• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Sober

So as an experiment we should just trade off the entire roster with another for a season and see what happens?

(damn if only I were that rich)

edit: Kuro's just spamming my twitter feed with retweets now

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm not too well-versed in the leafs so was this clarkson guy the vernon wells of the maple leafs?

Close.

I want you to imagine Vernon Wells as we knew him when he got traded.

Now imagine Vernon Wells decided to throw the ball with his left hand and decided to bat from the opposite side of the plate.

That's what David Clarkson was to us.

Rinoa

Walked to and from work today in only a suit and my Burberry trench coat. Feeling dat team winter taking over.

rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

just you wait for them 34 degree days with 90% humidity

Zynx

Thanks for the suggestions to go to Shoppers Drug Mart to find the oral syringes; the store did in fact have them, although they didn't have the curved tip that would've been ideal.
Now the final question, Toronto? Scarberia? Asiancourt? Yawngh? ...Mimico? :/
Scarberia, I like it here, though. There's a very nice park in walking distance that I can take a pleasant walk around in the evenings whenever I feel like it during the warmer times of the year. It's something you really appreciate after having lived in places like Hong Kong and Tokyo.

I've been gradually clicking through the collection of photos in the OP and I like them a lot. Any links to the full-sized originals? (e: I guess I have to comb through the previous threads?)

And dogs > cats, since I'm allergic to the latter. But that only helps me more easily see the truth that cats are lazy moochers while dogs are actually your pals!

Walked to and from work today in only a suit and my Burberry trench coat. Feeling dat team winter taking over.

It was not even that cold today, didn't wear my scarf lol. I notice this thread gets more positive on warmer days. :) :)

Sunset times gone past 6PM yesss we're getting there! Going home in the dark is depressing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the suggestions to go to Shoppers Drug Mart to find the oral syringes; the store did in fact have them, although they didn't have the curved tip that would've been ideal.

Scarberia, I like it here, though. There's a very nice park in walking distance that I can take a pleasant walk around in the evenings whenever I feel like it during the warmer times of the year. It's something you really appreciate after having lived in places like Hong Kong and Tokyo.

I've been gradually clicking through the collection of photos in the OP and I like them a lot. Any links to the full-sized originals? (e: I guess I have to comb through the previous threads?)

And dogs > cats, since I'm allergic to the latter. But that only helps me more easily see the truth that cats are lazy moochers while dogs are actually your pals!
So, dogs > cats...! :<
image.php

image.php

image.php

Eh, still part of #teamwarm. Come to the next meet up!

It was not even that cold today, didn't wear my scarf lol. I notice this thread gets more positive on warmer days. :) :)
Sunset times gone past 6PM yesss we're getting there! Going home in the dark is depressing.
Not too cold, but still too cold for my liking
oh cool -30 tomorrow morning...

........................bring on the heat and humidity.
Take day off...need to go out for X-Ray....shit....

ahdurian

Close.

I want you to imagine Vernon Wells as we knew him when he got traded.

Now imagine Vernon Wells decided to throw the ball with his left hand and decided to bat from the opposite side of the plate.

That's what David Clarkson was to us.

legit

Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?

Were you listening to this album?
SS7eo4r.jpg

Toronto photo of the day:
RngP9qZ.jpg

source

Sashimi and maki
5CrQsYI.jpg

Sushi Couture (this is the only decent sushi in the Annex. Never get tricked into going to Sushi On Bloor by people who pretend to like sushi and then only order cucumber rolls)

mr.rager

Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?

I actually see a lot of people with album art on their phones but within my group of friends, yup. I take organizing and labeling my music pretty seriously lol I get so pissed off when I look at my gf's iphone and see how unorganized and cluttered it is. and no album art!! ffuuuuuuuuu

EVERYTHING has to be properly tagged (artist name - album - track # - filename) and they all have to have album art.

Quick

Banned
I actually see a lot of people with album art on their phones but within my group of friends, yup. I take organizing and labeling my music pretty seriously lol I get so pissed off when I look at my gf's iphone and see how unorganized and cluttered it is. and no album art!! ffuuuuuuuuu

EVERYTHING has to be properly tagged (artist name - album - track # - filename) and they all have to have album art.

mr.rager and I have something in common (that isn't sports related). This is strange.

I let iTunes keep my files organized, with some editing on my end. Album art is a must. If the song isn't part of an album, I leave the Album field blank, but I dig around extensively to find out if it's been in any sort of compilation just so it has something. I also end up organizing music in soundtracks that aren't exclusive to the album to their respective albums.

I haven't had to do that recently with Spotify though.

flkraven

Already got some great suggestions from the deals thread, but I'm going to post here for more!:

Heading to Toronto for a few hours tomorrow. I will be on foot, and will be wandering around younge and spadina. I made a list of places I want to hit, but I would love any suggestions in the area for the following items:

-Video Games, Blurays, & Anime
-Comic Books and Manga
-Anime, Comic, and Gaming Figures and Statues
-Generally, anything having to do with games, comics, and anime (lol)

Thanks a bunch!

dubq

Already got some great suggestions from the deals thread, but I'm going to post here for more!:

Heading to Toronto for a few hours tomorrow. I will be on foot, and will be wandering around younge and spadina. I made a list of places I want to hit, but I would love any suggestions in the area for the following items:

-Comic Books and Manga

Thanks a bunch!

Hmm, those streets do not intersect, lol.. which East/West street are you wandering on between the two? The first posts in this thread actually have a great listing of these types of shops to visit downtown.

A few I frequent:
Silver Snail - Yonge & Dundas
One Million Comix - Yonge & Wellesley
401 Games - Yonge & Wellesey

ahdurian

-Comic Books and Manga

Thanks a bunch!

A&C Games @ Spadina/College
AnimeXtreme @ Spadina/Baldwin (East side)
Iceman Games @ Spadina/Baldwin (West side; in Kensington Market) or @ Queen/Bathurst

flkraven

Hmm, those streets do not intersect, lol.. which East/West street are you wandering on between the two? The first posts in this thread actually have a great listing of these types of shops to visit downtown.

I'm probably gonna take transit down bloor and queen between these streets

dubq

I'm probably gonna take transit down bloor and queen between these streets

Cool cool, definitely check out those shops I posted. I especially love 401 Games' new location. They have soooo much space/stock now for any of your figure/card/boardgame needs. ;) Also the ones in ahdurian's post are great as well!

mr.rager

mr.rager and I have something in common (that isn't sports related). This is strange.

I let iTunes keep my files organized, with some editing on my end. Album art is a must. If the song isn't part of an album, I leave the Album field blank, but I dig around extensively to find out if it's been in any sort of compilation just so it has something. I also end up organizing music in soundtracks that aren't exclusive to the album to their respective albums.

I haven't had to do that recently with Spotify though.

looooool we can put aside our differences when it comes to the weather when we're discussing how to organize music.

If the song isn't part of an album I just use the track title as the album, looks good when browsing through albums from an artist. I don't really use spotify as I find their library to be lacking. And Mediamonkey is godlike for organizing music, access to Amazon library from different parts of the world makes tagging albums soooo easy.

I'm like the only person who still owns a dedicated music playing device

I still have my 2nd gen ipod touch! I just use it on my car though lol.

:edit:

0SvwrXr.jpg

my setup at home. Sennheiser HD650 + Magni and Modi DAC/Amp. Shit is soooooooo good. I eventually want to upgrade to a HD800 and a different DAC and Amp.

flkraven

A few I frequent:
Silver Snail - Yonge & Dundas
One Million Comix - Yonge & Wellesley
401 Games - Yonge & Wellesey

A&C Games @ Spadina/College
AnimeXtreme @ Spadina/Baldwin (East side)
Iceman Games @ Spadina/Baldwin (West side; in Kensington Market) or @ Queen/Bathurst

Cool cool, definitely check out those shops I posted. I especially love 401 Games' new location. They have soooo much space/stock now for any of your figure/card/boardgame needs. ;) Also the ones in ahdurian's post are great as well!

Thanks for the help guys!

Roto13

That tiny hole is still around?

They moved to a slightly larger space in the same location.

Unless I see a specific deal advertised somewhere else, Game Centre is still my favourite place to buy games. Though the weak dollar and game price increases have made shopping for games anywhere a drag.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hey everyone!

Today is the birthday of Toronto-GAF member BigJonsson.

Be sure to wish him a happy one!

Happy bday Jonsson.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They moved to a slightly larger space in the same location.

Unless I see a specific deal advertised somewhere else, Game Centre is still my favourite place to buy games. Though the weak dollar and game price increases have made shopping for games anywhere a drag.

They're still fine, but their retro selection of anything past last generation is minimal now. It's sad, because when I first started going there they had a massive collection of older stuff. I guess they don't see many old trade ins anymore and don't go hunting for them much. Thankfully there are actually a few options for retro in the city now. Game Mania is my new personal favourite. Yes, you're still paying the Canadian premium you'll find at Iceman and A&C though. It should be noted for people in other parts of the city, Game Centre has a (much smaller) location on St Clair West and one on the Danforth too. Charles is definitely the main location and the easiest to reach for most.

A few things:

1) Buh-bye Clarkson! I welcome the cap space.

2) It's pretty nice out today. Or, at least was.

3) Cats >> Dogs

4) I hate the city. Drove into Toronto the other day and couldn't wait to leave.

Top Bottom