• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump names climate science denier to run NASA

FC6953E1241182839532509368320_323b6f9cf8f.1.5.13602981475008929513.mp4.jpg

G.ZZZ

Check back the last day 30-40 years, it's literally been the same when a Democrat got elected. Obama had to do it, Clinton had to do it. The Dems fix the shit Republicans do and make friends with countries that the Republicans come in and shit all over.

Obama sure, Clinton not really. Learn your history.

Clinton was the one who cancelled the Glass-Steagall Act, for one. He passed the though-on-crime reform which disproportionately hit minorities. He enacted some of the biggest welfare cuts "just" after Reagan did his tax cuts. Clinton was incredibly lucky that the world economy was in much better shape in the '90s than in the '80s, and to its credit, he didn't start any war either (the yugoslavia mess was largely an EU affair).

He also lied to congress, and still to this day he has pushed some extremely questionable ideas, see the blunders he did during Hillary's campaign.

Ithil

Why is it always these dipshits with zero scientific credentials who go around trying to tell everyone about how climate change isn't real because of some vague idiotic mumbo jumbo "science"?

tbm24

Why is it always these dipshits with zero scientific credentials who go around trying to tell everyone about how climate change isn't real because of some vague idiotic mumbo jumbo "science"?
The most likely people to accept the bribes.

E-Cat

Because the scientists have "politicized" the science with their scientific facts.

Xe4

Banned
Even if it was not agreed upon all you need to do is go to a couple cities in China or India to see what the fuck is wrong with the world and its industries. There are entire cities where it's basically poison to breathe the air.

You aren't going to make the world a better place by waiting for an ice age. It's time to change some of this shit now.

I should point out that aerosol pollution in those cities is a huge, huge problem, but that isn't directly contributing to climate change. Indeed, the aerosols if anything are slowing down the effects of AGW because of their reflection of sunlight back into space. Though the CO2 released during the released of most of these aerosols is the chief cause of global warming, so it would be disingenuous of me not to link the two issues somehow.

Indeed, pollution is an easier problem to deal with in a lot of ways than climate change because it's effects are easily noticeable and thus there is a larger outcry to deal with them. Anthropogenic climate change is so dangerous, in part, because the effects are so subtle and long term, people are less likely to take notice and try to do something until much damage has already been done to ourselves and the global ecology.

Ac30

So when's his hearing? I have a little faith that he won't get confirmed - Trump's Republican honeymoon in Congress is over (that lasted long), and hopefully the moderate darlings® and McCain or Graham see some sense. Please...

reKon

Banned
Nomination like this are a waste of time because this time I don't think he gets confirmed. If Congress votes him through then who whoever votes for that - fuck them. I have no words to describe how worthless the people are who approve of this. And of course fuck that piece of shit Trump.

AJLma

Can somebody slap some sense into these people?

Nope. Not possible, their kind have proven that they know nothing except how to profit from lies, manipulation, murder and exploitation. At this point some sense needs to be slapped into the population, if anyone.

HylianTom

Banned
I lost respect for the Trump voters in my life on a moral basis over many incidents over the past year (mocking the disabled, pussy, etc).

But this is another angle. This kind of thing is where I've lost respect on an intellectual basis. How dumb does one have to be to think that this is solid or acceptable decision-making?

Climate change deniers = more jobs for HVAC tradesmen.

The hotter the Earth gets, the more people will need AC units installed and maintained.

Those people voted for Trump.

They know the deal.

Fuck up the Earth in various ways = more jobs for skilled labor and tradesmen.

Red

Climate change deniers = more jobs for HVAC tradesmen.

The hotter the Earth gets, the more people will need AC units installed and maintained.

Those people voted for Trump.

They know the deal.

Fuck up the Earth in various ways = more jobs for skilled labor and tradesmen.
Right, it all boils down to that crooked HVAC industry and their corporate lobbyists.

eshwaaz

Nomination like this are a waste of time because this time I don't think he gets confirmed. If Congress votes him through then who whoever votes for that - fuck them. I have no words to describe how worthless the people are who approve of this. And of course fuck that piece of shit Trump.
Congress already confirmed a climate change denier who sued the EPA some 13 times to be head of the EPA. Nothing is below them.

Costa Kid

I don't understand why in the US, the president literally decides the head of everything. The whole country does a 180 every 4/8 years it's so bizarre.

nny

:|

I hope Americans can correct this as soon as the next elections and then double down on everything that has been destroyed by this administration, so that the end result in a decade or so is actually positive. One can dream, right?

VariantX

Isn't is always the case? Republicans destroy everything and Democrats are the janitors who clean up the mess only to have the cycle repeat.

Pity the next democratic President can't create an executive order to rescind all of Trump's executive orders.

I'm tired of this cycle. We could be moving forward for once instead of barely clawing back to where we were before some idiot broke everything they could get their hands on. This isn't without republicans trying to stop you at every turn either

I don't understand why in the US, the president literally decides the head of everything. The whole country does a 180 every 4/8 years it's so bizarre.

But the head of the administration only decides so much. Congress is the one that funds the various programmes line by line, so if Congress funds, say, an expensive new satellite for climate research, I'm pretty sure that satellites's getting built irrespective of who the head of the administration is. I could be wrong but I think this is true.

daveo42

Banned
Nice to see that more jobs will be lost as scientists and engineers leave the United States to other countries that actually believe in science.

Wag

That's OK. It's not as if NASA will have any money left by the end of this administration anyways...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's the dumbest fucking shit. What a disaster. USA is the dumbest fucking country. (Sorry, but you did elect this president and government.)

mnannola

Well at least this guy requires senate confirmation right? I'm sure since has no position being the head of NASA, our Senate will do the right thing and deny his confirmation.

If you care about science, stand up for it. The war on science is real, and it's overwhelmingly Republican.

Please vote, people.

I said it before, but I maintain it:

US is the only country I know, where a scientist can be debated by a politician.

Ridiculous to say the least.

Top Bottom