• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Hey, at least it's not like 90s TV shows where they had a "TODAY ON..." preview of the episode and asking "WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?" and it was almost too spoilery, haha

I will admit, I was a sucker for those shows because those start of episode previews kept my attention.

caliph95

Hey, at least it's not like 90s TV shows where they had a "TODAY ON..." preview of the episode and asking "WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?" and it was almost too spoilery, haha

I will admit, I was a sucker for those shows because those start of episode previews kept my attention.
Goku Kills Frieza............?
The final battle

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Vegeta is such a loser he probably blows his load early every time with Bulma and then curses Goku for it and makes excuses about how he has to train harder for next time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Oda's been improving a lot in the latest arc. Hope he keeps it up,
though he's already done some eye-rolling things.

MHA's been great with writing the female characters. If it keeps it up, it'll be the best Jump series since Hunter x Hunter and Stone Ocean at doing it right.

Even the latest arc is pretty unvaried with the female character designs, though.

It's weird when Oda makes the male characters so wacky by comparison.

"Oda has no diversity in female character designs" is a meme that is at least a full decade out of date. I'm not sure why it's still around.

5sTxgeA.jpg

AWW1bbh.jpg
c0a7IRF.png
ZhgzBU8.png

FdjavRI.png
pFTt0fr.png
cK3vKYQ.png

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/1/1f/Amande_Anime_Infobox.png/revision/latest?cb=20170430073952[/IMG]

Oda's designs are varied, although he tends to gravitate towards certain faces as a base when he goes for less bizarre, and more 'attractive' characters that tend to pop up in his work.

Nami is his base for women, like Rebecca, Shirahoshi, and Vivi (bonus for Cavendish who also looks like Nami).

Zoro is his base for men, like Law, Ace, and Shanks.

He does still have a wide variety of designs for both.

cntr

Banned
The main thing is that, like, Zoro and Luffy are supposed to be normal humans, right? And you can imagine someone in real life looking like them. And you have a lot of unrealistic designs in addition to those normal designs.

But Nami and Robin are also normal humans, but nobody in real life could look like them. And every female character, unless they're either old or exaggerated in the opposite direction, follow the same exaggerated body scheme.

That's what I mean by Oda having less variety in female designs.

I don't think saying there's a timeskip is qualifies as spoiling anyone.

Saying there's a timeskip tells you nothing about where the story is going, or what happened to individual characters.

Plus the timeskip happened like 7 years ago.

Puruzi

Banned
Saying a timeskip might technically be a spoiler if OP still aired on Toonami but it doesn't and the timeskip happened years ago

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think saying there's a timeskip is qualifies as spoiling anyone.

Saying there's a timeskip tells you nothing about where the story is going, or what happened to individual characters.

Plus the timeskip happened like 7 years ago.
Well, kind of.

Jojo 1 takes place in 1880. Part 3 takes place in 1988, 108 years after Part 1.

I'm pretty sure everyone in Part 1 would be dead from old age at that point, indicating we're dealing with a new cast of characters, which some could consider as spoilers. Heck, people don't want discussion of future Jojo characters in the anime thread.

cntr

Banned
Well, since the Jojo manga is so old, it technically is long past its spoiler expiry date. So everybody starts talking about the manga at a drop of a hat, which is an issue when the anime is new, so it requires stricter standards then most threads do.

Anyway, I don't think saying Jojo has timeskips is a spoiler, aside from maybe during Part 1 since the ending is a surprise.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a slippery slope once we start posting random images from future arcs in the manga

People have been posting spoiler gifs in this thread for Hunter X Hunter for years. Naruto's remaining 300+ episodes have been discussed in great detail. We just went through a whole conversation a couple days ago where we spoiled the conclusions of several major fights in Fairy Tail with gifs...that even came with subtitles so there could be no mistaking what was happening.

Some random out-of-context screenshots of mostly minor characters from a non-Toonami show seems pretty low level on the Toonami-GAF spoiler tier list.

cntr

Banned
To be fair, we haven't really discussed what's going to happen in Naruto. The shit that happens is too insane to discuss.

Well, kind of.

Jojo 1 takes place in 1880. Part 3 takes place in 1988, 108 years after Part 1.

I'm pretty sure everyone in Part 1 would be dead from old age at that point, indicating we're dealing with a new cast of characters, which some could consider as spoilers. Heck, people don't want discussion of future Jojo characters in the anime thread.

Yeah, I guess if I went into specifics it would be a spoiler.

Like if I told everyone the One Piece timeskip is 200 years, the second impact just happened, and Franky's Human Instrumentality Project is going great, that would be a spoiler.

cntr

Banned
What, doesn't everybody know Franky's ultimate plan was to unite the oceans and humanity into one giant pool of soda, All Fizz?

Seda

as one of the few people in this thread who hasn't seen one piece past thriller bark the above images are not at all spoilers

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super is pretty much spoiling what happens in Kai.

I mean, if the Buu arc decides to use trope #31 of "character tries to sacrifice themself to beat a villain, but oh noes it doesn't work because it never does" & makes......Vegeta, let's say, the one that does it, guess what, you spoiled the fact he's still alive.

........well that & death means jack shit.

cntr

Banned
I'd say Kai's well past its spoiler expiry date by this point, heh. I'm more curious how people will deal with the references to the original series, because I've heard about some of the stuff Super brings back.

Boruto isn't written by Kishimoto.

Moaradin

I'd say Kai's well past its spoiler expiry date by this point, heh. I'm more curious how people will deal with the references to the original series, because I've heard about some of the stuff Super brings back.

Boruto isn't written by Kishimoto.

The movie was though, and that was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom