• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto Meetup VIII: The Ocho. #teamwinter won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oh god. I'll probably go, I'm new to the city and since I got here I've barely even had time to think let alone hang out with real live people. But things are starting to stabilize now.

Anyways, I'm an MH fanatic. I played Wii U MH3U a lot with gaf when it came out so I might have even run into some of you there - I saw evilmario mentioned and I played with him a ton. I'm a tad rusty but it'll all come back to me.

Fair warning that I'm a country bumpkin from the barren wastes of northern ontario and I've never actually been to a ramen place. Sounds like fun though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god. I'll probably go, I'm new to the city and since I got here I've barely even had time to think let alone hang out with real live people. But things are starting to stabilize now.

Anyways, I'm an MH fanatic. I played Wii U MH3U a lot with gaf when it came out so I might have even run into some of you there - I saw evilmario mentioned and I played with him a ton. I'm a tad rusty but it'll all come back to me.

Fair warning that I'm a country bumpkin from the barren wastes of northern ontario and I've never actually been to a ramen place. Sounds like fun though.

You have it on 3DS? If so, Quad should be there early so you can get in a round or two. I 'should' be there early as well, but we'll see. Not sure if EM is coming, he's just a lurking bum nowadays.

Quick

Banned

If I come, I'll make sure to give you the city experience by being extremely rude.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If I come, I'll make sure to give you the city experience by being extremely rude.
The Don Quick special
Poster child for generic asian? I'm neither an engineer, (pre-)med, or law. Or even web design!
Are you doing or studying IT? Does your face get red after a few beers? Are you shy around girls? Do you wear glasses? Do you drive a Japanese car?

I can go on here, Drunken...

edit: Pics from the last meet up

WAvFcaY.jpg

Quadratic with the victory pose
EMmiKiB.jpg

Krae_Man's Box
ED1AqgJ.jpg

Dat SWAG!

Why isn't this SATURDAY!?!? :(

I'm from Buffalo and going to IEM Toronto and getting a hotel room for Sat/Sun. Wish this was on Saturday night isntead :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why isn't this SATURDAY!?!? :(

I'm from Buffalo and going to IEM Toronto and getting a hotel room for Sat/Sun. Wish this was on Saturday night isntead :(
Sorry, dude. We let everyone know we're planning in the Toronto Community thread and ask for suggestions or dates. I have no freakin idea why it's always Friday. But planning get togethers is like ordering pizza, nobody says anything and then they all complain afterwards.

Sorry, dude. We let everyone know we're planning in the Toronto Community thread and ask for suggestions or dates. I have no freakin idea why it's always Friday. But planning get togethers is like ordering pizza, nobody says anything and then they all complain afterwards.

I'm usually not in the community thread as I don't live there D: But I'll be there Sat/Sun if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be watching IEM (SC2) the entire time and hopefully getting some good food and beer after.

Quick

Banned
My "maybe" might be turning into a "yes" depending on how my Friday goes.

Transportation is really my big hurdle. Not that it's hard, but I am a lazy person.

Fuck it.

100% confirmed.

At least a round of drinks and/or shots on me. And no, not Coors Light.

Show up.

You have been warned.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My "maybe" might be turning into a "yes" depending on how my Friday goes.

Transportation is really my big hurdle. Not that it's hard, but I am a lazy person.
Maybe to a might be yes is still a maybe but close enough. Now soultron just has to clog your arteries.

@Alpha yessssssss! Not sure if we decided on a bar or whatever afterwards yet.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn! Almost 25 people coming to this! I assume some of you will drop out cause you're hipster bums, but this will be a great turnout

Quadratic

Damn! Almost 25 people coming to this! I assume some of you will drop out cause you're hipster bums, but this will be a great turnout

Evil Mario came to the Toronto Facebook Monster Hunter meetup yesterday. He can confirm we gotten more women to show up for that than the GAF meetups.

Got any suggestions for a bar? I'm thinking Mick E Flynns on Carlton.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Evil Mario came to the Toronto Facebook Monster Hunter meetup yesterday. He can confirm we gotten more women to show up for that than the GAF meetups.

Got any suggestions for a bar? I'm thinking Mick E Flynns on Carlton.
Never been there

Google suggests The Queen & Beaver Public House (35 Elm St, Toronto, M5G 1H1)

I've been to and can suggest Pogue Mahoney (777 Bay St, Toronto, M5G 2B3)

Joke suggestion is Zanzibar.

Quadratic

Never been there

Google suggests The Queen & Beaver Public House (35 Elm St, Toronto, M5G 1H1)

I've been to and can suggest Pogue Mahoney (777 Bay St, Toronto, M5G 2B3)

Joke suggestion is Zanzibar.

Q&B is probably too small. My friend is a Manchester United fan and I've been with him to watch Premier League there. If we have over 20 people no hope getting all of the group in.

JCX

Been meaning to visit Toronto again. I'd go if I had my passport in time. Maybe I'll just get an enhanced License since it's expiring anyway.

Derwind

Figures, the one time I'm in Toronto, the meetup happens 5 days after I have to leave back to Alberta.

I'll make it one of these days.

Oppo

What about The Pilot? Good rooftop (covered) and works for big groups. Right at Yonge/Bloor (or very close) for subway access. Just a thought.

Quadratic

Maybe I should ask people to post if they are coming to ramen or just drinks after. Starting to have the feeling by next week we may have too many for Raijin.

Or I'm just overreacting. There's always people who confirm but fail to make it for whatever reason.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should ask people to post if they are coming to ramen or just drinks after. Starting to have the feeling by next week we may have too many for Raijin.

Or I'm just overreacting. There's always people who confirm but fail to make it for whatever reason.

I think we'll be fine. If not, some can go ahead to start drinking or poutining while the others ramen it up.

Quadratic

I thought the whole reason this meetup existed was for ramen! Ramen dammit!

Also drinks after.

I'm not sure everyone is coming for ramen. If you're Muslim I think only the apps are safe since everything has pork in it. The chicken broth ramen might be okay if they omit the chasiu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom