• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump thanks Putin for expelling 755 US staff currently serving in Russia

rpmurphy

Trump is literally a baby in front of Putin, and a toddler in front of everyone else. Trump turned the US leadership into a complete laughingstock.

Record still pristine, not a negative word on Putin/Russia.

Seriously does he not know expelled does not mean fired, these people are still on the State Department payroll lol. I guess Putin is making personnel decisions for the US now...

BebWm5b.gif

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
As much as I hate Trump, this doesn’t seem as much like him cradling Putin’s balls as it seems like he’s trying to save face the same way a child would if someone knocked over their sandcastle.

“Well thank you! I was gonna knock it over anyway! You just saved me all that effort, poophead!”

Yeah, that's how it looked to me too. Of course, it also unfortunately makes him sound ignorant, because the staff that were booted out of Russia are still federal employees on the payroll.

Madness

Thank you for throwing 755 American citizens into turmoil and them having lost their jobs all because I am a spineless prick worried about a golden shower tape leaking. Those personnel were probably making tons of strides in helping advance US interests, working with Ukraine and other diplomatic personnel. Stalin and Khruschev are probably laughing it up and throwing this in Reagans face wherever they are.

Oriel

Serious question: how does a supporter defend this?

His supporters love Russia due to that country's embrace of far right nationalism, Christianity, authoritarianism and treatment of gays and minorities. American Trump bots see Russia as a model for the US and therefore believe the two countries need to be firm allies, not enemies. This expulsion of diplomats won't faze Trump supporters in the slightest.

sangreal

Serious question: how does a supporter defend this?

This is a dumb thing to say and it will piss off the already reeling civil servants of the state department but it's far from the most indefensible thing he has done. This is the way he often tries to undermine attacks on him -- by pretending it's a good thing. He did the same thing when his cell phone number got leaked and he played it off by recording a campaign ad for anyone who called it. His supporters will eat it up

Today alone he said a number of things that are harder to defend. Also these people will be reassigned. Trump is an idiot

But I thought he wanted to give people jobs?

Guess it is off to the coal mines for those ex-diplomats.

Good luck getting a job. My boss works in the coal industry and he showed us the most recent statistics yesterday. Trump did not "save coal." Coal is FUCKED.

Jmille99

On imgur, right click the image, get the address/url, change the .gifv or .mp4 to .gif.

If you uploaded the image yourself on imgur, hover over the image, click the drop down menu arrow, get share links, and copy the BBCode.

Gotcha. On mobile, so im assuming thats why i dont see that option. Thank you!

Back on topic...I still question how we got to this point. Still like a bad nightmare.

Yudoken

If they would fire Drumpf and put him in prison for treason and everything else he has done it would save the US billions.

Azuran

Banned
He's just fucking with us at this point. He knows Mueller is about to knock on his door so why not make up outrageous just to see how much his mentally challenged supporters will believe him?

Hahahaha. The hits just keep coming.

This guy doesn't care at all about optics, and neither his base. This is a disgraceful statement, spitting in the faces of career public servants for the sake of what? A supposely better relationship with Russia? What a joke.

Yo, this bitch.

I had to read the thread title three times because I thought it was the original "Putin Expels Diplomats" thread and somehow my brain just wasn't processing it right.

Top Bottom