• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump commemorates Cinco de Mayo with a special message to constituents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

And to think Clinton was getting shit for carrying around hot sauce for decades. Surprised he's not wearing a sombrero.

Yep, this cycle truly is ridiculous.

I am almost certain they are a tex mex thing

This is like if he went to Olive Garden and ate that grotesque chicken parm lasagna thing and tweeted "I Love Italians!!!"

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

Does that honestly say 'I love Hispanics!' at the end? Lmao he may as well have ended the tweet with #NotRacist, it would have been just as subtle.

Making Tostada's great again

I just realized, didn't Hillary eat at Chipotle a few months before they had their massive e-coli outbreak? COINCIDENCE? I think not.

Sianos

so is this the donald trump general election pivot i've heard so much about?

oh, so it starts tomorrow? again?

well okay then~~~

Razorback

So the way he professes his love for a country is to claim he is better than them at their own national cuisine.

Top 3 tacos right there.

Barbaquoa and then carne asada are next.

I love pork enough to boot the carne for carnitas heh. Lengua tacos are pretty good too though. Don't give me any of that sour cream and cheese in my tacos either. Just onions, cilantro a lime wedge and some tomatillo salsa.

Trump is hilarious.

"When I'm president we're going to have great taco bowls. Terrific taco bowls. Really great. Beautiful taco bowls."

The way he pivots to compliment his businesses and products given even the slightest opening. It's like a reflex action he can't unlearn despite the fact that he's running for president now.

The other day I saw him talking about how the cameras in his building caught the exchange between his campaign manager and the reporter he supposedly pushed to the ground.

"By the way, do we have great cameras in Trump buildings or what. Terrific cameras. Really great. Beautiful cameras."

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Did she just say Hispanics are illegal? :eek:

She has all these softballs lobbed at her and she gets smacked in the face every single time. She, her team, or possibly both, are complete idiots.

Man, this is gonna be such an entertaining race.

Sianos

Man, I really don't want to type a whole post about how the word "illegal" has been turned into a disparaging noun and have to walk everyone through how the term is used to disparage Hispanic people, how they are commonly accused of being "illegals" and harassed about it until proven otherwise, over, and over, and over even to the same goddamn person. And how even if they do produce their paperwork for another racist fuckwit, they'll just be met with the "well it's probably forged so I have my eye on you" nonsense or my absolute favorite, the deployment of the phrase "probable illegal". I'd have to go into depth into the semantic structure of categorical clusters and the power of word association games, and then no one would even respond to it anyways.

Instead, I'll just say to stop being a disingenuous dumbass.

Iorv3th

I am almost certain they are a tex mex thing

This is like if he went to Olive Garden and ate that grotesque chicken parm lasagna thing and tweeted "I Love Italians!!!"

?? Tex Mex is usually made by mexicans... so i don't know how it would be a bad thing to say you enjoy it?

studyguy

All Hispanics are illegal. Great job Hillary.
More accurate to say there's a ton of Latinos taking offense to the dogwhistle bullshit rhetoric directed as us more than anything else. Where does the average Trump supporter draw the line between hating Latinos in general and illegals? I'd imagine it's blurry as fuck.

The only place that's going to twist that to say 'oh shit she thinks all Hispanics are illegal' is online.

Teggy

Well if you worked at Trump grill and he called for a taco bowl are you gonna tell him no?

He got it from Trump Cafe, not Trump Grill. Yes, someone found this out.

The picture of Marla Maples is also supposedly last week's people magazine opened up to an article on him as well.

I still think that Trump is colluding with the Clintons (i.e., he is a plant for them) and is playing the villain to ensure Hillary wins. It's all part of the master plan, as you will see this sort of softball setup time and time again from here on out. And it makes perfect sense, as Trump and the Clintons have had a friendly history prior to this election cycle, with Trump having donated to their foundations and political campaigns numerous times in the past.

ivysaur12

Banned
I still think that Trump is colluding with the Clintons (i.e., he is a plant for them) and is playing the villain to ensure Hillary wins. It's all part of the master plan, as you will see this sort of softball setup time and time again from here on out. And it makes perfect sense, as Trump and the Clintons have had a friendly history prior to this election cycle, with Trump having donated to their foundations and political campaigns numerous times in the past.

I wish this were true, but life isn't House of Cards, you know?

Trump set this stuff up for every candidate every day.

It's just that Republicans have no method for which to respond to racism. Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom