• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump gives 'assurances' he will scrap laws protecting gay people

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

He held up our flag though! I thought he was a champion for LBGT? I knew he wasn't. He is a snake.

I hope the push back will be brutal. Any state that tries this shit will be met with push back from companies and stars.

His VP isn't a homophobe, his VP is well beyond an irrational fear of gay people.

Pence HATES LGBT people. He believe's we are a disgusting blight on humanity that should literally either be tortured into heterosexuality (which is impossible) or imprisoned.

Him being president if Trump dies or gets bored or gets impeached is the stuff of my nightmares.

Surfinn

seriously what is wrong with the republicans. You're whole country is based on being free from oppression and making sure everyone is treated as an equal. Who the fuck cares if jill and jane hook up? who cares if roger and fred like to get freaky in their bedroom. It doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect anyone except the people involved. Just leave them the fuck alone.

even if it were some issue with your religion saying what they do is wrong, who the fuck cares? so they don't go to your shitty heaven, more room for you and your homophobia there.

fuck at this point it feels more like you're still upset you let the non whites have rights in the 60's and you're not going to let new minorities get away, you want to legally be able to oppress them for some sick jollies.

just fuck off already and mind your own business.

Their argument strips down to "I don't like it". Plain and simple. Otherwise known as.. no argument at all.

The best is how it's turned around into "you're taking my rights away".. which amounts to the highest fucking tier of mental gymnastics for the sake of justifying a straight up bigoted viewpoint.

"I don't like it" veiled as "it's against my religion".

Although I will say this isn't just republicans at all.

Razmos

His VP isn't a homophobe, his VP is well beyond an irrational fear of gay people.

Pence HATES LGBT people. He believe's we are a disgusting blight on humanity that should literally either be tortured into heterosexuality (which is impossible) or imprisoned.

Him being president if Trump dies or gets bored or gets impeached is the stuff of my nightmares.
Yep, Trump is problematic, but he's a fucking idiot.

Pence is a legitimate monster who will ruin countless lives for his own personal vendetta and the idea of him being this close to power is scary as hell.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
How the fuck aren't you banned?
"PM a mod and stop asking why x user is not banned"

I think a mod has said something similar to that extent a few months ago

Edit: I'm not trying to backseat mod. I jstu remember a thread where a mod did say this

Saganator

seriously what is wrong with the republicans. You're whole country is based on being free from oppression and making sure everyone is treated as an equal. Who the fuck cares if jill and jane hook up? who cares if roger and fred like to get freaky in their bedroom. It doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect anyone except the people involved. Just leave them the fuck alone.

Conservatives (current Republicans) have been fighting tooth and nail for centuries to repress people in some form or another. Don't let the "party of Lincoln" BS fool you, it's been the conservatives, the people against change, who oppress groups of people.

JordanN

Banned

even if it were some issue with your religion saying what they do is wrong, who the fuck cares? so they don't go to your shitty heaven, more room for you and your homophobia there.

fuck at this point it feels more like you're still upset you let the non whites have rights in the 60's and you're not going to let new minorities get away, you want to legally be able to oppress them for some sick jollies.

Ironically, it shows how "offended" republicans get.

A man and a man or a woman and a woman is apparently enough to get under their skin. They don't show any restraint. Once being gay is heard, they actually want to put the time and effort to make laws about it.

"You're gay so you can't do this." "You're gay so I'm passing this law to remind you are gay"

Guy who wants something claima he was given assurances from an unknown party that he will get it with no specificity as to who told him because no one did.

The guy doesn't even assert that Trump told him that just "people".

Odrion

Banned
I'm not even mad at the people who voted for trump

I really am not. They may be shit stains, but they wear that proudly.

I'm mad at the pieces of shit that either refused to vote for hillary because 'muh bernie or muh 2 sides', or didn't vote at all.
you should be angry towards bigots too, being openly bigoted isn't a positive trait or even a neutral one

Taking out Trump isn't enough though. You'd have to take out the whole of his cabinet otherwise you'd just replace one cunt with a bigger one.

The logistics of that are problematic and would require some ingenuity.

Yeah, well... remembering that scene from Pulp Fiction and having a chuckle was the beginning and end of that thought process :p

alternade

So on the Drumpf list we now got:

-he's going to destroy the environment
-he's ok with oil drilling on native lands
-deporting Americans and telling Mexico to pay for a wall
-wants to piss off China
-wants flag burners to be jailed
-stripping Americans of LGBT rights

Tell me again why the Electoral College have to vote for this guy?

Because white people want to make America great ie relive the 1950s

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Don't worry guys, Ivanka will set him right.

Spoiler: Ivanka won't be doing a damned thing to keep Donald Trump from pursuing both his own and the Republican party's awful agendas.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This is a good way to land yourself on an FBI watch list, if this poster suddenly goes dark it won't take much to fill in the blanks.

People don't remember this scene?

https://youtu.be/O9LbKWL7GRA

It's saying we need to "take out Trump" the same way Trump said he wanted "the second amendment people" to "take out Clinton," through vigorous awareness and letter writing.

People need to "take care of" Trump by showing him a gay old time (in that Trump wants recognition from, as he likes to put it "the gays," in order to stroke his ego) like how Vincent treated Mia.

In a thread yesterday someone said that they hoped someone would "straight up take him out" and they're still around.

I understand that GAF is very leftwing biased but some of the stuff said in off topic around the election goes beyond bias. Statements like the quoted one are unacceptable.

Link

The Autumn Wind
In a thread yesterday someone said that they hoped someone would "straight up take him out" and they're still around.

I understand that GAF is very leftwing biased but some of the stuff said in off topic around the election goes beyond bias. Statements like the quoted one are unacceptable.
Reagan's BR

lazygecko

I don't think the 1%ers propping the GOP up really cares either on a personal level, but keeping the country's politics firmly focused on social issues benefits them since it pushes the agenda away from debates about financial reform.

Is the Independent reliable? Doesn't even cite sources of these alleged reports and instead goes on tirade against Russell.

I'm mad at the pieces of shit that either refused to vote for hillary because 'muh bernie or muh 2 sides', or didn't vote at all.

This a thousand times!

Codeblue

Is this surprising to anyone? This election has made it abundantly clear that people will sell out vulnerable groups if someone promises to rub a magic lamp and wish dead industries back to life. He isn't going to act in the best interest of citizens that oppose him. That's not the sort of person Trump is.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
ItvP56y.jpg

They made this for me down in the dungeon

Euron

wait wasn't his stance that LGBT rights aren't going anywhere?

wasn't he FOR them?

what the hell?

i really feel like we're going back in time dude this SUCKS
Trump has made it clear that he doesn't actually want to run the country and just wants to hold rallies while Pence does everything. With Pence calling the shots, expect an incredibly anti-LGBT administration.

It's an extreme reaction but do you not see what this thread is about? Some misplaced anger if you see Trump as a victim here.

America elected Patrick Bateman to president. The man is a self serving unabashed ultra 80's toxic capitalist sociopath. He thrived in the 80's/90's age of rich decadence and has changed a bit since and never will.

Agreed, I can't count the amount of people who were proud of not taking part of the election.... until after the election and panicked with the rest of us. I'm fully of the belief if you talk politics and you don't vote, you are the worst.
Although I was a Bernie supporter.... still voted for Hillary because of obvious reasons

Lo-Volt

I have no doubt Rep. Russell is being honest in his description here. The Republicans have precious little interest in protecting minorities whose rights have been openly impinged on. Why would this be so surprising?

Besides, there's been a long history of majority rule being used to impinge on minority rights in the U.S. We endorsed or tolerated everything from institutionalized slavery to anti-miscegenation laws to Jim Crow to voter suppression, to all sorts of mistreatment of queer individuals (not that long ago, states were putting gay marriage bans into their constitutions!). So let's be honest, this is what we're about.

Pillville

Isn't this in regards to forcing pastors/priests to marry gay couples when it violates their core beliefs?

Churches aren't even forced to marry straight couple they don't like. They can refuse anyone.
Church ceremonies are private activities, not business transactions.

RedHill

Banned
Has Trump said or done anything homophobic during the campaign or after his victory? Only thing I can remember is him saying the gay marriage issue had been settled by the supreme court and that was that.

Fuck knows what the truth behind this story is. Reportedly given assurances. Right.
I'm gonna go with "appointed an advocate of conversion therapy as his VP" for $500, Jim

The Mule

I don't believe anything Trump says, whether it's these "assurances" or earlier remarks about not being homophobic.

He's completely inconsistent and easily manipulated by people around him.

What if Trump is just saying that to please the Republican? Cause you know how he always says whatever to whomever as long as it pleases them...

This is gonna be a long 4 years..

Misha

Banned
Trump has stated he wants to repeal same sex marriage and leave trans rights to the states. Anyone who's surprised hasn't been paying attention.

RPGCrazied

Trump has stated he wants to repeal same sex marriage and leave trans rights to the states. Anyone who's surprised hasn't been paying attention.

But during his recent interview with 60 minutes he said its the law of the land and its time to move on, but yeah, he is a liar, so you can't take anything he says honestly.

jelly

I don't think there is much to worry about, this is just Trump being nice, promising good things to whoever he deals with. Whether he allows things to happen is another matter.

Misha

Banned
But during his recent interview with 60 minutes he said its the law of the land and its time to move on, but yeah, he is a liar, so you can't take anything he says honestly.
The fact that that's the most positive thing he will say and no one should even believe that tells all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom