• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too human pictures

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Ark-AMN said:
*sigh*, as usual this thread devolved into the usual GAF elitism tripe and insults.

The appearance of GAF's resident SK brown-noser now makes this thread complete.

sharukins

Banned
Arkman, why dont you tell Dennis D to come BACK to Gaf and dispel the rumours, tell us about the streaming technology mishap and is this game really aiming for God of War gameplay or will it suck. Dennis D needs to come back here to hype the game up or else Gafmasters will eat this game alive even if it reviews good

sharukins

Banned
parada911 said:
I have faith that the games will turn out amazing. When EGM played the game for their coverstory before E3 they gave it nothing but praise. But then the SK implimented something new into it and couldn't get the E3 demo to play correctly. Wait and see I guess.

and God of War was sh*t too just 1 year before its release but look how that turned out.

sharukins said:
Dennis D needs to come back here to hype the game up or else Gafmasters will eat this game alive even if it reviews good

He doesn't need to, everytime a new SK game comes up some huge fan of there's pops up to do all that for them. During the Twin Snakes period it was some guy named Li Mu Bai who'd damage control any bad news about the game.

jjasper

Ninja Scooter said:
i wish they would have just done Eternal Darkness 2 instead of trying to jump on the flavor of the week bandwagon.

I don't think that can. Nintendo owns the rights.

border

Ark-AMN said:
And no one here seems to be able to grasp the simple concept that THE GAME ISN'T FINISHED YET!!!
In the gaming community, commenting on the graphics of unreleased games has been par for the course since the first enthusiast magazines were spawned. Why throw such a hissyfit over it?

sharukins said:
and God of War was sh*t too just 1 year before its release but look how that turned out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War
* GameSpot's Best PS2 Game of E3 2004
* Daily Game's Best Action Game of E3 2004
* GameSpy E3 Awards 2004 - PS2 Game of Show
* GameRevolution - Best of E3 2004 Action/Adventure

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/514/514182p1.html
Everything about God of War illustrates perfectly what style and care can do for a game. The entire title is presented in ultra high resolution and manages to still run at a marvelous clip.

Kangu said:
oh god no

at least they'd be sticking to something they are fairly (though its obviously arguable :lol) good at. Making a game based around combat is like Shaq releasing a book on how to shoot free throws.

Kangu

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
at least they'd be sticking to something they are fairly (though its obviously arguable :lol) good at. Making a game based around combat is like Shaq releasing a book on how to shoot free throws.

chapter one: only make them when they count, unless you can't

border

sharukins said:
problems were before E3
February 2004

"God of War's presentation is looking very sharp despite the fact that the game is still early. The highly detailed character models and environments are looking very good, due in no small part to their twisted designs. We've been most taken by the temple environments we've seen so far, which feature broad, expansive areas that are layered. For example, you'll see parts of the temple go up high into the ceiling, from which you can take a look at areas below you that you've already covered."

"With a stunning combo system and some beautifully integrated gameplay, we were left more than a little stunned by it all."

godofwar_021904_02.jpg

Draft

I wish we could stop talking about Too Human, because it was my most anticipated X360 game before E3, and it's just so bad and I know it's early but come on it's so ****ing bad how are they going to fix the framerate and animation and ai and god knows what the hell else and oh my god damn you denis dyack damn you and your broken promises.

Draft said:
I wish we could stop talking about Too Human, because it was my most anticipated X360 game before E3, and it's just so bad and I know it's early but come on it's so ****ing bad how are they going to fix the framerate and animation and ai and god knows what the hell else and oh my god damn you denis dyack damn you and your broken promises.

Dude...Too Human's got nothing on Shadowruin...just sayin.

Kangu

Banned
sharukins said:
Find the video of the IGDA awards which featured God of War this year and ill bring some crow for you to feast on

so god of war wasn't running at 60 fps in january of 2002, what's your point again?

border

Just looking at the God of War trailer from February 2004 you can see many things that Too Human is lacking....stable framerate and fantastic animation being the most notable.

sharukins

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
GoW was never shown publically in a form where the game would be seen a sucky. It might've sucked some point in development, but when they showed it publically it sure as hell didn't. The same can't be said about Too Human.

different games are shown in different stages of development. God of war was announced in feb 2004 , released in march 2005, 1 year. Too Human was announced in september 2005 and is releasing in 2007. in the end I was right, Silicon Knights can make this game better like GoW devs did as well

skybaby

Thread derailed, avatar police comes in!
kvsb.gif
400kb avatar! (Beowolf)
Oh Evilore, you're avatar is 10px over the limit! :D
IM OBSSESSED WITH AVATAR LIMITS HELP ME :(

NinSoX

Banned
Everything looks awful except the enemies with the glowing orange and green lights. Those guys look pretty stylish. SK is pretty bad. They couldn't even get Snake's face right in Twin Snakes before Konami stepped in :lol

jjasper

sharukins said:
heres the video which gives reference to what I was talking about

now eat some crow

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aEiIYGpt9ak&search=God of War awards

So you have " A year and a half ago. It sucked, it was terrible" Ok that interview took place either last '05 or early '06 juding by the poster in the background which says "something '06 "we'll say it was in Dec (someone correct me if I am wrong I don't know). A year in a half is 18 months that means he is saying in June of '04 it sucked when in May of '04 it kicked ass. I think he is just excited about winning the award and exaggerated.

border

My Arms Your Hearse said:
So what happens to the mega-budget and subsequent two games if/
when?
this bombs?
I assume that SK will be shitcanned in a fashion similar to Oddworld Inhabitants or Doublefine Studios. MS doesn't have much patience for 2nd parties that take forever to make poor-selling games....Nintendo doesn't either, I guess.

Kangu

Banned
border said:
I assume that SK will be shitcanned in a fashion similar to Oddworld Inhabitants or Doublefine Studios. MS doesn't have much patience for 2nd parties that take forever to make poor-selling games....Nintendo doesn't either, I guess.

rare must suck a mean cock then

border said:
You stole my words, that's exactly what I'm expecting. I'm not sure, though, which publisher will pick the remaining two titles of the trilogy.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Operations said:
You stole my words, that's exactly what I'm expecting. I'm not sure, though, which publisher will pick the remaining two titles of the trilogy.

nintendo? fanboy's wet dream

my wet dream

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
This game will probably give us a good idea how Halo 3's grafics will look.

Top Bottom