• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump talks of ‘calm before the storm’ after military meeting

If he provoked NK and we lose SK and collateral damage caused China and Russia to start a Proxy war then global stability is fucked in Russia's favor. We'd lose so many allies. Japan would remilitarize. Australia and Europe would ignore us.
If we go to war with NK the US is eating a nuke not just Japan and SK

He truly is you guys’ Caligula. I’m just waiting for his “nominating his favourite horse (Jared/Ivanka) to the Senate” moment.
Maybe he'll declare war against Britain and send our soldiers to the beach.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he declared war against an allied state.

Yeah, he does this all the time.

Trump: *rambles off some bullshit*
Media: "Uhh, what does that mean?"
Trump: "We'll see." ;)

It's not even conscious. He doesn't know what he was doing today, he doesn't know what "calm before the storm" means in this context, he doesn't know what he's implying. He just wants to sound like he does.

Hoping that he is so insane he doesn't know what his lips are saying, and doesn't know how to pull the levers of power, is such a dire situation for the world to be in.

Beartruck

Someone I know has a kid in the reserves who will be sent overseas if there is a conflict. They're absolutely terrified over it, and when I told her that republican presidents love to start wars, she literally weakly responded "...but hillary..." No sympathy for the idiots who voted for this guy and are willing to die for him.

epmode

Doesn't he always say "we'll see" though? This is the real life equivalent of his rando Twitter nonsense

I’m an expert in Trump-related anxiety and I can confirm that he says it all the goddamned time. Sometimes it amounts to something but it usually doesn’t.

let people wish death upon trump, it'll be much less in the grand scale of things compared to what he wants to do to iran and nk, more endless death for the meat grinder

(note: am not wishing death upon trump, certainly understand the sentiment but with pence you have an evil bastard who's actually competent at his job, compared to trump who shit his pants on the reg)

mreddie

This nightmare won't fucking end.

qNqqJ5.gif

Hope everyone is ready for a 71 year old narcissist who has nothing left to lose at this point in life, to launch all out, likely nuclear war to cement his legacy as the worst and final president of the United States. If he knows he's going down, he'll damn sure take us all with him.

I'm not even joking in any way.

tbm24

I’m not buying into anything Trump says. He thinks this is all a game and he’s trying to play it like some suave tough guy because he has the US military behind him. He doesn’t know what any of it actually means. That’s why he’ll say some stupid shit to US generals like this or compare Afghanistan’s to a restaurant renovation.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Like most of the crap this guy pulls, he'll be ignored and the real people doing actual work behind him will ensure the world isn't drawn into his nightmare.

ruxtpin

Banned
I would love to go one fucking week without hearing one word from this piss guzzling orange cunt. How anyone can not regret voting for this war-mongering fascist racist shit-stain of a human being is beyond me.

"But her emails? Our economic anxiety?" - To that I say, go fuck yourself.

Needed to vent.

Hope everyone is ready for a 71 year old narcissist who has nothing left to lose at this point in life, to launch all out, likely nuclear war to cement his legacy as the worst and final president of the United States. If he knows he's going down, he'll damn sure take us all with him.

I'm not even joking in any way.

As long as he waits till after KH3 releases on PC then I'm fine being capes by a nuke

Beartruck

”You'll find out".

Wow he thinks this is some reality tv show.

"Will a hopeless moron attempt to unravel global stability? Can one man single-handily destroy Pax Americana? Find out next week on the nightmare I scream into my pillow every Thursday!

Like most of the crap this guy pulls, he'll be ignored and the real people doing actual work behind him will ensure the world isn't drawn into his nightmare.

The problem is, he's the president. They can calm him and assure him and send him on his way, but if he gets something stuck in his craw and pushes for it, they literally can't say no to him.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I assume this refers to imminently cancelling the Iran deal and making a public play that the world should sanction or attack Iran because it's their fault the middle east is unstable and regime change will lead to a safer world.

At least now I have proper empathy for people living in countries where a military coup is viewed as a positive event.

I'm sorry I was patronizing to you guys.

Beartruck

I assume this refers to imminently cancelling the Iran deal and making a public play that the world should sanction or attack Iran because it's their fault the middle east is unstable and regime change will lead to a safer world.

I remember reading an article awhile ago about how someone showed Trump photos of Iran in the 70's where women dressed normally and had knee length skirts. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's idea of "a safer world" involved visible thighs he could stick his hands up. Better upset global stability for dem yams!

Social

Another military move/war from the US is the next logical step, we're all waiting to see how this man can sink any lower, that would be it.

Jag

Crazy thing is I hope that's all it is, because it is ominous and scary as fuck coming from an evil demented old sociopath.

He knows wars and patriotism is the one thing that can protect him.

”Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Hopefully the rest of the world says "Fuck you" to the US and sides with Iran, then.

Fuck this country.

Zophar

Crazy thing is I hope that's all it is, because it is ominous and scary as fuck coming from an evil demented old sociopath.

He knows wars and patriotism is the one thing that can protect him.
No war, especially not a pre-emptive one without any clear pretense, will protect him. That's the thing.

Going to North Korea isn't popular nor does it appear justified and neither does Iran if the catalyst is reneging on our own peace deal.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Roy Wood Jr- Ex Jedi‏ @roywoodjr 12m12 minutes ago

This ain't normal. Apply this to any other conversation and it's crazy.

HUSBAND: it's the calm before the storm
WIFE: what storm?
HUSBAND: Oh, you'll find out

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/916118339642183680

LMAO, so true. And it's coming from the POTUS for fuck's sake... but it's Trump, and his word is turning out to be useless. None of his promises have any weight to them. "We'll see" is the only thing you can take him for - because it's really the only thing we can do.

Zubz

Banned
Who do we even have to be starting a war with? I mean, I shouldn't be asking; Dipshit Donny's probably looking at Iran & North Korea despite the stability. He's going to start a war & get people killed just to gain public approval & make it harder for any potential ousting from the Mueller investigation.

hypernima

Banned
Roy Wood Jr- Ex Jedi‏ @roywoodjr 12m12 minutes ago

This ain't normal. Apply this to any other conversation and it's crazy.

HUSBAND: it's the calm before the storm
WIFE: what storm?
HUSBAND: Oh, you'll find out

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/916118339642183680

Wow this is true as fuck lmao.

I think if he tries to bring back the draft a war would break out from that. Hellllll no I don't see the bulk of men I know willingly going to war.

Speaking of Trump

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Ralph Northam,who is running for Governor of Virginia,is fighting for the violent MS-13 killer gangs & sanctuary cities. Vote Ed Gillespie!

Maxim726X

Fuck.

This is probably it.

He has to keep his campaign promise! He probably doesn't understand it, but that's hardly of any importance.

rudger

Why did we have to elect a reality TV star President of the United States

why

Have you never met a republican who worships Reagan? A movie star who was suffering from dementia? We really aren’t that far off. I’m just going to be so sad having to listen to Republicans twenty years from now talking about how Trump was the best. Ugh...and if I see a fucking collectors coin....ugh...

Lombax

Banned
Worse than immenent nuclear war?

I do not believe there is an imminent nuclear war on the horizon.

I do however think that tensions in the United States are going to hit a breaking point. It saddens me that the orange fuck and GOP are succeeding in one thing they are dividing us.

45 should be removed from office for lack of leadership, gross incompetence, and just being a general pile of garbage. That needs to happen legally.

Top Bottom