• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

ckohler when are you going to change your avatar to align to the superior hype train?

I've never played the earlier SMT games but they look dark and brooding. I prefer my supernatural, visual novel, dating sim, RPGs filled with light-hearted and endearing characters and settings. Persona 4 had so many spinoffs because they did such a good job with the overall tone and the characters. Judging by what we've seen so far, P5 looks to be the same.

My hype is in the right place. :)

I imagine if you prefer the mainline SMT games or the Persona games it probably comes down to what kind of experience you want from a game.

ckohler

I agree. I don't have anything against the other SMT games. Persona just aligns more with my tastes. Also, I'd wager all the spinoffs exist because the most recent Persona games have had a broader appeal, but that's just a guess.

Soulflarz

Banned
Uh, no

that is some intense curve there

The curve also makes no sense. Basically 10-55% is a C of sorts, while 55-85 is a B. I got a 74 (one off from a B minus, dammit) and basically I'm encouraged to not really try since half my effort would've gotten me a B still while 3 days of studying didn't net me an A.

edit: one point off from a B+, sorry :V

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The curve also makes no sense. Basically 10-55% is a C of sorts, while 55-85 is a B. I got a 74 (one off from a B minus, dammit) and basically I'm encouraged to not really try since half my effort would've gotten me a B still while 3 days of studying didn't net me an A.

That is the craziest fucking curve I have ever heard of.

Levyne

Banned
My adviser has some pretty weird curves. Something like:

73-100 : A
60-73: B
44-60: C
20-43: D
<20 F

But sometimes people score so poorly anyways that he adds ~+10 free percent to every score just to have a semi normal distribution of letters.

Soulflarz

Banned
My adviser has some pretty weird curves. Something like:

73-100 : A
60-73: B
44-60: C
20-43: D
<20 F

But sometimes people score so poorly anyways that he adds ~+10 free percent to every score just to have a semi normal distribution of letters.
But see, the distribution is fine. It's not like "65-80 points are free, 80-90 is hard, 90-100 is impossible", just make the low end like uh...more even x.x

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, something like that. D's are pretty bad in this department though, I know it means they are required to take the course again. I don't know what happens if they get a second D. I wasn't an undergrad here.

Also the free points can't get you out of an F.

Seda

This year, it’s a long Halloween, which means more Toonami. This October 31st, grab your candy haul and settle in for 4 and half hours of Akame Ga Kill!.
12:00am – Akame Ga Kill! #3
12:30am - Akame Ga Kill! #4
1:00am -Akame Ga Kill! #5
1:30am - Akame Ga Kill! #6
2:00am - Akame Ga Kill! #7
2:30am - Akame Ga Kill! #8
2:00am - (Daylight Saving Bonus Hour) Akame Ga Kill! #9
2:30am - (Daylight Saving Bonus Hour) Akame Ga Kill! #10
3:00am - Akame Ga Kill! #11

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/131233444343/this-year-its-a-long-halloween-which-means-more

Seda

Did we know about this marathon or is it new? Does it finally displace M&H's replacement till January?

And I'm excited for an AgK marathon screw all you haters

It wasn't previously announced. On a podcast he was asked what they were doing for Halloween and his answer was "Shit I dunno lol" seriously.

ckohler

This October 31st, grab your candy haul and settle in for 4 and half hours of Akame Ga Kill!.
VTUDLgr.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, no surprise at AgK getting a marathon. I'll probably rewatch it for some of the insanier moments like justice girl & her dog.

Jarate

Banned
Demarco is just testing us before we get Jojo

he wants to show us how generic anime will be so people can be stunned by how fabulous anime can be

Jarate

Banned
I tried too watch the first episode of Parasyte and almost fell asleep during it

Idk what it is about Sentai dubs, but they make me incredibly sleepy. I think it's the way the director paces conversations and when they have people respond that does it. It sound silly, but man, Parasyte actually looks pretty cool tbh

Itll prolly be easier to handle if im watching with you guys, but the past 2 weekends have been somewhat busy and tiring.

Also, I had way more fun watching SAO with you guys then I do M&H, i really like the tematic elements of m&h, but man it can sometimes drag, and the show seems really disjointed with how its episodes present themselves.

I also hope for one day the Prison School dub to reach Toonami, so far it has probably been one of the best dubs ive listened too. You can also tell the actors are having a fucking blast with the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom