• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tells Theresa May he won't visit UK until she fixes his image problem there

Biske

What kind of fucking idiot has these conversations over the phone?

Especially when every fucking moment for him is leak city, you'd think he'd save this particularly stupid shit for conversations that are less likely to be recorded

Take her to the white house stair way like in House of Cards or some shit. Jesus christ.

This man must get off on embarrassment.

Mrs May replied: "Well, you know what the British press are like."

I loathe the Sun, Mail and Express as much as the next reasonable person, but fuck off, May. I know you probably watched in horror as the sycophants in the Mail and Telegraph slowly turned on you after your election embarrassment, but the right wing press in this country is usually sycophantic as hell when it comes to oh I dunno, the political right wing. For instance, if you had solidly won the election with a commanding majority, you know damn well the Mail would have continued with that delightful authoritarian narrative of "CRUSH THE SABOTEURS".

But the fact that even the press here still cannot lavish praise on this snowflake of a manchild speaks volumes. How dare the British press not prostrate themselves to the glorious god king who is surely anointed to show humanity how it is done? Yeah, that's how it is. The press owes him some positive coverage and how dare they fail to do so. Could it be because most of us think Trump is a cunt and it crosses party political lines? Could this indicate that Trump himself has the responsibility to re-assess and turn his image around in the eyes of the world? Nah, we can't have that. Let's just make a meek and glib rhetorical statement about the press instead. Cheers, Theresa.

He said: "I still want to come, but I'm in no rush. So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier.

Besides clearly not understanding that the UK government does not possess this ability to gag the press or control the narrative they print out (which is good, even if they're still unregulated and it doesn't stop the Mail from kissing her feet anyway or lying to voters about NHS money), here is Trump just casually extolling the thought of how wonderful and convenient it would be if we just forego an independent press and any pretense of democratic institutions. What do we normally call these individuals who desire for such a thi-

-oh yeah, authoritarians and fascists.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
May blew a 20 point lead with near total support of the press. If she had any control over the British public you'd think she might have used those powers last month.

The opposition hate Trump even more so there's basically no chance he's ever coming here if he wants things to change first.

Top Bottom