dz)

EL CUCO

21:40 mark of SOTG was really refreshing to hear.

Massive: "We internally asked ourselves if we are giving too much loot (after testing H.E. drop rate buff for 1.2). We don't care, we want loot to be generous so we're raising the quantity and the quality. We want to give players more"

Good stuff.

Division podcast ep10

Interesting Netcode and server stuff

I really don't get this game sometimes. I beat 5 missions on hard last night, but for the complete 10 missions on hard or challenging difficulty, it says its only 4.
I'm going to lose it if this trophy doesn't unlock, again

Klyka

Banned
21:40 mark of SOTG was really refreshing to hear.

Massive: "We internally asked ourselves if we are giving too much loot (after testing H.E. drop rate buff for 1.2). We don't care, we want loot to be generous so we're raising the quantity and the quality. We want to give players more"

Good stuff.

Division podcast ep10

Interesting Netcode and server stuff

Could you give me a rundown of the network/server stuff?

PC chat spam
Daily missions rotation

One is none - fixed
Reckless - fixed

1.2 LOOT:

New DZ bracket 200+

Just read about this at link below as well. Glad there is the focus on bug fixes of course, and a new DZ bracket where higher level loot drops is nice as well.

But I also would like to hear more about these weapon "balances" i.e. buffing which weapon classes or individual guns in particular.

Also, what's that new PvE content yo! :-D

http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...Zone-Bracket--More-"Generous"-Loot-Drops.html

Still wondering how Massive expects a lot of players to meet the 220 minimum and 240 recommended Gear Score for the next Incursion if those suggested requirements are real. Especially given that the GS requirements for Falcon's Lost seemed a bit low.

You won't sniff it doing the current HM Incursion and even doing the current CM Incursion weekly doesn't guarantee you get there.

The 200+ DZ bracket will offer higher GS rewards but to an obviously smaller number of players.

I'm at 201-205 GS (depending on the build) after 20+ HM Incursion completions. I have yet to even attempt the CM Incursion (will do so soon).

The new DZ bracket is interesting at least.
Although I wish they would cave and give us a PVE-only DZ.

The Dark Zone is a PvP area. The rest of the map is already PvE-only. This is fundamental to the game's design, as there's risk involved in the Dark Zone where better loot is dropped accordingly.

Seems like you ultimately want the rest of the map to be more exciting and rewarding, which I can see over time with the release of new missions and the updates they have already announced i.e. "Underground" in June.

Top Bottom