• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump talks of ‘calm before the storm’ after military meeting

MIMIC

Banned
So Huckabee sorta addressed this. I took this as just more crazy (irresponsible) rhetoric.

And she actually said that Trump is keeping the world from chaos xD

I don't think he has anything. I think his trolling extends beyond Twitter and is just standard in how engages the media and regular people unless you sit him in front of a teleprompter.

ianpm31

It's obvious they want to start a war with Iran. Republican hawks have been wanting this for many years. They want to intimidate North Korea by using Iran as an example, remove an ally from Russia, gain more influence in the Middle East, and make Israel happy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Personally just think this is his extremely irresponsible way of fucking with the press.

Despera

Banned
First Gulf countries fuck Qatar over with the help of Trump's admin, a country which has the biggest US military base in the mid east, then they re-impose sanctions on Iran, currently Qatar's strongest ally in the region.

Meanwhile both American and Saudi leaders mend relations with Russia.

This is a weird timeline.

derder

This scenario we are in is exactly why I hate the false equivalency of Trump vs Pence. If Pence became president, this type of shit would not happen.

You'll know soon enough

“You’ll find out,” Trump told reporters at the White House when asked what he meant by his comment.

The president left many people scratching their heads after he offered mysterious remarks before a Thursday dinner with military leaders.

“You guys know what this represents?” Trump asked reporters in the room. “Maybe it’s the calm before the storm.”

Asked what he was referring to — such as possible action against Iran or the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria — Trump responded, “We have the world’s greatest military people in the room.”

“You’ll find out,” he said when he was pressed again.

Later Friday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders refused to say whether the president was hinting at a military action.

“We’re never going to say in advance what the president is going to do,” she said.

So Huckabee sorta addressed this. I took this as just more crazy (irresponsible) rhetoric.

And she actually said that Trump is keeping the world from chaos xD

Chaos is a finite element and when one entity or individual sucks up all of the available chaos it leaves everyone else more peaceful. At least comparatively.

Top Bottom