• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
OG Sam Jack is still really good, it's a little too comedy based at times, but Gendy has also always been good at comedy.

It was just hurt by the limits of american children's cartoons that still hurts the industry. I really hope though that modern Jack brings the genre of young adult action cartoons to fruition

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Back from work. Ready for Jack tonight.

I should probably get to reading some Tokyo Ghoul manga though. Just to see how bad Pierrot messed it up.

Xe4

Banned
Update:
  • Dissertation Presentation went well!
  • Dissertation Defense - I came up a bit short. My committee wants me to make some changes and additions before they pass me so they gave me some more weeks to work on it. Disappointing but that's life. I feel good I'll pass with flying colors next time :)
Nice! What's your PhD in (general details, you don't have to tell me the title of the thesis or anything), if you don't mind me asking?

Ponn

Banned
Warning, today's episode of Super is the slowest shit ever, but after this the pacing is pretty solid, though the climax of the 2nd arc is a bit slow.

I watched the early showing. I happened to have closed captioning on and over half of the show was nothing but
(loud yelling)
Yup, its Dragonball.

These damn Sonic commercials are freaking me the hell out. Stop staring at me with those dead eyes Sonic!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mother's Basement did an analysis on that trailer for Netflix's Death Note adaptation.

I feel like this could have a much better chance of being decent, but I'm still a bit skeptical. Though WTF at Misa, I thought it was the girl on the right since it....ya know, LOOKS like Misa (mainly the blonde hair with pony tails), but no, it's the "I'm too cool for this & I smoke cuz I'm a badass punk just short of being goth" brunette.

At the very least, it'll probably be better than the GitS movie.

giphy.gif

Soon.

Xe4

Banned
I haven't watched Dragon Ball in nearly a decade, and apperently tonight's episode of Super is a bad one, so I don't think I'll be too wowed. Should be fun to watch with GAF anyhow.

Hopefully Kai is good, and I'm always psyched for Jojo. The rest is pretty meh to me, except SAC which of course is at the end. Sucks that Black Lagoon comes back after I end my cable subscription, lol.

Isn't it obvious?

Pizza. He is the Pizza King.
lol

cntr

Banned
Yeah, I'm fine with Super's pacing and padding, too. I mean, I'd prefer something tighter of course, but the goofy way it goes about it is better than whatever the shit they did with the Perfect Cell.

Boruto would be confusing as shit without knowing shit from later Shippuden. Like, not Super-level, nearly Unicorn-level.

And good luck with the dissertation, Crocodile!

Moaradin

Super's pacing is a million times better than DBZ at least. Hell, I remember people wishing the pacing was SLOWER in some of the later arcs.

Crocodile

Thanks for the kind words everyone <3

As an aside, I came across some cool Samurai Jack fanart:

Source

Source

Source

Nice! What's your PhD in (general details, you don't have to tell me the title of the thesis or anything), if you don't mind me asking?

I basically did a review of modern chinchillids so that I could better identify and describe chinchillids from the Miocene of Bolivia, Chile and Argentina and use that information to help me make paleoenvironmental reconstructions of those localities. I also did a review of all the Prolagostomus and Pliolagostomus species in the literature - basically to ascertain if all the species are valid and deserve to still be recognized.

Neoxon

Super's pacing is a million times better than DBZ at least. Hell, I remember people wishing the pacing was SLOWER in some of the later arcs.
I feel like Kai fixed some of those pacing issues, which makes Super feel slow by comparison. That said, I do agree in terms of comparing Super to DBZ's original anime run.

Acrylic7

Source

Source

Source

I basically did a review of modern chinchillids so that I could better identify and describe chinchillids from the Miocene of Bolivia, Chile and Argentina and use that information to help me make paleoenvironmental reconstructions of those localities. I also did a review of all the Prolagostomus and Pliolagostomus species in the literature - basically to ascertain if all the species are valid and deserve to still be recognized.

Oh wow I never noticed she had the same haircut as Princess Llana from Symbionic Titan. That was nagging at me for a while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
plot twist: they both take place in the same universe & it's actually the daughter of Llana.

also holy crap, I can't believe I just read a question asked to one of the main characters in Nier Automata......& yet it almost seemed it like it was being asked to me, the player.....like Taro Yoko KNEW.

Read about 15 chapters of Tokyo Ghoul. Now to see how much the anime fucks it up

Watched the first (and second??) episode about a couple years ago. But...think I'll do the same as you either way for now

A few moments aside, these last five episodes of JoJo BT have pretty solid animation put to them imo

Xe4

Banned

That's awesome!

Source

Source

Source

Cool fanart as well. There seems to be a lot of fanart/cosplay potential in this new series, especially with the daughters of Aku. It's super strange to see Jack in the public conscience again.

Regiruler

I will need to Tivo Super. I didn't drive 3 hours for nothing.

Also: don't see power rangers. If you need to spend time, watch one of the series on netflix instead. Lightspeed, Time Force, SPD, RPM, anything.

Y'all don't know how excited I am to start going to sleep an hour earlier.on Toonami nights.

also holy crap, I can't believe I just read a question asked to one of the main characters in Nier Automata......& yet it almost seemed it like it was being asked to me, the player.....like Taro Yoko KNEW.

Yoko Taro is an absolute madman.

Xe4

Banned
God, fuck SlingTV. The app is a pos and they don't have Toonami sign in. If it's too much of a problem I'll have to get DirecTV now... bleh.

Morlas

I will need to Tivo Super. I didn't drive 3 hours for nothing.

Also: don't see power rangers. If you need to spend time, watch one of the series on netflix instead. Lightspeed, Time Force, SPD, RPM, anything.
Don't listen to this one Power Rangers is legit

bigkrev

Why does the second-to-last Splatoon 2 Testfire have to be durring Toonami?

Wow, #FakeNews here in the Toonami thread. Movie is awesome, go see it everyone.

Regiruler

Don't listen to this one Power Rangers is legit

Why does the second-to-last Splatoon 2 Testfire have to be durring Toonami?

Wow, #FakeNews here in the Toonami thread. Movie is awesome, go see it everyone.

What fucking movie did you guys see

I want to see the movie that doesn't have cowjerking and lectures on autism.

I drove 3 hours to see this movie and play splatoon 2, and both have been disappointments in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom