• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So of course I purchase a PS4 the same week that Xenoblade X comes out...

Ah well, I'm an adult I can own both at the SAME time ahahahahahahaha!

Kraftwerk

Dion Pheneuf is doing a fan meetup at Eaton center this Monday. I assume every single one of you are going?

Guys?

....guys?

cocopuffs

Banned
So apparently this whole situation has blown up to the point that Citynews is interviewing people in the area on TV about "police harassment".
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/lcbo-arrest-sheridan-mall-1.3346092

This is ridiculous lol, situation is cut and dry. Guy tried buying beer underage assaulted officer, got arrested, couple people made a ruckus for no reason, guy who grabbed officer got arrested. There is no "pervasive trend of police harassment" in the area.

Is our city that boring that news crews have to find every tiny thing to latch on to and run with it till the end of time?

Ever since election season, some douches working for this neo-nazi party called the New Constitution Party of Canada would leave these dumb political newspaper on our mail slot every Friday. Anyone else getting these? Apparently their scope used to be exclusively to Beaches neighborhoods but I guess they expanded?

You know I think Google wants you to buy a Nexus 6P

z7DlwDh.jpg

I'll just take this as a sign of Google giving shit, and hopefully making Project Fi a thing here so I can get the fuck out of Rogers.

Interesting that they made those Toronto shoes slightly less ugly than every other Nike shoe. Still kind of ugly but not vomit inducing ugly.

ahdurian

Worked on me, I'm planning to get it.

im debating on getting it since the one i backed on KS still hasn't been fulfilled after 3 months of waiting =/

what would you guys suggest getting?
S6 Edge, 6P or Nexus 6? I can get all of those at least $100 off right now because of my work benefits, but not sure what to get
Definitely don't want an iphone since I like being able to customize stuff, and I already have too many apps on Google Play compared to iTunes store

im debating on getting it since the one i backed on KS still hasn't been fulfilled after 3 months of waiting =/

what would you guys suggest getting?
S6 Edge, 6P or Nexus 6? I can get all of those at least $100 off right now because of my work benefits, but not sure what to get
Definitely don't want an iphone since I like being able to customize stuff, and I already have too many apps on Google Play compared to iTunes store

If you're going for Nexus you might as well get the 6P, cause its the latest and greatest. I got the 6P last week, and my friend has owned an S6 Edge for a while. The 6P is the best Android phone I've ever used, and it has almost everything I basically want out of an Android phone. It was also my only good choice coming off an HTC One M7. The Xperia Z5 is Bell exclusive, and the LG V10 isn't even coming to Canada, which left me with the 6P (I dislike Samsung phones). The battery life on it is fantastic (I only have to charge my phone every 2 days), and I run my phones into the ground with how much time I waste reading manga, Reddit, Neogaf and Twitter on them. The fact it has rapid charging makes it even easier because it only takes like 30-50 minutes to get a full charge.

Also it's a Google phone. No carrier or manufacturer bloatware, just a straight up Google phone that comes with Google apps that I think most people use anyway.

I can't speak much to the S6 Edge, but my friend is disappointed in its battery life. He's actually thinking of switching to a Note 5 (he works at Telus so he can get a discount). A bigger S6 with a bigger screen, better battery + rapid charging.

Still waiting for a special Google Nexus 6P "The 6ix" Edition or some bullshit like that

N° 2048

My Nexus 4 would probably survive a nuclear apocalypse lol

My girlfriends Nexus 5 is also sturdy as fuck.
Great phones except the lack of external memory on our models(don't know if that's changed)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If you're going for Nexus you might as well get the 6P, cause its the latest and greatest. I got the 6P last week, and my friend has owned an S6 Edge for a while. The 6P is the best Android phone I've ever used, and it has almost everything I basically want out of an Android phone. It was also my only good choice coming off an HTC One M7. The Xperia Z5 is Bell exclusive, and the LG V10 isn't even coming to Canada, which left me with the 6P (I dislike Samsung phones). The battery life on it is fantastic (I only have to charge my phone every 2 days), and I run my phones into the ground with how much time I waste reading manga, Reddit, Neogaf and Twitter on them. The fact it has rapid charging makes it even easier because it only takes like 30-50 minutes to get a full charge.

Also it's a Google phone. No carrier or manufacturer bloatware, just a straight up Google phone that comes with Google apps that I think most people use anyway.

I can't speak much to the S6 Edge, but my friend is disappointed in its battery life. He's actually thinking of switching to a Note 5 (he works at Telus so he can get a discount). A bigger S6 with a bigger screen, better battery + rapid charging.

Still waiting for a special Google Nexus 6P "The 6ix" Edition or some bullshit like that

What is this? Explain.

I'm probably not buying the 6P until around end of the year...more out of laziness and feeling bad that I just bought a PS4 and want to space out the big purchases.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
my friend actually had a sour and he LOVED it. I forgot what it was called. They seem to also rotate their list every week or two.

You didn't try it? You should definitely give it a go. I didn't like the ones I tried from the LCBO (Mikkeller), BUT I'm pretty certain that if you go to the brewery or get it draught, it'd be better.

Though my friend from the LCBO got me some Rodenbach...oh my god...I'm sure even shadowkat would like this. I would say it's my favourite beer now, and while I like the Belgian stuff and Trappist stuff, this just blew my mind.

I should get more of that...but the beetus... :(

Otherwise, today was a good day. Got my new iphone 6s, unlocked my old 5s, and finally got my hearing problems cleared up too.

I don't remember the LCBO carrying a sour from Mikkeller?

Rodenbach is amazing, though. A truly outstanding beer. I wish sours were more popular.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't remember the LCBO carrying a sour from Mikkeller?

Rodenbach is amazing, though. A truly outstanding beer. I wish sours were more popular.

Most definitely did at one time.

edit: why am I tellin you this? D: you should be able to look it up in your inventory. It was awhile ago though.

Kraftwerk

Was standing at the beer store, and looking at the options, and the guy who works there says to me "you looking for Coors?"

Never been so disgusted in my life.

What is this? Explain.

I'm probably not buying the 6P until around end of the year...more out of laziness and feeling bad that I just bought a PS4 and want to space out the big purchases.

Oh it was just some bad off-hand reference to the Nike "the 6" shoes posted a bit earlier. Having a special edition Nexus "The 6P" phone seems like a dumb thing that could exist in my head

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Finally went to Carl's Jr today.

I ordered the Big Carl and I was surprised at how well put together it was ended up being.

The size was really nice and it wasn't one of those ones where you have to break your jaw trying to take a bite. Bun was toasted sesame seed and held everything together without getting soggy and sliding all over the damn place. The dressing and sauces added to the burger without overpowering it. Unfortunately, while everything else was decent, the beef patties were very underwhelming as they weren't very thick or juicy and didn't exactly have a lot of flavour themselves; the flavour really came more from the sauces than anything else. While I would definitely rank this above most of the stuff you'd get in a fast food place, I wouldn't put it over Wendy's for sure and it's definitely not near BP or Holy Chuck. it might be different had i gotten one of those burgers with the thicker patty, but maybe i'll try it next time.

Finally went to Carl's Jr today.

I ordered the Big Carl and I was surprised at how well put together it was ended up being.

The size was really nice and it wasn't one of those ones where you have to break your jaw trying to take a bite. Bun was toasted sesame seed and held everything together without getting soggy and sliding all over the damn place. The dressing and sauces added to the burger without overpowering it. Unfortunately, while everything else was decent, the beef patties were very underwhelming as they weren't very thick or juicy and didn't exactly have a lot of flavour themselves; the flavour really came more from the sauces than anything else. While I would definitely rank this above most of the stuff you'd get in a fast food place, I wouldn't put it over Wendy's for sure and it's definitely not near BP or Holy Chuck. it might be different had i gotten one of those burgers with the thicker patty, but maybe i'll try it next time.

Does Carl Jr's here have milkshakes? My online American friends seem to like their milkshakes more than their burgers.

Carl's Jr. was the epitome of mediocrity to me. Good portion sizes and good value in that context, but yeah that patty was just bland and the whole meal sorta forgettable and whatever as a result. That being said, I'd still eat there again before Five Guys.

Most definitely did at one time.

edit: why am I tellin you this? D: you should be able to look it up in your inventory. It was awhile ago though.

I was thinking it had to be during the Mikkeller spotlight we did but maybe not. (Fun fact: Mikkeller products sold so poorly during the promotion that it killed the entire brewery spotlight program just as it was getting off the ground).

I'm sorry I missed it then, I would have loved to try a sour from them. I enjoyed all the ones I did try. (Except the Black, I guess, but I never kept a bottle to age and see if it actually became palatable like they claimed.)

Does Carl Jr's here have milkshakes? My online American friends seem to like their milkshakes more than their burgers.

Their milkshakes are really good.

And I agree their meat patties aren't the greatest but their toppings are delicious. It's definitely what I think of getting when I don't want to spend as much as Burger Priest, but I want something fancier than McDonald's.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Carl's Jr. was the epitome of mediocrity to me. Good portion sizes and good value in that context, but yeah that patty was just bland and the whole meal sorta forgettable and whatever as a result. That being said, I'd still eat there again before Five Guys.

I was thinking it had to be during the Mikkeller spotlight we did but maybe not. (Fun fact: Mikkeller products sold so poorly during the promotion that it killed the entire brewery spotlight program just as it was getting off the ground).

I'm sorry I missed it then, I would have loved to try a sour from them. I enjoyed all the ones I did try. (Except the Black, I guess, but I never kept a bottle to age and see if it actually became palatable like they claimed.)
I didn't really like any of them...Rodenbach though...omg...you have anything similar? I'm at a bar right now having another sour (Gosebuster by Liberty Vilage Brewing) and it's simply not comparable.

And I agree their meat patties aren't the greatest but their toppings are delicious. It's definitely what I think of getting when I don't want to spend as much as Burger Priest, but I want something fancier than McDonald's.
There was a section for milkshakes but nobody was stationing it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We went to the Carl's Jr on St Clair. It was basically empty inside and probably the cleanest fast food place I've been in, attributed to the low volume of customers, I'd guess. I had one of the chicken burgers, Chris has the original $6 (which is hilariously $7). The meal was fine, it was actually a well presented burger, which surprised me. Carl's Jr in the States (12+ years ago anyway) was always this slobby nasty burger place. But for the price, eh, it was only okay.. I wouldn't mind heading back on one of their 2 for 1 days, definitely wouldn't make a habit out of it.

Better fries than Burger's Priest though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ahdurian

Gimme yo PSN IDs!

Tontaku22

PS4 is the new life!

ahdurian

i don't play many multiplayer games though, mainly RPGs.
like i'm playing FF7 for the i don't know how many times now because its on PS4. everytime a FF gets released on a console/handheld, even if it's a port/remake, i end up buying it and playing it all over again

I guess I should hit up Carls Jr at some point then just for their milkshakes. It sounds like I won't like it more than Holy Chuck's, but I also don't like Burgers Priest as much so I guess it's worth at least trying it? I know there's one on Queen St, I should probably go to that one tomorrow after class, or the one on St Clair

Lexxism

The battery life on it is fantastic (I only have to charge my phone every 2 days), and I run my phones into the ground with how much time I waste reading manga, Reddit, Neogaf and Twitter on them. The fact it has rapid charging makes it even easier because it only takes like 30-50 minutes to get a full charge.
Do you use an app to read a manga or a browser?

Do you use an app to read a manga or a browser?

It's a wonderful mix of using MoonReader+ to read downloaded fan translated volumes, and official stuff like the Shounen Jump App to support some currently serialized series. I know as far as 'legit' goes, Crunchyroll's mobile manga app is a million times better than their shitty desktop manga site. I subscribed to it for 2 weeks just to catch up on Yamada-kun before the anime started. If I'm lazy and I'm in bed I sometimes just go on Batoto on Firefox on my phone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We went to the Carl's Jr on St Clair. It was basically empty inside and probably the cleanest fast food place I've been in, attributed to the low volume of customers, I'd guess. I had one of the chicken burgers, Chris has the original $6 (which is hilariously $7). The meal was fine, it was actually a well presented burger, which surprised me. Carl's Jr in the States (12+ years ago anyway) was always this slobby nasty burger place. But for the price, eh, it was only okay.. I wouldn't mind heading back on one of their 2 for 1 days, definitely wouldn't make a habit out of it.

Better fries than Burger's Priest though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We agree on something burger related? D:

Now I just need you to bow to the warmth.

I never get anything besides the burgers at BP anyways.

They also bring the burger out to you at Carl's as well and yeah it was clean likely due to the low amount of people there. It doesn't really have a YOU MUST TRY THIS AMERICAN FRANCHISE vibe to it...
Gimme yo PSN IDs!

Tontaku22

PS4 is the new life!
Unless you play Bloodborne, go drink a Coors

kaydin

I am changing my Canadian address and was wondering if anyone can think of anywhere else I need to update my address with other than Drivers License, Health Card, Revenue Canada, Bank?

ahdurian

I am changing my Canadian address and was wondering if anyone can think of anywhere else I need to update my address with other than Drivers License, Health Card, Revenue Canada, Bank?

According to Service Canada...I guess just Canada Post for you?

Checklist:
  • Contact your provincial or territorial ministry responsible for health.
  • Contact the Canada Revenue Agency to change your address.
  • Change your address with the Employment Insurance program, if applicable, so that you will continue to receive your benefits on time. You can easily update your personal information using My Service Canada Account.
  • Update your Canada Pension Plan program and/or the Old Age Security information, if applicable, so that you will continue to receive your benefits on time. You can easily update your personal information using My Service Canada Account.
  • Visit your local post office or change your address online with Canada Post.
  • Contact your provincial or territorial ministry responsible for transportation to change your address if you have any licenced vehicles.
  • Contact the Canadian Firearms Centre to change your address if you have a firearms licence.
  • Contact any other government or local authorities to change your address for any additional licences you may have (e.g., hunting licence).

Top Bottom