• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
tenor0cu1t.gif

cntr

Banned
It was alright. Has the problems of being a 00s cartoon aimed at kids, but it's decent and not an atrocity like some of the others.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wasn't it also from Canada or something as well, which would explain the art style?

I just remember finding the show weird because it looked like those awful "LEARN HOW TO DRAW MANGA" books with those characters on the cover that looked nothing like manga but that weird Americanized version.

cntr

Banned
It was produced in both Canada and France (because, for some reason, they wanted to market it to the US, and Canada is often used by French productions for that), and a lot of French animation of the time was into that weird anime-esque artstyle, so.

caliph95

It was produced in both Canada and France (because, for some reason, they wanted to market it to the US, and Canada is often used by French productions for that), and a lot of French animation of the time was into that weird anime-esque artstyle, so.
For other examples:
MArtin Mystery
latest

Team Galaxy
The_Far_Out_Adventures_of_Team_Galaxy.jpg

and the (from waht i seen) subpar spin off of Spies
Amazing spies:
the_amazing_spiez_fr.jpg

caliph95

I can't believe someone actually okayed naming their show "Lolirock"

toonami should air more frenchime
Sounds like chan's favourite anime
Seriously though they must be ignorant or there was some cheeky creator.

On the other hand it could be on purpose to attract the crow that would like a show called Lolirock (might as well watch clips and wonder i wasted my time)

Also apparently it was supposed to be a play on LOL

Mizerman

Sounds like chan's favourite anime
Seriously though they must be ignorant or there was some cheeky creator.

On the other hand it could be on purpose to attract the crow that would like a show called Lolirock (might as well watch clips and wonder i wasted my time)

Also apparently it was supposed to be a play on LOL

Yeah, and the "i" is supposed to mean "and." But yeah...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Boondocks is still one of the greatest cartoons ever and has some great anime inspired episodes.

To save time here is a list i bookmarked
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/byDCf.jpg[/IMG]

I was never a big fan of Code Lyoko myself. I know that's an older list though because it got some notable stuff missing like Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and the new Voltron Cartoon.

My personal rank would got:

Top Tier: Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Boondocks, Megas XLR, Samurai Jack, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Steven Universe

High Tier: Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball, The Legend of Korra, Star Wars: Rebels, Symbionic Titan, TMNT

Good Tier: Teen Titans, Transformers Xiaolin Showdown

Average Tier: Ben 10, Code Lyoko, Jackie Chan Adventures; Thundercats, Voltron

Trash Tier: Chaotix, Martin Mysteries, Stormhawks,

Dear God Kill It With Fire Tier: Kappa Mikey

cntr

Banned
Western animation got really bad in the mid and late 00s, especially compared to the 90s and early 00s.

Thankfully the 10s are setting everything back right.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Western animation got really bad in the mid and late 00s, especially compared to the 90s and early 00s.

Thankfully the 10s are setting everything back right.

That's because most places didn't want to bother. Nick went full tween and CN went live action during that time.

I remember Jackie Chan Adventures being dope.

I also remember Storm Hawks, but I think Cartoon Network only showed half of it over here in America.

Storm_Hawks_Group_Wallpaper_by_Jayne_D.png

It was...a show I watched.

cntr

Banned
Jackie Chan Adventures was amazing.

I remember being the Men in Black cartoon being oddly good, especially for a movie-derived show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom