• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TOONAMI OFFICIAL JIM JAM BIZZARE O METER: 0-10 with Zero being normal and 10 being BIZARRE.

JIM JAM's SEASON ONE, AKA THE GOOD ONE: It's about a 2. It's Bram Stoker's Fist of the North Star and besides burning a dog alive and some Victorian British people having rock star names it's pretty standard fare. Oh Dio Brando does do that thing with the mother and her child. A holy martial art being used to kill a vampire and some zombies. Checks out.

JIM JAM'S SEASON TWO, AKA YOU'RE GOING TO SAY JIM JAM IS A DELINQUENT: 3. Jim Jam is a delinquent...gasp...despite having good parents. It's the pernicious influence of Speedwagon. The bizarre things are where did Jim-Jam hide that Tommy gun, the whole know what you are going to say thing, and some minor bits of body horror from the Pillar Men.

Season three so far is about a six and hasn't even really began. Shit is finally starting to get Bizarre.

Well, Berserk is one of his favorite things, but yeah I am hoping he at least gets to reviewing Part 5 when that comes out.

He loves Part 2, and the general consensus I've noticed back in the day is that Parts 2 & 5 were among the favorites (the days before the anime entailing poor-quality translations for each Part, not just Part 5)
I'm still trying to figure out how people don't like Part 4. He should go watch the newer Berserk anime if he already hasn't.

Shizuru: "Step aside or I'll turn your balls into jelly!" YYH is best dub...

I'm still trying to figure out how people don't like Part 4. He should go watch the newer Berserk anime if he already hasn't.

Oh, he has.

Also, I think YYH (dubbed) might be his favorite anime? He does thoroughly love HxH as well.

This guy is great, actually

caliph95

"The family jewels have not been stolen"

"Give me a break you jerk it's called a running joke"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The internet really screwed with otaku culture.

Anime companies chasing the golden whale of merch buyers, horny nerds. It ramped up a bit about a decade ago but was always there. The real difference is that honestly a shit ton more anime gets subbed/dubbed these days so we see almost all of it. Funimation has put out some uncensored disc releases in the past three years that would end up in the hentai section of FYE if such a thing still existed, and they are the major label in US animation.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Anime companies chasing the golden whale of merch buyers, horny nerds. It ramped up a bit about a decade ago but was always there. The real difference is that honestly a shit ton more anime gets subbed/dubbed these days so we see almost all of it. Funimation has put out some uncensored disc releases in the past three years that would end up in the hentai section of FYE if such a thing still existed, and they are the major label in US animation.

I mean literally in the sense that back in the 1990s a series like say Burn Up! could get away with just selling tits but the WWW kind of ruined that whole business model so they had to get a lot more fetishistic with things.

I hope people get used to the fact that Part 2 Jojo is the last Jojo that will make any type of sense. Because it just gets weirder and weirder with every part.
She is worse at her job in universe and a coward

She was just a waitress Koto picked up, also a virgin and then not
Juri was just there for the paycheck, but Koto is about dat life. She's dedicated and enthusiastic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean literally in the sense that back in the 1990s a series like say Burn Up! could get away with just selling tits but the WWW kind of ruined that whole business model so they had to get a lot more fetishistic with things.

You can still get away with just bare ass and occasional tits if your artist is famous/you get the right VAs that people idolize. So basically replace one fetish with another form of idolatry!

caliph95

Also speaking of YYH what did you guys think of Jin's Irish accent and Chu's Australian
I couldn't understand Jin sometimes

I hope people get used to the fact that Part 2 Jojo is the last Jojo that will make any type of sense. Because it just gets weirder and weirder with every part.
You're not far enough to judge but yes

7 almost makes sense and is half normal

Juri was just there for the paycheck, but Koto is about dat life. She's dedicated and enthusiastic.
Best announcer and narrator is clearly Jorge the oni

Also speaking of YYH what did you guys think of Jin's Irish accent and Chu's Australian
Chu's actually pretty funny. Jin's...ok. Even Super Eyepatch Wolf hated it.
I couldn't understand Jin sometimes

You're not far enough to judge but yes

7 almost makes sense and is half normal
Part 6 broke my fucking brain. Marathoning that and Part 5 that close to each other probably burned me out a little. Hence the break.

You ever wonder why YYH got a good dub, I mean I could understand Cowboy bebop but its sort of surprising how a shonen anime got a decent dub

You ever wonder why YYH got a good dub, I mean I could understand Cowboy bebop but its sort of surprising how a shonen anime got a decent dub
That cast got a lot of practice with DBZ in my opinion, most of it's the same, not to mention the cast is actually pretty good, I think even Troy Baker is in there at some point.

Fucking Yusuke lol.
aIKcIy6.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So over in the Japanese version of Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble, they're doing an event involving CoroCoro magazine, and one can add the protagonist of Beyblade to their team. I didn't realize Beyblade was still popular there. I know it's still a thing, but I thought it was just coasting like Power Rangers. Or maybe it is just coasting...

Anyone still have that clip of the abysmal Beyblade dub?

Morlas

So over in the Japanese version of Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble, they're doing an event involving CoroCoro magazine, and one can add the protagonist of Beyblade to their team. I didn't realize Beyblade was still popular there. I know it's still a thing, but I thought it was just coasting like Power Rangers. Or maybe it is just coasting...

Anyone still have that clip of the abysmal Beyblade dub?
Dragooooon storm attack!

Oh look.a fairy tail rant

Meh I have nothing better to do

He has 2 or 3 more before that, and they were quite hilarious from what I remember, in spite of the literal suffering it had put him through.
And the knowledge I have on YYH's villains + memorization of the "Smile Bomb" lyrics are thanks to this guy

Genkai was hardcore as fuck. She was like the only person in the series to constantly roast Yusuke. Every other line had her sending him to the burn ward.
Genkai had no time to be Yusuke's surrogate mother. She just dragged the kid throughout the whole series, though she did love him, it's still the toughest love imaginable.

Hiei: "Kurama, don't make me pull out your precious voice box." Like Hiei would ever harm his husbando.

When I visit Texas sometime soon, maybe I'll be able to meet some of the Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho cast & remind them how fantastic those dubs are
and maybe ask them if they're familiar with HxH

Mizerman

Genkai was hardcore as fuck. She was like the only person in the series to constantly roast Yusuke. Every other line had her sending him to the burn ward.

Right?

She wasn't having any of Yusuke's shit and let him know right off the bat.

Hiei: "Kurama, don't make me pull out your precious voice box." Like Hiei would ever harm his husbando.

Hiei knew what time it was when it came to Kurama.

When I visit Texas sometime soon, maybe I'll be able to meet some of the Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho cast & remind them how fantastic those dubs are
and maybe ask them if they're familiar with HxH
Tell Chris Sabat to audition for
Knuckle
even though I think it's too late now. Yeah their work on YYH holds up really well, especially Justin Cook.
Hiei knew what time it was when it came to Kurama.
Hiei knew not to fuck with Kurama.

Long periods of Spider Ball = Oh god, I wish I could use the D-pad.

It's also a pain when I want to quickly turn into the morph ball while in mid-air, but otherwise, the controls haven't been as bad as I thought it'd be, aside from having to switch weapons via touch screen.

The fact that you can't use the Dpad to move makes me really want to stop playing, 45 minutes in. It's inexcusable.

It also means I have a bunch of trouble hitting anything without the free aim; that and the counter are cool but sometimes those mechanics feel like a way to fix how forcing me to use the circle pad fucked with the precision.

I like the game overall but the controls are bad and they're like so obviously bad I can't believe they provided no option to remap them. The 3DS already hurts my hands sometimes as is.

I also think the way they mapped things to the ABXY buttons is just not the way I keep expecting it to be.

Top Bottom