• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
is this a defense mechanism that people put up because of Dark Souls 2?

are people finally learning not to board the hype train on full blast?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides, everyone knows that the biggest game tomorrow is Life is Strange episode 2
b23m5ok.gif

Puruzi

Banned

I know most people wouldn't agree with me, but I'm not hype for Bloodborne specifically because I don't like the souls games. They're too slow and methodical.

I wasn't on the Bloodborne train, and then I started playing Demon Soul's

Now I'm not really on the train, but I am going to buy a ticket down the road

Raxus

It's GAF. People never learn. Dark Souls 2 was a good game and it seems only now it is getting some much deserved credit. Bloodborne is likely going to be great too but man that OT mess was fun to watch.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's GAF. People never learn. Dark Souls 2 was a good game and it seems only now it is getting some much deserved credit. Bloodborne is likely going to be great too but man that OT mess was fun to watch.

Bloodborne has turned /v/ into a bigger shitshow than usual.
Enough salt to top every bag of popcorn for every movie-goer that will see Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Jarate

Banned
playing catch up.

holy shit this Kill la Kill episode was kind of terrible

I agree wholeheartedly
and it shows one of the big concerns with the show overall, in that Ryuko generally is a very selfish person. Ultimately, she did the right thing, but she didnt even think to talk to Mako or her family about what was going and didnt even think that Mako was only doing this for her family. The only thing that was important was that the family became distant from her and were pursuing other things. This is probably the easiest one to forgive, but there will be a lot of times in this show where Ryuko just pisses me off. She is by far the worst character in the show.

http://imgur.com/a/3zqrd

That's a good question but honestly, I can't answer it so whatever. And I'm done for real

Here's some bonus pics: http://imgur.com/a/bT50c

#BringBlackButlerToToonami?

I'd like to imagine the confusion and awkwardness when having to explain to these VA's what Toonamigaf is, although I guess it's better then the other awkwardness and awfulness that will happen at nerd cons

Jintor

Yeah Ryuuko dumping that shit on Mako really rubbed me the wrong way the first time I saw it and it still rubs me the wrong way now

You kinda look at it from the Panty and Stocking 'comedic sociopathy' angle and it makes creative sense, but cos the tone of KLK is super inconsistent (it's way better at the comedy but it wants to have that edge of drama) it kinda fouls up the whole thing.

no pc version, so no bludburn for now. I guess I'll just have to killing aliens and building cities

It's not even that Ryuko was being kind of an asshole, it's just that I didn't think it was funny at all. The whole thing was played pretty weirdly straight and just so incredibly on-the-nose (almost every line of Senketsu's dialogue is explaining the moral of the story to the audience). Plus the action isn't very good because it overuses a bunch of stills with kind of shitty art for fights against some boring clubs. Just about the only good thing was Mako's uniform.

Jintor

*shrug.gif*

I thought it was hilarious. Not as hilarious as that episode where they have to get to school on time, but it was still pretty funny in a cheap-ass inferno cop kinda way.

Also inexplicably really well animated single *scenes* thrown into the mix with completely reused animation

trigger u weird

Crocodile

So I'm stupid and I'm looking for PSOne games to buy on the PSN Store. Where do I go?

Also, Catherine? Yeah or Nay?

There's also a bunch of Persona games on sale but I dunno if I have time to play them all

EDIT: I figured it out. Why are these Mega Man X games $6 instead of $1 :(

bigkrev

So I'm stupid and I'm looking for PSOne games to buy on the PSN Store. Where do I go?

Also, Catherine? Yeah or Nay?

There's also a bunch of Persona games on sale but I dunno if I have time to play them all

EDIT: I figured it out. Why are these Mega Man X games $6 instead of $1 :(

Catherine is worth experiencing

And they are 6 because the sale ended this morning

bigkrev

I don't really /get/ Evangelion.

Probably because I'm mentally stable and have a solid relationship with my parents, so the characters and angst are lost on me.

The movies make Shinji more tolerable by not having him be as depressed as he is on the show, but Shinji has a -lot- of problems. He's sexually repressed/confused (THAT scene from End of Evangelion, his feelings for Kaworu, ect), has a father that basically refuses to acknowledge his existence, and has severe depression. If you have ever had real depression, you would understand that all you want to do is lie in bed all day, regardless of what's actually going on around you. It's something that makes you seem like a shitty person to people who don't understand- you aren't "sick", but you can't function as a human being. And while depression are certainly something worth exploring in art, an anime about giant robots probably isn't the best place to be trying it.

Movie Shinji, who is far more capable of functioning than the TV version, is a better character for telling the kind of story Eva wants to tell- he clearly has problems, you can tell the same story as the show, but he seems far more likable and understandable to the average person

daveo42

Banned
Guys souls games are fun >.>

I was planning on picking it up, but I realize I have too many games collecting dust to justify buying another game. I plan on picking it up sometime in the future. I just hope this game manages to stay in 2-3 threads instead of engulfing all of GAF.

Who am I kidding? We are talking about Bloodborne in here too. It's already too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom