• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump talks of ‘calm before the storm’ after military meeting

Zolo

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/05/trump-calm-before-the-storm-243519
“We have the world’s great military leaders in this room,” Trump said to reporters after uttering his remark during a photo-op in the Cabinet Room of the White House.

Pressed on what he meant, the president said, “You’ll find out.”

It was unclear what topics were discussed or what “storm” the president could be alluding to. But the White House summit with top national security officials comes as Trump weighs whether to decertify the Iran nuclear deal, a move that would hinder one of former President Barack Obama’s key diplomatic achievements.

Also:
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/916094254883180544
Jake Tapper said:
POTUS to commanders:"Moving forward I...expect you to provide me with a broad range of military options when needed at a much faster pace"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He will start a war to get his "ratings" up because that's all he gives a shit about (and money).

He wants them to get him info on how to deal with global military conflicts.... faster.

I'm make a post about how little Trump understands, but that would be tedious.

Iksenpets

Banned
I think Trump honestly believes that a war is the best way to get out of the whole he's dug for himself. Surely no one will hate him anymore once he leads us to glorious war.

adj_noun

“We have the world’s great military leaders in this room,” Trump said to reporters after uttering his remark during a photo-op in the Cabinet Room of the White House.

Pressed on what he meant, the president said, “You’ll find out.”

Why did we have to elect a reality TV star President of the United States

why

MIMIC

Banned
At least he didn't announce it over Twitter! He's getting more and more Presidential by the day. I'm gonna raise his F- to just an F for today.

Zophar

There's a word we use a lot to describe actions with political intent and motivate fear and terror among a population.

400px-Doomsday_Clock-_2.5_minutes.svg.png

Machina

Banned
He is practically begging the military establishment to find a reason to strike NK at this point. Trump is exactly the sort of flat out moron president who would resort to war to try and boost his political capital.

Madness

"Moving forward I...expect you to provide me with a broad range of military options when needed at a much faster pace"

Meaning when my senile old ass gets upset and I want to eradicate 10 million North Koreans or Iranians/Persians, give me the ability to do so right away...

I can't imagine what men who spent decades learning war, military strategies, graduated from West Point, became Generals, lived through Vietnam to the present are thinking having to answer to Donald J. Trump.

Culex

Banned
I honestly could see Trump doing some kind of military exercise with Navy and/or Air force and "accidentally" crossing the border along the sea or airspace, just to cause NK to attack.

Top Bottom