• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trevor Noah to replace John Stewart on The Daily Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the wrong impression of Americans. 99% of our comedy, particularly standup, is a million times more politically incorrect and offensive. A minute of Louie C.K.'s standup makes this (Noah's tweets) look like grade school jokes.

Just because a small collection of Americans are offended by these tweets doesn't mean many of us are, or that our comedy is somehow muted.

I was referring to the ways in which different countries reacted to his different jokes and not to the people who were offended. Shit, I have a Doug Stanhope DVD in my PS4 right now, I know all about how offensive you guys can be with your comedy.

I wasn't talking about people being offended but how different the reactions to jokes about race were. Try to remember that I was comparing how the same joke went down in America, South Africa and England rather than comedians or comedy as a whole.

There are countless edgy and offensive comedians that connect with the American audience. The Chappelle Show was huge for comedy central and wasn't shy about race comedy.

This guy's jokes just look lazy as shit.
See above and of course they're not amazing jokes, they're tweets. I'd watch some of his comedy before you say his jokes are 'lazy as shit'.

His mum is a Xhosa black South African.
She's Xhosa and one of her parents was Jewish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom