• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The tonal shift from va who's horribly sick to wanking off how great trigun was 👌. Toonami gaf showing their appreciate for Akame ga Kill by emulating it's tone pacing.
It took me about ninety minutes to make those gifs and by the time I posted that the other nes was posted...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How many avenues of Tokyo Ghoul exposure does the universe need?

Apparently we all haven't suffered enough.

I'm going to skip out on this because simply because the line-up looks lame. There's shows I like, but there's nothing unique about what they're doing. If they start putting up good stuff that hasn't gotten airing on US TV then I might support it. Until then I don't really care.

Shit, do I even get that channel?

cntr

Banned
I watch Toonami because of this thread and uh, with that line up, I'd rather just watch the other three shows on my own.

VICELAND Announces TOONAMI-Like Block of Late-Night Anime

Initial lineup: Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo Ghoul √A, Eureka Seven and Samurai Champloo.

They might have been better off going with shows that haven't already aired on Toonami. Hoping it starts off well, especially considering I can actually get VICELAND in Canada if I wanted to watch their programs but this isn't exactly the greatest lineup to start off with.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I suspect all of those are the cheapest and/or easiest series you can get.

It looks more like stuff they know is popular for sure, which isn't a bad way of building a block. The issue with that is they have no where to go from there. That block is going to be mostly in reruns in half a year and that probably won't hold up. They might have been better off also grabbing something long-running to help anchor it when they're inevitably forced to get new shows, like Toonami has been doing with DBS and Naruto. Everything around those two shows will change, but in keeping a pair of static, long-running shows it ensures that people will come back week after week and give the new stuff a chance.

And apparently this anime block is UK only.

Oh, well shit. At least we don't have to even think about it now.

Moaradin

27efee4582b11c9e5e66be8c7752817709f11f14_hq.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently we all haven't suffered enough.

I'm going to skip out on this because simply because the line-up looks lame. There's shows I like, but there's nothing unique about what they're doing. If they start putting up good stuff that hasn't gotten airing on US TV then I might support it. Until then I don't really care.

Shit, do I even get that channel?

This is for the UK.

Seda

Same here. I like most of the shows on Toonami but the main reason I watch is to group-watch with this community.

Yeah basically. As weird as it might sound, I don't watch a lot of stuff on my own because I find it kind of boring without the interaction.

ckohler

Episode 61 "Space Napoleon"
This week Grexeno, ckohler, B-Dubs, and Crocodile discuss Anime Expo speculation, more Piccolo death, the Gohan Sucks Power Hour, titan fetishes, more edge, more Nen, Lupin's premier, ninja Patrick, and President Aramaki.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode061.mp3

Timecodes:
0:02:04 News
0:07:24 Dragonball Super
0:13:21 Dragonball Z Kai
0:23:07 Attack on Titan Season 2
0:30:49 Tokyo Ghoul
0:41:26 Hunter x Hunter
0:49:11 Lupin the III
0:56:28 Naruto Shippuden
1:01:57 Ghost in the Shell
1:03:49 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

cntr

Banned
Late stage COPD is really serious. Like "lung transplant" serious.

Even if he manages to pull through, he's not going to fully recover for years. I doubt he'll be able to do VA work ever again. :/

Mizerman

He's done a great job as Frieza. But if retirement is the best option to help him get better, then it is what it is.

One's health should always come first.

Yep. Same thing that happened to the VA of Dominic in Eureka Seven. Got sick a few years ago and had to step away from voice acting.

cntr

Banned
A lot of countries have to replace their currency after inflation gets too annoying, like "double denarius" or whatever. America and Canada are a bit weird for not having done so yet, actually.

or it's just a joke

Seda

One of my favorite lesser known VAs is Brianne Brozey/Sidall , who often did young boys in the 90s and 00s. She had a work accident on an NCIS set actually and basically was hospitalized for a long time with a spine related issue/injury. I thought it basically ended her career, but apparently her voice is back and she can do a very small amount of work despite her injury still being so severe. I guess she did a character in "The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan" (that's newish right?) and Atelier Sophie.

VICELAND Announces TOONAMI-Like Block of Late-Night Anime

Initial lineup: Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo Ghoul √A, Eureka Seven and Samurai Champloo.

I guess for the UK, it makes sense to have this. I don't think they even air anime over there on Adult Swim UK.

No surprise it's from VICELAND. A former Adult Swim behind the scenes veteran, Nick Weidenfeld, works over there so I'm sure he had something to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom