• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto Meetup VIII: The Ocho. #teamwinter won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now that I know I have a place to stay for a couple nights, I'm definitely in. My girlfriend will be with me, neither of us are Asian. Let's gooooo.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I see officially 25 peeps. We're not gonna need a reservation...assuming they can even fit us all inside?

Should we split into two 'places just in case?

Ramen can go to ramen (though I freakin want ramen) and the others to a non-pork food?

Quadratic

I don't think it's at a critical point to split the meetup since I believe anyone who wanted to come has already posted. There's always some no shows. Some have said they are bringing +1's too. That being said we'll come to the decision when we get there. Raijin can hold 70 people. The kitchen staff might be slow due to how many orders we're going to generate. Unless there's opposition, I'm going to call Mick E. Flynn's as our after ramen bar locale. Will put the details in the OP. If it's full (doubtful) there are options west along College St.

Sober

The numbers game does not come into effect for generic asians. I mean, they're all too busy playing other numbers games because they're asian and such...

Oppo

Don't think Ocho will be a problem. It's quite big. My wife works next door to it and says it's often not real busy.

It's got a better layout too, I dislike the super long tables, you can't talk to everyone

Quadratic

Don't think Ocho will be a problem. It's quite big. My wife works next door to it and says it's often not real busy.

It's got a better layout too, I dislike the super long tables, you can't talk to everyone

Oh, I hope you're not going to Ocho on Spadina
data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,LCbYtV8DMgn4TCtm7dQpVL3xyCHpPHeBfEXCNPIlewk-wXUKznPL1-gBrfAog0RgRU-XDXdajK_fY6fJfxfJXJcQZuw-s8bRflEtH__V6gXaMTfDxVZRxUOcsnk
Because the Ocho in the thread title alludes to this being the 8th meetup.

We're going to Raijin Ramen on Gerrard and then depending on how people feel Mick E. Flynn's on Carlton afterwards.

krae_man

I'll miss you guys. Well not really. PAX baby!

Also I don't agree with using the word happy in the same sentence as alphatwoo00. He only knows varying degrees of unhappiness.

Quadratic

If anyone wants to play Mon Hun on 3ds I'll be going down early tomorrow. I saw Evil Mario recently and he said he might be coming. I'm thinking 3rd floor Yonge/Dundas food court. Lots of tables and space. Short walk to ramen after. 6-ish?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone wants to play Mon Hun on 3ds I'll be going down early tomorrow. I saw Evil Mario recently and he said he might be coming. I'm thinking 3rd floor Yonge/Dundas food court. Lots of tables and space. Short walk to ramen after. 6-ish?

Doubt I'll be there that early, but I'll see if I can't get there a bit early around 6:30 or so

Mupod

I'll see what I can do! I'm super rusty, but worst case scenario I can pick up a hammer and rely on thousands of hours of muscle memory. I'm known for HH/HBG in 3U though, and it's what my character is presumably set up for. Gotta remember to transfart him off my Wii U before I leave.

Anyways, that's the same place the Sony conference screening was held in right? I've only been there once, but unlike most of Toronto that is a place I've actually been. I'd be coming from Etobicoke via public transit and I get off work at 5 so making it there for 6 is unlikely, but 6:30 is possible.

Also I got a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday, but it's already healed up so no worries.

Quadratic

Will there be a pre-meetup meetup?

Yeah, I'll be having the usual Monster Hunter / streetpass / handheld meetup at Yonge Dundas 3rd level food court before ramen around 6:30pm if anyone wants to come. If you want to pre drink, you can always add a locale if you're coming from work and need to kill a bit of time. We'll be drinking at a bar after.

Someone posted in the gaming section that Monster Hunter 3 is on sale for 3DS on the eShop? Perfect time for everyone to pick up a copy and get carried by Quadratic to high level quests.

whitehawk

Banned
I might be able to do that, but I don't have Mon Hun. Any other games? 3DS or Vita.
Someone posted in the gaming section that Monster Hunter 3 is on sale for 3DS on the eShop? Perfect time for everyone to pick up a copy and get carried by Quadratic to high level quests.
Buying digital from Nintendo? Nooo way.

Sober

Might be a thunderstorm tonight. Be careful all!

I should've worn my monster hunter t shirt...
I don't see it.

Might try to make it for the pre-meetup. My cousin still has my copy of MH3U though. Guess I could use that time to complain about the NEW 3DS.

ZZMitch

Might not be coming tonight unfortunately! My friend asked me to help her move out at 8pm. Dunno how long that will take.

Azih

Sorry guys, family stuff came up so I'm dropping out. KabukiWaq isn't coming because he's scared.... also maybe family stuff there also but mainly because you guys are frightening.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom