• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U) Details/Screens (E3 2012)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The game looks phenomenal on everything, but if the screens are genuine, Wii U version would have much better image quality than PS360 version. This looks like the highest AA settings you can get out of PC version.

Had never heard of the game before but was very impressed when I saw it at the conference!

Will watch its Wii U development with great interest. :D

NEO0MJ

Where is this talk of it being a retail release originating from? I don't think they would expect people to pay 50 dollars to play a director's cut of a 15 dollar downloadable title. If they do then they're fucking nuts.

Happened several times before.

Jonm1010

Banned
Is this game worth it on the 360? Playing the demo now and kind of enjoying it but not sure if it improves or gets worse/repetitive from here out as some of these games do.

bakedpony

It's sad that they still haven't patched the game breaking glitch on the PS3 version if you use an Asian console. Game is completely broken.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't think they ever patched the reversed stereo channels in the first one either. I think it was only on the fatboy models, though.

EDarkness

I checked this out on the show floor, and damn, it's pretty. I didn't play it as the line for it was a little long, but I intend to tomorrow. Probably one of the few games that really showed off what the Wii U could do.

Linkhero1

This looks beautiful. I'm definitely going to get it on the Wii U over my 360. If I had a rig then I would probably get it for PC.

Agent X

I've been playing Trine 2 on the PS3 lately. It's a visually breathtaking game, quite a noticeable step up over the first one (which itself was a stunner at the time). An improved and expanded version of the game on Wii U should be a real treat.

gdt

I'll get the new content for the PC version.

Still, it's a really great game for those who are curious. And gobsmackingly beautiful.

Such an incredibly beautiful game. Will be interested to see if it looks even better on the Wii U compared to the other consoles.

I just love all the colours.

I was a bit surprised when I saw that game int he Trailer reel on Nintendo's Conference.

Glad to hear it'll get exclusive stuff. This is the version I'll buy, then :)

zroid

Banned
These guys should handle the next 2D Mario game. Ahuahuahuahuahua

Trine 2 is actually my dream for what a sidescrolling Wii U Metroid should look like. Obviously with more Metroid-appropriate environments and colour palette, but conceptually similar from an artistic standpoint.

Yagharek

Put this one down under 'pleasant surprise' for the Wii U conference. Definitely grabbing this, always wanted to play it but didnt get around to it on ps3/360.

Mlatador

Banned
Trine 2 is actually my dream for what a sidescrolling Wii U Metroid should look like. Obviously with more Metroid-appropriate environments and colour palette, but conceptually similar from an artistic standpoint.

Not only Metroid, but also a Castlevania Symphony of the Night 2 would be mighty fine with this sort of graphics.

btw...

GAWD DAMN! This game is EYEMELTINGLY GORGEOUS!!!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Key Features

 “The Developers' vision” fully formed
 Improved gameplay and a myriad of level changes
 Over 100 minor changes to the original game, including improved gameplay, level changes, new vocals and character interactions and user experience improvements
If this isn't patched into the PC version in some form, I will actually be sort of offended. The last third of the game felt quite rough at times.

ArjanN

If this isn't patched into the PC version in some form, I will actually be sort of offended. The last third of the game felt quite rough at times.

I'm 100% sure this is just a fancy way of describing the DLC that was already announced some time ago + some patch work.

Instro

So I wonder what the visual improvements are. 1080p I guess? Do these screens look noticeably different than the other console versions?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
anyone got some comparison pics..? PS3 vs Wii-U or something like that..?

So I wonder what the visual improvements are. 1080p I guess? Do these screens look noticeably different than the other console versions?

I think someone pointed out earlier that these were screens from the website from the PC release so we haven't necessarily seen what it looks like on Wii-U.

I loved the first game on ps3, so this version is welcomed as-long as it doesn't have the same price as normal retail games. Looks amazingly beautiful.

SuomiDude

I've heard great things about this game series (if it can be called that just yet). The art is great, and the gameplay shouldn't be too bad either. Definately on my wanted list.

CamHostage

I really hope Wii U gamers embrace Trine on their platform, this series could really find even fuller life on this platform down the road. With that huge touchscreen and the motion sensor set offering new ways to play or interact without getting in the way of core controller-based combat/platforming, a new game could be made to take even more advantage of the console if the fanbase shows up.

CubeHands

Banned
Hope the anti-aliasing in the game is as good as in these shots, because if Trine 2 is running that at 1080p with that high an AA factor, it's pretty amazing.

Lovely looking game, like the first.

Atruvius

I have the first trine, but haven't even bothered installing it yet, lol
is it good?
It is pretty good but can get a bit tedious at time and enemy variety is lacking. Only one enemy, not countin few bosses, skeletons. The last level is really really frustrating and I think they even patched it easier.

Trine 2 is better in almost every way. More varied levels and colour palette, many kinds of enemies and pacing feels better too. Trine 2 is also much easier, and on easy difficulty you get less enemies nothing else changes.

Boss Man

This is a game that I think will do really well on the Wii U for some reason. It just kind of fits the platform. Maybe they should have done a full retail release with the "new experience" tagline though. It may be overpriced, but I bet it'd actually sell more that way. Oh well.

I wonder how it's actually going to look on Wii U. Seems like this could be an easy game to bump it up a bit over the other console versions.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I got Trine 2 from PSN, and it's quite a step up from the original, at least from what I recall. Not sure what they've improved to make it better than the PSN version, but it should set a standard graphically that even retail launch games could find daunting.

I don't know if we've had a digital game at system's launch that was better looking than retail, but I could see it happening. I guess Super Stardust HD was pretty stunning in 2006...

Top Bottom