• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump names climate science denier to run NASA

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The next time you think your boss is an unqualified moron, remember that these guys have it worse.

Two Words

If that were the case we can all look forward to the sweet release of death soon. I guess Tump provoking North Korea is the electric cables we're all gonna grab.

Seriously, watch the episode with the analogy in mind. It fits pretty well outside o Homer being a fairly moral person, even though he is an idiot.

http://www.simpsonsworld.com/video/436466755640

Carl and Lenny are Trump's goonies that defend all of his screw ups because he's "new at being president"

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This piece of shit hasn't done anything good in all these months, why would he start now?

It's still sad, of course.

louiedog

"Trump is inexperienced, but he'll surround himself with the best people," said absolute morons over and over. I wonder how many of those people have enough introspection to realize how absolutely fucking stupid they are. Not enough I bet.

Derwind

The absurdity of this presidency keeps growing day by day.

A scientifically illiterate, climate change denier is now head of Nasa.

Its like if I was the head of a telecommunications company and I didn't believe in the physics behind electromagnetic waves. Its all magic.

giphy.gif

Shouldn't a major scientific institute, I don't know elect and appoint it's own administrator so a thing like an outsider with no credentials taking over doesn't happen?

The ramifications this dumbass could have could literally be felt when the space race really gets moving again, and when all the major private space agencies like Space X get going, or other countries' space agencies, will Nasa be left in the dust?

Find out in the future!

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Shouldn't a major scientific institute, I don't know elect and appoint it's own administrator so a thing like an outsider with no credentials taking over doesn't happen?

The ramifications this dumbass could have could literally be felt when the space race really gets moving again, and when all the major private space agencies like Space X get going, or other countries' space agencies, will Nasa be left in the dust?

Find out in the future!

👋

Hey you still have the US Air Force space program.

Find out in the future!

NASA got sidelined in the space vehicle department for Space X and co by Obama a long time ago.

SaviourMK2

So when will the 2016 Election results be in? All I've been told so far is the same joke from November.
I've yet to see a president in office since Obama left.

When this dude's outta the White House, we gotta purge all these fucks from the different nooks and crannies he's stuffed them into. There better be a list of all the she he's reversed and needs to be reverted (DACA being the current one), as well as all his cronies put in charge of various government institutions. Clean house like Odysseus and his son did to the suitors at the end of the Odyssey.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeap, that sounds about right with Trump being a climate science denier himself.

kswiston

Whenever the democrats control the government again, someone needs to change the laws so that the people running the country's science departments actually have to have a graduate level science background. It's won't stop republicans if they want to put a crack-pot with a PhD in office, but it would be a start.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Whenever the democrats control the government again, someone needs to change the laws so that the people running the country's science departments actually have to have a graduate level science background. It's won't stop republicans if they want to put a crack-pot with a PhD in office, but it would be a start.

i think rather than that, they should change the law so that people not affiliated with lobbying and financial conflicts of interest not form the governmental body. A lot of these anti climate guys are not stupid or drop outs, they are hand picked to explicitly deny climate science for the financial interests of the old energy industry, and on the contrary, have to be very smart in order to continue to obfuscate any policy discussions whenever they happen to be called out

Well its up to spacex to handle the space stuff for the us.

Else the Chinese will be more than happy to take the reins in space

Adding this on top of the EPA appointment is almost certain doom for the PR of these agencies, as well as funding for any 'inconvenient' discoveries as it relates to climate change.

We've decided to stick our head in the sand and elect bureaucrats to dictate the interpretation of scientific data. Bureaucrats who have their marching orders to deny any data that would be costly for their corporate bosses. Disgusting. It would be like hiring a holistic quack to head the CDC. Thankfully things haven't gotten that bad...yet.

Game-Biz

Lol this is worse, imo. Flat earthers are just morons. Climate change is an existential threat.

Yeah, flat earthers are just trolls or some may have some kind of really paranoid condition to think that we've been lied to by the powers that be about something so easily and visually simple to prove, but like you said, they're just morons; they may yell as loud and as much as they can but even the average scientific illiterate will laugh at that bullshit. But they won't typically laugh at climate change denial. And to have even considered hiring this man as the leader of fucking NASA...wtf. Goddamn, I hope the senate does not let this happen (zero faith they that actually will do the right thing, though)...I mean this common fucking sense.

Climate has changed.
It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or sustainability.
It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by politicians and lobbyists.
Climate - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine.
Climate has changed.
Lobby-tagged politicians carry lobby-tagged talking points, use lobby-tagged policy.
Human greed inside their bodies enhance and regulate their denial abilities.
Administration control. Leads to Information control. Leads to emotion control. Leads to industry control.
Everything is monitored and kept under control.
Climate has changed.
The age of industrial effervescence has become the age of controlled obsolescence...
...all in the name of averting catastrophe from looking to the mirror of how we've handled this world.
And he who controls the way we see climate...controls nothing.
Climate...has changed.
When the political battlefield is under total control, climate becomes routine.

that's literally impossible to consider, since you need climate science for other planets at least. Jupiter and it moons have a climate worth studying, regardless of how you feel about the idea of Earth's climate changing.

But then I expect a concern like "actually getting someone who understands rocket science" isn't on the list when you're considering shit like this.

Clockwork5

I'm okay with scrapping NASA. It's been an immense waste of money and intellectual pursuit.

But I know I'm in the vast minority on this one.

avaya

How is this even allowed. Then again Ricky Fucking Perry was put in charge of the D.O.E. not realising holy shit it is the fucking Nuclear Weapons Program.

Can the next President get ride of this guy? Can Nasa Scientists force him out?

Top Bottom