• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So here's the dealio, that new patch sounds good and all and is exactly what this game needs BUT...

I have a really bad feeling that 204 is just going to become the new 163. New incursion drops 260-280 gear behind a weekly lockout and new dz blueprints introduced at dz rank 90 or 95. I really really hope I'm wrong.

If they do this, I am completely done with the game because they would have truly learned absolutely nothing from the complaints, and it will just be oh look at the new patch, same as the old. They need to ditch the WoW model of progression and just embrace a loot grinder like D3 or POE, any mob, any where, DZ, CM, or open world should have the potential to drop the best loot in the entire game for you. Period.

Ferny

So here's the dealio, that new patch sounds good and all and is exactly what this game needs BUT...

I have a really bad feeling that 204 is just going to become the new 163. New incursion drops 260-280 gear behind a weekly lockout and new dz blueprints introduced at dz rank 90 or 95. I really really hope I'm wrong.

If they do this, I am completely done with the game because they would have truly learned absolutely nothing from the complaints, and it will just be oh look at the new patch, same as the old. They need to ditch the WoW model of progression and just embrace a loot grinder like D3 or POE, any mob, any where, DZ, CM, or open world should have the potential to drop the best loot in the entire game for you. Period.
I agree with this. I think you should be able to get upgrades in just about every area that there is with maybe certain activities having a slightly better chance at dropping stuff than others. But it shouldn't just be a constant gear climb to the next new thing to get the newest and best gear.

Wolfe

Sounds like a decent start, now fix this UI bug where every time I go to swap skills it tells me about how I've unlocked the master mod.

Having to dismiss that crap every time is getting a tad annoying :p

Maximus P

There were some people on this thread that suggested that they flood the market with high end gear to counter the amount of people that exploited the incursions and previous exploits. Hopefully, that's whats happening here.

I agree with you about the incursions. They should be rewarding but not so rewarding that they offer items that aren't available elsewhere. Maybe they could release exclusive cosmetics that only drop in the incursions as well as some good loot? I dunno, but at the moment the strong are getting stronger at the weak are staying weak.

Only way to counteract this is put the new incursion gear in rotation in the Dark Zone bracket 200+.

Make it a little rare but achievable in DZ05/06 so it makes go that high in the Dark Zone worth something as of right now there really isn't any point besides getting a little bit more Phoenix Credits from the bosses up there.

EDIT: Holy shit, I didn't read the last part of your post. I agree with you 100%.

Quazar

So after collecting all collectibles you get a message for each type saying you get an item, but where do I retrieve items? Rewards vendor has nothing.

Edit: found them. Pretty lame overall. Wow

j_rocca42

I just got a GS 163 Tactical Mk 16 AR with Capable, Balanced, and Accurate.

I'm gonna abuse the fuck out of it and my Reckless vest until they are both patched via 1.2.

EDIT: Never mind, I see they already patched Reckless. It doesn't matter because I have 11% Protection from Elites on the same vest so it all balances out lol.
Reckless has been patched? I thought it was confirmed to be fixed in update 1.2 which is coming some time in May?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
30 minutes of rogue killing the same group, they went rogue multiple times and manhunt once. We went manhunt on them because friends who'd been killed kept reviving so we just kept killing the whole team.

We survived the manhunt and the group catched up with us but surrendered since they must've realized we could beat them so easily. Then they kept dying at Q-Building lol so we left them.

EL CUCO

Lincoln tunnel is both the hard daily and challenging mode today. And apparently as long as you start a daily challenging mode mission before the reset time, you'll still get the daily reward even if you complete it after the new reset kicked in.

Well, atleast that just happened to me. Finished RC with some randoms after 8pm and still got 50 PXC.

blacklotus

Lincoln tunnel is both the hard daily and challenging mode today. And apparently as long as you start a daily challenging mode mission before the reset time, you'll still get the daily reward even if you complete it after the new reset kicked in.

Well, atleast that just happened to me. Finished RC with some randoms after 8pm and still got 50 PXC.

That's good to know.

Just finished a Lexington Run right about now. There was someone in the squad doing just some crazy damage. And all gear score was bellow 195.
It was crazy. Enemies were basically lasting 1 second.
O_O

Archpath1

I love my shotgun

Would really like a higher version though

It wrecks up close , head shots are awesome
I'll try to get a clip of it

Insane Metal

Gold Member
That's good to know.

Just finished a Lexington Run right about now. There was someone in the squad doing just some crazy damage. And all gear score was bellow 195.
It was crazy. Enemies were basically lasting 1 second.
O_O
A friend of mine has <200 score but almost 300k DPS on his weapons, so it's probably something like this (+ pulse with damage mod)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That scummy French ARK clan rogues we played against multiple last week who were glitching. We reported them all and blocked.

Now tonight they are in the same server doing the same shit again with Manhunt.

XBL is so shit at times.. block should block them completly even in matchmaking.

blacklotus

Maybe. Thing is, at some points, there was this weird hail of bullets, and at some points it would leave a ghost mark even after the firing stopped. Like shitload of bullets were coming per second. Was really weird.

Maybe just a graphical glitch coupled with insane legit dps like you said.

Felt fishy though.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
That scummy French ARK clan rogues we played last week who were glitching. We reported them all and blocked.

Now tonight they are in the same server doing the same shit again with Manhunt.

XBL is so shit at times.. block should block them completly even in matchmaking.

What exactly where they glitching?

blacklotus

Guys, need your input.

B5LAPmK.jpg

udPorgL.jpg

giUcJyD.jpg

I'm almost at max Phoenix Credits.
Running Aug 204 and First Wave M14 182.
DZ level is 52 still.

What should i get from vendors right now? I need to spend phoenix cause i'm almost at the cap.

Don't mind still saving DZ funds though.
Gloves are 182 and Vest is 204 (the one in the BoO special vendor).

Cheers.

Geneijin

Right? I've run with 200s+ that are train wrecks and 160s that I would love to run all day with.
It's just ridiculous. Gear score won't tell you I'm running a full set of Tactician's Authority for example. And maybe instead of having 3 Pulses in the party, we could have me run one because mine is not only closest to the cap (40% CHC, 99% CHD), but I'll always have the shortest cooldown with the set bonuses. Failing the FL CM doesn't bother me as much as trying to matchmake currently.

Is challenge mode even possible without someone having a full tactician set?
Yes. It's a convenience that isn't absolutely necessary. If someone is near the soft skill power cap (43,000), you just play a little more conservative with Pulses inbetween waves. You can even run 3-piece Tactician's Authority with success.

j_rocca42

It's just ridiculous. Gear score won't tell you I'm running a full set of Tactician's Authority for example. And maybe instead of having 3 Pulses in the party, we could have me run one because mine is not only closest to the cap (40% CHC, 99% CHD), but I'll always have the shortest cooldown with the set bonuses. Failing the FL CM doesn't bother me as much as trying to matchmake currently.

Yes. It's a convenience that isn't absolutely necessary. If someone is near the soft skill power cap (43,000), you just play a little more conservative with Pulses inbetween waves. You can even run 3-piece Tactician's Authority with success.

So, one skill power build is a must

Geneijin

Nope. I completed it with a team who was all dps.

180k+/80k+(65%)/10k-15k

We stayed in the pit and one shot CM. pretty easy with good communication and a person running extended mobile cover.
Yup, although, there's no need to run mobile cover if you time Survivor Links right. It's convenient just having one skill power build though. Ever had a capped Support Station healing 5,000 hp per sec? So nice.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I keep trying with randoms. I'm thinking that's my problem!

I was able to pick up a group on divisionlfg. That seems to be a bit better than pugs, but it's slim pickings.

Most that have done it before do it on Sunday night at reset. Those doing it this late in the week likely haven't finished it before.

Geneijin

I keep trying with randoms. I'm thinking that's my problem!
Well, I'm always down to run it on PS4 around 5 PDT if we can get people. I missed your guys' group last time. Seems only a handful even bother running FL CM here on GAF :lol

DivisionGAF community on PS4 is just as barren.

j_rocca42

Well, I'm always down to run it on PS4 around 5 PDT if we can get people. I missed your guys' group last time. Seems only a handful even bother running FL CM here on GAF :lol

DivisionGAF community on PS4 is just as barren.
Yeah it's tough getting a group going on gaf. I came over from destinygaf where it was ps4 centered.

I'd like to beat it legit at least once.

Geneijin

Yeah it's tough getting a group going on gaf. I came over from destinygaf where it was ps4 centered.

I'd like to beat it legit at least once.
If we can get 2 more, I'm down to running it together like tomorrow. 4/5 PDT would be best for me.

Anybody else interested on PS4 for Falcon Lost Challenge mode?

PSN kopyasu

Top Bottom