• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump admin. to Israel: New Settlements Not Helpful to Peace Process

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15H319

The Trump administration said on Thursday Israel's building of new settlements or expansion of existing ones in occupied territories may not be helpful in achieving peace with Palestinians, adopting a more measured tone than its previous pro-Israel announcements.

"While we don’t believe the existence of settlements is an impediment to peace, the construction of new settlements or the expansion of existing settlements beyond their current borders may not be helpful in achieving that goal," the White House said in a statement

The statement could disappoint Israel's far-right which had hoped Trump would give an unqualified green light on rapid settlement construction in the occupied West Bank and east Jerusalem - areas Israel captured in the 1967 war.

Pretty soft criticsm, but surprising nonetheless due to Trump (and GOP's) unabashed support.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Uh oh

Trump's religious base isn't going to like that he's "not supporting Israel".

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Wheres Netanyahu's tweet praising this? I guess their similarities end at building walls. The GOP must be shitting their bloomers.

FZZ

Banned
This administration has no direction and I think that's the dangerous part

Because it's just igniting and giving power to neo nazis and far right crazies even though the more we hear the more it seems like Trump really doesn't want them to have any power and doesn't like that that group is Pro-Trump

Idk this whole thing and the actions they're taking make no sense and have no clear direction

Obama tooted the same horn as well but how many new settlements formed and how much aid was tossed to Israel's side in billions

it is the same US tooting that won't actually have any real grit with it

Layell

The neo-nazi's of the Trump admin not blindly assisting Isreal might just be a case of a broken clock being right twice a day.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think this is the sanest statement to come out of the Trump White House yet. Not that the bar is set very high.

Indeed, this is literally the first thing I've seen from them that didn't make me dread the next four years. Sadly, I don't think this means anything and nothing will change, at least nothing for the good.

lol
nobody expected this

bb1.jpg

Russia has Syria and Iran as allies. Israel considers them a major threat. I think Trump is going to find being besties with both will be a challenge.

Obama tooted the same horn as well but how many new settlements formed and how much aid was tossed to Israel's side in billions

it is the same US tooting that won't actually have any real grit with it

Yeah, basically. The same Administration that said "Hey, Israel! Stop doing that shit!" and then handed them the biggest military aid package in history.

Utterly disgusting. Make Israel Palestine Again.

Ashby

Because it's just igniting and giving power to neo nazis and far right crazies even though the more we hear the more it seems like Trump really doesn't want them to have any power and doesn't like that that group is Pro-Trump

This is giving way, way, way too much credit to Trump based on absolutely no evidence.

Idk this whole thing and the actions they're taking make no sense and have no clear direction
WHAT?! WHERE?! Trump and his horde are nothing but racist bigots, in all the evidence i've seen to date

Gutek

I don't think you're an anti Semite if you're against settlements in Palestinian territory

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the sudden shift in tone is probably coming from Bannon getting through to Trump.

Got

Banned

except that tweet where he supports that neo-nazi cunt Milo.

or that neo-nazi cunt Bannon

FZZ

Banned
This is giving way, way, way too much credit to Trump based on absolutely no evidence.

WHAT?! WHERE?! Trump and his horde are nothing but racist bigots, in all the evidence i've seen to date

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the sudden shift in tone is probably coming from Bannon getting through to Trump.

except that tweet where he supports that neo-nazi cunt Milo.

or that neo-nazi cunt Bannon

He's flip flopping as the president

This dude banned people of my religion from entering my country, trust me I hate him and think he's a racist and dumb fuckwit. But I'm less inclined to believe he has a motive now

This entire presidential race and now the presidency is going like a reality tv show, image is everything to this orange nutsack. I think he's just playing the media and getting bases riled up but with no ulterior motive other than to pimp his brand.

After he passed all the EOs he promised to his base, his actions now have no direction and that seems unsettling to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom