• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump gives 'assurances' he will scrap laws protecting gay people

Status
Not open for further replies.
But numerous people on The_Donald told me that Trump is way more LGBT friendly than Crooked Hillary and those phony Democrat cucks. This is clearly a smear article from a biased liberal news outlet.

th576Wk.png

Braag

To be fair, Trump is the type of person who would gladly sell his own mother as long as he got what he wanted.
I doubt many people here were fooled by him waving a flag around claiming he supports LGBT rights.

JackDT

Every single person he has appointed so far is against gay marriage and gay rights generally. It's incredibly obvious.

Snagret

To be fair, Trump is the type of person who would gladly sell his own mother as long as he got what he wanted.
I doubt many people here were fooled by him waving a flag around claiming he supports LGBT rights.
Some people were. Mostly people that didn't care much about LBGT rights in the first place but were clinging to any scrap of "evidence" to discredit criticisms levied against the Trump administration.

RinsFury

Anyone that believed that Trump cared about the rights of LGBTQ people was a fool. The next four years of his white supremacist rule are going to be a nightmare for minorities and the LGBTQ community.

Probably great times if you're a straight white male, though.

iPorygon

Did anyone actually believe Trump would be pro-LGBT, or even just leave gay rights as is, I mean Pence is his VP.

Hopefully marriage equality rulings stay put with whatever the supreme court becomes under Trump, but "freedom of religion" legislation with a GOP congress and president seemed inevitable. Doesn't mean we should give up, just that we have a tougher challenge towards equality, which while sad is the reality we now live in for the next four years.

So fucked up that some LGBT+ actually voted for Trump.
Gotta love those single-issue voters.

JordanN

Banned
So on the Drumpf list we now got:

-he's going to destroy the environment
-he's ok with oil drilling on native lands
-deporting Americans and telling Mexico to pay for a wall
-wants to piss off China
-wants flag burners to be jailed
-stripping Americans of LGBT rights

Tell me again why the Electoral College have to vote for this guy?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
He said he'll fight for the LGBT community - we can safely assume from past precedent that he'll do the opposite. Is anyone actually surprised?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Isn't this in regards to forcing pastors/priests to marry gay couples when it violates their core beliefs?
This has never been a thing, but it's good to see Republican rhetoric working so effectively.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm expecting the worst possible outcome for everything. And since I'm a minority yeah fuck everything. And I'm young and may not have a future to look forward to since hey science and facts are a political issue :(.

This Russell person should probably know that Trump's positions entirely change depending on who he is speaking to at that exact moment and how he can ingratiate himself to them.

Not that this administration won't be terrible for LGBT rights, but if he thinks a Trump "assurance" means anything he's a fool.

Exactly. The source on this article is very questionable and people here would be well advised to ignore some unknown person being ,"assured" trump is going to do something to peoples rights. He's already established that he feels marriage is a settled issue for example

slit

Who the fuck even knows what an assurance from his administration is? Trump's attitudes change on a dime.

This article doesn't really provide much new information, other than "man in favour of thing is confident in other man helping him".

DedValve

Banned
trump, his administration and the entire republican party are a farce filled with fuckbois and fuckgirls alike.

There is no redeeming quality save for the fact that in their fuckboi-ery they'll all hopefully die miserable and alone sadly not before many of us do.

I wish them the worst possible life imaginable.

danthefan

Don't elect a homophobe

We're too late :(

Has Trump said or done anything homophobic during the campaign or after his victory? Only thing I can remember is him saying the gay marriage issue had been settled by the supreme court and that was that.

Fuck knows what the truth behind this story is. Reportedly given assurances. Right.

This topic is very personal to me but i also have to go into my critical thinking mode here and see this as nothing more than conjecture built on the back of a third party account of a conversation. I will not freak out in rage until Trump himself takes action, if he even does.

I also worry about these threads popping up all over the place on this forum. I do not think it is productive at all to dump a thread every time someone says he spoke to Trump and run wild with what it means to peoples' lives.

Concur completely. There are plenty of other, more legitimate things to criticize trump for. Some guys conjecture is not.

Has Trump said or done anything homophobic during the campaign or after his victory? Only thing I can remember is him saying the gay marriage issue had been settled by the supreme court and that was that.

Fuck knows what the truth behind this story is. Reportedly given assurances. Right.

He chose to run with a homophobe, that in my eyes makes him homophobic.

Trump's VP pick (among several other cabinet picks who DO have an extensive history against LGBTQ+ rights) is a big red homophobic flag that the administration won't lift a finger to help advance human rights in this country.

Apathy

seriously what is wrong with the republicans. You're whole country is based on being free from oppression and making sure everyone is treated as an equal. Who the fuck cares if jill and jane hook up? who cares if roger and fred like to get freaky in their bedroom. It doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect anyone except the people involved. Just leave them the fuck alone.

even if it were some issue with your religion saying what they do is wrong, who the fuck cares? so they don't go to your shitty heaven, more room for you and your homophobia there.

fuck at this point it feels more like you're still upset you let the non whites have rights in the 60's and you're not going to let new minorities get away, you want to legally be able to oppress them for some sick jollies.

just fuck off already and mind your own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom